Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question to those who have purchased tickets and selected ticketfast (print your tickets) as the option for ticket delivery. I purchased 2 tickets yesterday throught the presale for Chicago but as of today when I log in to my ticketmaster account I cannot print out my tickets. There is a note that says "Ticket delivery for this event will be delayed". Is anyone else having this issue?

I mentioned this in another thread:

Two reasons affecting demand for Toronto tickets (causign less tickets for the gernal public/pre-sales). I see:

1. RIM is sponsoring the tour and their headquarters are in the Toronto region. I believe that all/most employees will be reserved tickets if they want them.

2. Film festival week.

I mentioned this in another thread:

Two reasons affecting demand for Toronto tickets (causign less tickets for the gernal public/pre-sales). I see:

1. RIM is sponsoring the tour and their headquarters are in the Toronto region. I believe that all/most employees will be reserved tickets if they want them.

2. Film festival week.

The RIM headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, and of their employees, how many do you honestly think would be interested in standing for hours and hours in GA? In fact, a quick google tells me that they have 3,700 employees. There'd have to be a very high percentage of them attending in GA in order to eat up all those tickets.

The film festival was playing in Toronto last tour too, and that had no negative effect on fanclub members getting tickets.

Are there a separate amount of tickets allocated for each presale group, or is it just one presale batch and the Boots group gets whatever's left? I'll be trying for NY GA's in a couple of hours, and I'm really nervous that I won't get any.

Is it bad to be behind the stage? The pictures of the stage make it look like the stage is open, so in some of these stadiums, sets behind the stage seem to be much better than seats all the way on the other side of the stadium. True??

Bono has said in an interview that the seats behind the stage are actually great.

QUESTION:

I only need 2 GAs but figure I may as well go for 4. But, if I put in 4 and say there's less than that available, will it give me the option of less? Or is it safer to just try for 2 at a time?

The RIM headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, and of their employees, how many do you honestly think would be interested in standing for hours and hours in GA? In fact, a quick google tells me that they have 3,700 employees. There'd have to be a very high percentage of them attending in GA in order to eat up all those tickets.

The film festival was playing in Toronto last tour too, and that had no negative effect on fanclub members getting tickets.

yep... agreed..

something just isn't adding up here with the GAs for Toronto..

i am really sorry you guys are getting the shaft here.

Does anyone know if there are a lot of GAs for toronto being posted on Ebay. :hmm: just wondering if the touts got their grubby hands on 'em.

QUESTION:

I only need 2 GAs but figure I may as well go for 4. But, if I put in 4 and say there's less than that available, will it give me the option of less? Or is it safer to just try for 2 at a time?

Lies, I wondered the same thing myself. To be safe, I was planning on getting two, and then going back into the system to get two more to trade if need be, or to sell at face to another fan in need. Looks like that's not even going to be an issue for me, now. :happy: But to answer your question, I'm a big chicken, and I'd play it conservatively.

Thanks, Amy.

Sorry if this has been addressed....u2.com is listing the presales for Boston, NY, and Chicago as SOLD OUT. Is that accurate (anyone with an unused Horizon/Breathe code confirm?)? I don't recall when the SOLD OUTs started popping up for the European presales.

EDIT: Nevermind: I see that is for travel packages. But HAS anyone checked recently to see what sorts of tickets are left?

Sorry if this has been addressed....u2.com is listing the presales for Boston, NY, and Chicago as SOLD OUT. Is that accurate (anyone with an unused Horizon/Breathe code confirm?)? I don't recall when the SOLD OUTs started popping up for the European presales.

The VIP packages are sold out, not the show.

fyi Boston GA are still available for Breathe, so I'm sure Boots will have a pretty good chance of getting GA...only single tickets available for $252 (section 110 row 30 seat 11 is what I pulled up)...first level $97 still available (I pulled up Section 102, row 25, seats 16-17)...I agree, interesting how the seats seem to be more popular for Gillette, is there something I don't know? bad sound on the field? hope not! hopefully its just that they released a lot of the GA to the presale

That was easy--4 GA for Chicago.

For those looking for seats, either tomorrow or in the general sale--here's a sample of location vs. prices (section/row price):

242/6 250
114/4 250
440/7 55
441/12 30
211/1 250
331/7 95
132/15 250
237/6 250
244/11 95
246/8 95
342/4 95
309/1 250
243/9 95
344/7 95
228/3 (which is where I sit for Bears games!) 95
124/15 95

I though 132 and 114 in the lowers was kinda far back for 250...:ohmy: Some pretty good seats still left.

Anybody have anything similar to this for NJ?

K, I'll try for 2 and 2.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume that if you requested 4 GAs and they weren't available, you'd get the standard "the tickets you requested are not available in the number or in the section you wanted, please go back and try another number or section" message, and then you'd have to start over again.

hey...if I signed up on U2.com right now...would I get a Boots presale code and presumably be able to buy a few GAs for Foxboro at 6pm?...i figure it may be a good hedge against me not getting tickets in the general sale monday and then get stuck paying double or triple face value

Rogers also owns a lot of media outlets including radio stations

I heard they are giving away (via contests) a tonne of GA tix on certain radio stations owned by Rogers

Plus there is the fact there is a huge U2 fanbase in Canada, with only 1 event currently on the bill for the entire country.

I feel really bad for the Boots and Breathe members.

I realize that U2 are hugely popular here, but with all the coveted destinations on this tour - Dublin, NYC, the NA leg opener in Chicago - and the way hardcore fans who would have memberships like to travel to shows, I really don't believe that Toronto tickets would be that much more in demand than any of these shows. At least not enough that only a minuscule number of Breathe fans got GAs, whereas in other cities, Breathe members were able to get GAs with ease, hours after they went on sale.

I think Rogers, Ticketmaster, somebody fucked around with the allotment numbers.

Really. This whole thing doesn't seem to be adding up. Even with the configuration of the stadium, the Film Festival, and the fact that the TO show is the only show in Eastern Canada to date, how on earth is it possible that all GAs were gone five minutes after the Breathe tickets went on sale? After experiencing a computer glitch (typical ticketbastard), I checked consistently for a half hour after 10 EST. Nothing. And yet, people here were still bringing up GAs for the other NA shows -- cities that are all just as popular as Toronto -- long after they went on sale. I honestly don't understand.

So when I am waiting for 6:00pm, do I put in what I want and get the "your password is not yet active" screen and keep clicking refresh here...or do I have to put in what I want, click find tickets, and if it isn't active yet, go back and restart the process?

WHAT ABOUT US POOR F****S who are not fan club members we wait on monday for tickets in canada and we wont get any GAs no fair :doh::angry:

hey...if I signed up on U2.com right now...would I get a Boots presale code and presumably be able to buy a few GAs for Foxboro at 6pm?...i figure it may be a good hedge against me not getting tickets in the general sale monday and then get stuck paying double or triple face value

My presale code showed up immediately after i signed up...so you should go ahead and do it !

They only reserve a certain number for the presale so there will be tickets available in the general sale.
If I don't get tickets in the presale I'll be upset because that's why I paid money to join.

And I was wondering the same thing as bonofox! Does anyone from the previous presales know the answer to that?

So when I am waiting for 6:00pm, do I put in what I want and get the "your password is not yet active" screen and keep clicking refresh here...or do I have to put in what I want, click find tickets, and if it isn't active yet, go back and restart the process?

Try a little ahead of 6pm. With Wembley the tickets went a few minutes early and I was done at the on sale time!

Good luck! :D

Really. This whole thing doesn't seem to be adding up. Even with the configuration of the stadium, the Film Festival, and the fact that the TO show is the only show in Eastern Canada to date, how on earth is it possible that all GAs were gone five minutes after the Breathe tickets went on sale? After experiencing a computer glitch (typical ticketbastard), I checked consistently for a half hour after 10 EST. Nothing. And yet, people here were still bringing up GAs for the other NA shows -- cities that are all just as popular as Toronto -- long after they went on sale. I honestly don't understand.

The configuration of the stadium - correct me if I'm wrong, I know nothing about football - but isn't the baseball set up, which is the one shown on the diagrams, bigger? And that should allow for even more GA space? I do know that even if it were the football layout, that CFL fields are bigger than NFL.

Subnet, you might have a point there about Rogers promotions, but I'm sure venues in other cities are doing a ton of promotional giveaways, too. Besides, I can't imagine Livenation/U2 allowing that many tickets to be released for something like that, that their fans who have paid for the opportunity are left out in the cold.

I guess the best we can hope for is that they do release a ton of tickets for the Boots sale (not really hopeful here, but it's possible), or that enough people bitch and they realize their mistake, and make the probably second show one with presale opportunities, too.

I really can't afford to travel this year, plus I have a ton of family issues going on where I need to stay fairly close to home. Toronto is it for me this year. :|

DG :hug:

Back
Top Bottom