Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York - PRE-SALE - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is SO LAME that they arent showing the seating chart. How am I supposed to throw down 500 bucks on 2 seats when I dont even know where they are?!!
:doh:

If you look at the UK/Europe maps, you can get a general idea. They basically start adjacent to the stage front/ellipse area on the sides.

Is anyone else mildly irked by the fact that the pre-sale for Boot members was apparently pushed back by three hours? At least with at 3 I'm in a building with wi-fi and my academic advisor will never notice what I'm doing. Now I'm going to be trusting a Verizon signal on my mother's IBM laptop in Midtown Manhattan... I think I'm going to try for 3 anyway.

they did send out an email about the NA pre sale, people probably missed it because it was the last lines of an email.

I got the email on the 20th

subject:
U2 360° Tour Horizon Presale : Spain, Germany and Croatia PLUS news on first North American presales.

only thing it said about the NA presale:
And if you're looking forward to buying tickets for the North American leg of the tour,
check in on U2.com this Monday - we'll be posting first news of presale dates for Chicago, Toronto, Boston and New York.

I wouldnt expect to get another email before tomorrow morning discussing the NA pre sale. I can see why people missed it though since I dont see the end of subjects that are that long and in the text of the email it wasnt discussed until the very bottom.

they did send out an email about the NA pre sale, people probably missed it because it was the last lines of an email.

subject:
U2 360° Tour Horizon Presale : Spain, Germany and Croatia PLUS news on first North American presales.

And if you're looking forward to buying tickets for the North American leg of the tour,
check in on U2.com this Monday - we'll be posting first news of presale dates for Chicago, Toronto, Boston and New York.

I wouldnt expect to get another email before tomorrow morning discussing the NA pre sale. I can see why people missed it though since I dont see the end of subjects that are that long and in the text of the email it wasnt discussed until the very bottom.

There should be another email sometime tonight just like there's been for every presale so far.

I have to admit I havent been paying attention much to the emails since they have only been about the Europe tickets.

if thats been their typical schedule for emails, Im sure they will follow the same with this.

if they havent been sending out emails until the night before, why are people questioning the lack of an email??

subject:

I got that same e-mail the other day too. Think it's just people's nerves taking over with questioning where the official e-mail is at

Just spoke to someone at Ticketmaster Canada and LiveNation has not provided them with a venue map outlining where the various priced tickets are located. No one could confirm for me what a $252 ticket will get me versus a $32 ticket. No one at Ticketmaster can confirm what the other ticket prices are and where they are located either.

This guy even went so far as to imply that $252 might not even get you an asigned seat - but simply a closer spot in a GA area. He did a lot of checking for me - and Ticketmaster have NOTHING in advance of tomorrow. The best advice he could give me was to make sure my account info was good - and be ready for the pre-sale.

I doubt this guy was trying to get rid of me cause he spent almost 20 minutes looking things up. If he wanted me gone - he could have told me they didn't have a clue right from the start and hung up on me.

This seems really poorly planned. How does anyone know for sure what the ticket prices will be and where you get to sit before you buy them?

What's the deal in Europe? Does anyone know where the equivelant $252 ticket puts you? Is it likely to be different in North America?

An uncle of mine who is a season ticket holder for the Patriots at Gillette Stadium and knows I love U2 has just informed me that he received information about a pre-sale as well. But he has not been informed of a password or exactly what time the pre-sale for season ticket holders begins.

Does anyone else know about this?

Kind of annoyed here that the presale starts in less than 24 hours and there is NOTHING approximating a seating chart for Soldier Field in Chicago. Makes it challenging to say the least to try to know where tix will be in relation to stage.

With all due respect, what the F*CK?

Kind of annoyed here that the presale starts in less than 24 hours and there is NOTHING approximating a seating chart for Soldier Field in Chicago. Makes it challenging to say the least to try to know where tix will be in relation to stage.

With all due respect, what the F*CK?

Agreed. I don't want to pay $252 to find I'm sitting 100 yards from the stage when $32 would have gotten me up front. Furthermore - I also don't want to pay $252 to find that I don't have a seat and am having to line up the night before. A little clarity goes a long way toward making fans and customers happy.

Yea im just as disgusted. I mean I am imagining, the 250 tix are located to the sides of the stage, but still, it would be nice to see how much the behind stage ones are.
ugh.

Well if it's anything like Europe, the lower level seats and possibly even the 2nd level will be at the $250 level. The highest level across the stage and possible all of the behind the stage will be the $30 and anything in between will be the mid-to high level sides.

The GA will say GA and I expect it will be in the 50-70 range ticket. I imagine for Soldier Field the stage will be on the same side as is picture there for the stones, bon jovi and kenny chesney.

Hopefully, it will be updated by tomorrow, but I'm not too worried that I won't know what to buy.

When I plunk down money for tickets, I want to know where they are: Section, row, seat numbers, and I want to see a detailed damn seating chart showing the stage, section numbers, etc. etc. etc. It's 2009 A.D., not 209 A.D. This oughtn't be so difficult.

When I plunk down money for tickets, I want to know where they are: Section, row, seat numbers, and I want to see a detailed damn seating chart showing the stage, section numbers, etc. etc. etc. It's 2009 A.D., not 209 A.D. This oughtn't be so difficult.

And I won't be upset until tomorrow when I see that it's not the case.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I searched and did not find it.

Regarding the u2.com pre-sale. If I don't use all four ticket options I am allowed, what happens to the remaining? Will they have another pre-sale for a second Gillette show or have they announced if they will honor them for the second leg?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I searched and did not find it.

Regarding the u2.com pre-sale. If I don't use all four ticket options I am allowed, what happens to the remaining? Will they have another pre-sale for a second Gillette show or have they announced if they will honor them for the second leg?

Thanks

There are no official answers to your questions... though I could GUESS that any unused "credit" on your presale code would carry over to next year's leg. I seem to recall that was the case with the Vertigo tour.

And there would only be a separate presale for a second Gillette date if they announce a second show WITH SEPARATE PUBLIC SALE DATE after show1 sells out. If they simply start selling show2 immediately after show1 sells out on Mar30, there will be no second presale for that date.

I just want two assigned seats as close as I can get them, but I really want to know what to request first. I can't do GA anymore, per doctor's orders. I'll save my other two for another date, I think. With this economy, I really can't justify more than one show. Hopefully more info will show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom