choice of seats--and giving tix back to TM for 9/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2u2

Babyface
for Giants stadium, I have a ticket 4 rows from the field at about the 5 yard line, next to the stage. I also have a GA option (my friend takes the one I don't). I am not likely to squeeze down toward the stage (well maybe I would), so the question is, is that close to the side of the stage (Edge side) looking over the red zoners, a better view than back by the mixing board?

Also, does anyone else expect a pretty good flood of tickets to be turned in for Weds show, based on how many we see listed on craigslist and ebay. Seems like a lot of people would be happy to break even, if they over bought.

I found out from Dublin shows that the side views are quite challenging on a stage that huge, and with those claws!!

I had a 6th row seat for Dublin 3, but the claw was right in front of me!! So I could not see Larry at all during the entire time he sat at his drum kit. Sometimes The Edge would disappear from my view too when he "hid" behind the claw. I pretty much can see Bono and Adam throughout the whole concert (well, except for when they stood close to Larry's drums).

But if you get one of the sections where the claw doesn't hinder your vision, seating THAT close to the stage is worth it. I think the view from the back by the mixing board is going to be stunning as well. If you're a tall enough person, you would enjoy it. I, on the other hand, will only see people's backs and heads if I stand that far away from the stage in GA... Even when the stage is so high up... But that's my speculation though, because I haven't tried standing way that back in GA.

thanks for the seating perspective...I have to get a close look at the set up and some shots from Chicago and Boston because I'm almost on the aisle betweem 135 and 134.

As for ticket returns, I think hard tix had to be back already but paperless tix can be returned as late as Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom