Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York - PRE-SALE - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of annoyed here that the presale starts in less than 24 hours and there is NOTHING approximating a seating chart for Soldier Field in Chicago. Makes it challenging to say the least to try to know where tix will be in relation to stage.

With all due respect, what the F*CK?

I agree. This is making me feel nervous and anxious.

I love that I have to try for Boston and NYC at the same time... which one first? It's also my birthday so hopefully that brings good luck.

It's a sad day when I'm happy it's through TICKETMASTER and not live nation -- but man I'm so used to TM at this point.

The presale FOR CHICAGO will begin at 10am CDT - which is 11am EDT.

Presales for Toronto, Boston, and NY begin at 10am EDT.

Gosh...I just got it straight in my head. You'd think I was busy figuring out the how to solve the nuclear crisis.

I just scored floors for the Jane's Nine Inch Nail Addiction Tour.

I hope my luck is still good for Toronto and Chicago.

No email yet either.

I wouldn't be nervous about not getting the email, I mean your codes are on the u2.com tour page anyway, that's all you really need.
Plus the link to Ticketmaster website and you're good to go. :up:

Just make sure you know this before you make your ticket request (this is from the Soldier Field purchase page):

Please note that Best Available seating is determined by ticket price and not section/area. If requesting a specific area, such as Floor, please specify in your ticket request.

I think this may be different than the last tour, when floor was considered "Best Available."

boo fior the seating chart in toronto

27237s_a.gif

boo fior the seating chart in toronto

27237s_a.gif

There goes the "no baseball stadium" rule, since the Rogers Centre will be in baseball configuration for the show.

Some of those "P1" seats are in questionable locations. I would think twice about buying $252 seats if they are above the outfield fence (sections 101 - 142). You would be facing the stage at a weird angle for all of that money.

By the way, I seriously doubt that there are 10,000 "P4" seats in Toronto, but that's another topic . . . .

I love that I have to try for Boston and NYC at the same time... which one first?

me, too. dunno which one i'm going to try for first... i may even try for Chicago as well (b/c i haven't decided whether i'll go to that or not). ugh, it's going to be a little bit crazy. :crack:

Just make sure you know this before you make your ticket request (this is from the Soldier Field purchase page):

Please note that Best Available seating is determined by ticket price and not section/area. If requesting a specific area, such as Floor, please specify in your ticket request.

I think this may be different than the last tour, when floor was considered "Best Available."

I read that too but that doesn't really make any sense. GA's have to be better than way up in the stands. :der:

I read that too but that doesn't really make any sense. GA's have to be better than way up in the stands. :der:

"Better" is a subjective term, but yes, it would be hard to argue that GA's aren't better than some more expensive seats. But that's not what TM is saying. They're just warning us that the software that chooses your tix if you select "best available" will be searching for "most expensive" not "best place to be."

I think.:huh:

Damn I closed the window on the Toronto seating chart. How am I supposed to plan and make back up plans without a chart :angry:

So all of the 100s are in a bad location? Or did you mean 142 - 101?

Just the ones above the outfield fence because you won't be facing the stage - you'll be facing second base (literally - all sexual innuendo aside).

Keep in mind that the first row of seats at the SkyDome/Rogers Centre is almost at field level. The grandstand is not elevated above the field by more than a few inches (as opposed to most modern football stadia, where the first row is elevated by a few feet).

Here's a decent seating chart from the Blue Jays website, which has a better "zoom" function and a download option at the bottom.

2009 Seating and Pricing | bluejays.com: Ballpark

EDIT: The $252 dollar seats in the baseball grandstands (between the foul poles) look like they may have a view of the stage obstructed by the claw.

It's a tricky seating chart to find a good value for the price.

Presale

Looks like tomorrow is only part of the presale....

North American dates (Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York)
Tues. March 24 10AM local venue time - 'Horizon' group
Wed. March 25 10AM EDT / 9AM CDT / 8AM MDT / 7AM PDT - 'Breathe' group
Wed. March 25 6PM EDT / 5PM CDT / 4PM MDT / 3PM PDT - 'Boots' group
Presale ends Thurs. March 26 5PM local venue time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom