DC (and other cities) seating charts on TicketMaster now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it does say in the email

I will be crushed if there is no Vegas, because that is the only real possible show I wanted to go to on this leg. :depressed:

Oh, I'm not doubting about the show, just that the on sale date was TBD, so we don't know what date to be on the lookout for.

We might have to rely on u2.com for the on sale date. :huh: :crack:

Wow - can't believe they're selling the lawn seats back there on that slope. I've sat back there for a football game when I lived there for a year in the 90s.

Actually, that is pretty cool if you ask me. If you end up in the back of the GA, then the hill is pretty good for getting you elevated above the heads of the others. Makes good sense for me. I spent many games on that hill back in the 80's and 90's. However, I can only remember a few. :lol::lol::lol:

Wow - can't believe they're selling the lawn seats back there on that slope. I've sat back there for a football game when I lived there for a year in the 90s.

Likewise on both counts. After thinking about it for a bit, the stadium is so small I don't see how they couldn't.

To non-natives who may think of attending, I'd prolly suggest this show over many others simply because of how much smaller it is relative to all the other venues. :applaud:

The Rose Bowl looks small in my opinion. Maybe it's just the chart

The Rose Bowl is an ancient stadium with relatively narrow rows, and more than half of the seating is backless benches. In spite of seating 90,000, it is a relatively intimate building.

Rose%20Bowl.jpg

The big problem with the Rose Bowl is that there will be 30,000 cars potentially descending on the venue for the show and not a whole lot of space to put them all.

The Rose Bowl is an ancient stadium with relatively narrow rows, and more than half of the seating is backless benches. In spite of seating 90,000, it is a relatively intimate building.

Rose%20Bowl.jpg

The big problem with the Rose Bowl is that there will be 30,000 cars potentially descending on the venue for the show and not a whole lot of space to put them all.

I thought it was a big stadium. The seating chart made it look smaller

not to be stupid.......but what is the red zone? and how much are those tickets going for?

Oh, I'm not doubting about the show, just that the on sale date was TBD, so we don't know what date to be on the lookout for.

We might have to rely on u2.com for the on sale date. :huh: :crack:

Maybe we're looking in the wrong place. UNLV does their own ticketing, and I think that typically includes Sam Boyd Stadium.

UNLVtickets.com

Note that this is where you even go to buy the Supercross at Sam Boyd Stadium...and you don't find that event (or any Sam Boyd event) on TM.

So who is doing the ticketing for this show, assuming it happens? And if UNLV, can their system handle this kind of crush, presale codes, etc.?

Maybe we're looking in the wrong place. UNLV does their own ticketing, and I think that typically includes Sam Boyd Stadium.

UNLVtickets.com

Note that this is where you even go to buy the Supercross at Sam Boyd Stadium...and you don't find that event (or any Sam Boyd event) on TM.

So who is doing the ticketing for this show, assuming it happens? And if UNLV, can their system handle this kind of crush, presale codes, etc.?

anyone go to sam boyd for popmart? who sold tix then? ticketmaster?

here's the original list for those that missed it....

20 June 2009 Camp Nou Barcelona ES Wed. 25 March
07 July 2009 San Siro Milan IT Fri. 13 March
11 July 2009 Stade De France Paris FR Fri. 20 March
15 July 2009 Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann Nice FR Fri. 20 March
18 July 2009 Olympic Stadium Berlin DE Fri. 27 March
20 July 2009 Arena Amsterdam NL Sat. 14 March
24 July 2009 Croke Park Dublin IE Fri. 20 March
31 July 2009 Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg SE Fri. 13 March
03 August 2009 Veltins-Arena Gelsenkirchen DE Fri. 27 March
06 August 2009 Slaski Stadium Chorzow PL Fri. 20 March
10 August 2009 Stadium Makimir Zagreb HR Fri. 27 March
14 August 2009 Wembley Stadium London US Fri. 20 March
18 August 2009 Hampden Park Glasgow GB Fri. 20 March
20 August 2009 Don Valley Stadium Sheffield GB Fri. 20 March
22 August 2009 Millenium Stadium Cardiff Wal. GB Fri. 20 March
12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Mon. 30 March
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Mon. 30 March
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Mon. 30 March
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Mon. 30 March
29 September 2009 FedEx Field Washington DC US Mon. 6 April
01 October 2009 Scott Stadium Charlottesville VA US Sat. 4 April
03 October 2009 Stadium Raleigh NC US Mon. 6 April
06 October 2009 Georgia Dome Atlanta GA US Mon. 6 April
09 October 2009 Raymond James Center Tampa FL US Sat. 18 April
12 October 2009 New Cowboys Stadium Dallas TX US Mon. 20 April
14 October 2009 Reliant Stadium Houston TX US Mon. 20 April
19 October 2009 Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK US Sat. 4 April
20 October 2009 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Phoenix AZ US Mon. 20 April
23 October 2009 Sam Boyd Stadium Las vegas NV US TBD
25 October 2009 Rose Bowl Los Angeles CA US Mon. 6 April
28 October 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver BC CA Mon. 6 April

UNLVtickets.com

I actually looked there.

I seem to recall for Vertigo there was a show that had it's own ticketing system and Ticketmaster did the presale but the regular sale was done through the venues ticketing system so maybe that's how LV will be handled also.

I actually looked there.

I seem to recall for Vertigo there was a show that had it's own ticketing system and Ticketmaster did the presale but the regular sale was done through the venues ticketing system so maybe that's how LV will be handled also.

You may be thinking of Popmart or the Elevation Tour.

The MGM shows during the Vertigo tour were sold through Ticketmaster.

You may be thinking of Popmart or the Elevation Tour.

The MGM shows during the Vertigo tour were sold through Ticketmaster.

I didn't say anything about it being Vegas (I was at MGM), I said there was "a" show on Vertigo that had it's own ticketing system that had the presale via ticketmaster.

If I recall I believe it was the Houston show.

I was answering the question of how the Vegas presale could be handled if the proprietary Sam Boyd ticketing system didn't have that ability

Back
Top Bottom