Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York - PRE-SALE - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a "Horizon" password, and planned on going to the New York show at Giants Stadium. However, I have work obligations tomorrow that make it impossible to participate in the "Horizon only" presale between 10am - Noon. In fact, I probably will not be able to take part in the presale at all tomorrow.

So, I am hoping that New York gets a second show (perhaps Friday 9/25/09). Any rumors to that effect? I hate to waste a "Horizon" presale code (and not to mention miss U2 in 2009). Anyone have any reasonably reliable news of encouragement?

I got a presale code for Billy Joel/Elton John tickets - but I had to go through the email to get the presale box to pop up.

I got an email from Gillette but it just said I would get an email tomorrow. We also have a CitiCard. I have to use it to get Jonas Bros tickets for a friend's daughter on Wednesday - of course after I get my U2 tickets. :hyper: Hopefully.

I got a presale code for Billy Joel/Elton John tickets - but I had to go through the email to get the presale box to pop up.

I got an email from Gillette but it just said I would get an email tomorrow. We also have a CitiCard. I have to use it to get Jonas Bros tickets for a friend's daughter on Wednesday - of course after I get my U2 tickets. :hyper: Hopefully.

when is billy joel & elton John? I have to goto that! *checks email*

Anyone else getting a little misty-eyed that the presale is 8 years to the day of the Elevation Tour kick-off?

24 March 2001

I am so glad I made the trip to catch those shows and saw Bono spit at the guy.

Mark

So, I am hoping that New York gets a second show (perhaps Friday 9/25/09). Any rumors to that effect? I hate to waste a "Horizon" presale code (and not to mention miss U2 in 2009). Anyone have any reasonably reliable news of encouragement?

I could almost guarantee they'll add a second show...especially because a friday show will get lots of big-spending new yorkers out of the city after the end of the work week. The question should be...3rd show? :hmm:

VIP doesn't look that good to me, but to each her own:

VIP Package Price:
$522.00 Limited Availability (Soldier Field)

YOUR VIP EVENING INCLUDES:

Preferred Seating – One premium, top priced reserved seat located close to the stage offering a spectacular view of U2’s innovative new 360° stage design. Tickets will be shipped prior to show date
Reception – 2 hour pre-show VIP reception featuring a first-class catered buffet and open bar (beer and wine)
Parking – Forget about parking hassles; VIP guests will receive a reserved parking pass (one pass per every 2 tickets purchased. Parking passes will be shipped prior to show date
Access – Purchasers of this unique package will be granted access to the venue through a separate VIP entrance
Gift Package - VIP guests will each receive an Official U2 360° Tour merchandise gift package, featuring a special tour VIP item not available to the general public. Exclusive merchandise gift will be distributed the night of the show
Backstage Tour - As part of this package, VIP guests will be eligible to enter a drawing for the chance to win an exclusive backstage tour!

Do you think using both the U2.com presale code (for 4 tix total) and one of these venue presale codes is asking for trouble?? It doesn't seem like it's breaking the rules to me since it's not exceeding the total allowed w/U2.com code... Thoughts?

I emailed TM and asked if Boston Red Zone would be auction or part of regular sale but so far no reply...

NOTE: For Boston and Chicago, the pre-sale isn't just for U2.com subscribers it seems. Season ticket holders for the New England Patriots and Chicago Bears have also been given access to the pre-sale starting on March 24. It does appear that "Horizon" subscribers to U2.com will have a two hour jump start on the pre-sale before the Patriots' and Bears' season ticket holders.

If the Giants stadium sells out for the 24th, and they add a second date, does anyone know the pattern they have used to add another pre sale date?
Would it be the same day (tomorrow, 3/24) or do they announce another presale date?

I remember them adding 2 dates for Toronto when the main sale was occurring in 2005. So, no presale dates added. It's all last-minute stuff to meet excessive demand.

oh yeah, lol. sorry, all i'm thinking about is Chicago right now.

all you NYC people, please share your experiences with the rest of us Central Time folks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom