Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw section 110 as $252.00 and section 109 as $97.50, so in the lowers, thats where the break is (on the other side 131 would be $252 and 132 would be $97.50)

So aside from GA and getting beeped into the RID Crabzone, sections 109 and 132 would be the best value at Gillette.

I got a seat in 109 yesterday. I'm quite the bargain shopper :wink:

For a Toronto U2 show? Guess you've never perused Toronto Craigslist lol. Nah, you'll be fine!

I hope I don't have to do Craigslist or ebay, as I've never sold anything on those sites, but I hope someone on here can buy it.
Thanks so much for your help.

hello everyone,

I used my presale code to buy tickets for Paris, but since I will be in Boston in September, I want to try to buy tickets during the general sale. Do you think I have a shot? and what prices should I try getting tickets for? Are the 55$ tickets ok?

hello everyone,

I used my presale code to buy tickets for Paris, but since I will be in Boston in September, I want to try to buy tickets during the general sale. Do you think I have a shot? and what prices should I try getting tickets for? Are the 55$ tickets ok?

$55.00 tickets are GA. Actually they were $57.00

Section 20 was great. I was there for both December Vertigo shows.

So you think in a stadium setting it is better to be on the opposite end of the field looking straight at the stage than being on the side of the stage? I don't mind so much if they are facing me when they are playing, but I would much prefer to be closer to the stage...especially at a stadium.

I saw Green Day at Gillette in section 137 and felt to far away from the show.
So you spilled the beer on me on Dec 5th, why I oughtta...:D (I was in 15 on the 4th which was my birthday and the 3 encores and everything else made for quite a good celebration)

Actually Its just uncharted territory in a football stadium, but for sure I'd take your seats in 114 over 137 or 104 or similar.
My question with the $97 seats is which would be better, 114 or 109, 109 is pretty close and out front, but I think 114 will be good, just not sure if its comparable to a similar section in an arena setting.
I saw Bruce from 128 row 1, and it still didn't feel that close due to the width of the field, which is why I hate stadium shows.

^ I was at the December 5th show too, but I had GA, so I didn't spill the beer on you. I was right where Bono jumped in the crowd, front row during UTEOTW. I had to hold onto his leg when everyone ws pushing forward

hello everyone,

$55's are GA.

Hewson-great birthday gift! That was my first show. :love:

Thanks so much to gvox and lauramullen. I know I come off as a big complainer about U2 stuff, but they were the first band I ever fell in love with, and I've never seen them live since they got me into pop music back in 1991/1992. My big brothers who went to Zoo TV didn't know I was a fan in time, then I didn't know about Popmart or know any friends into U2 throughout high school. Then I could never get tickets. This will be my first ever U2 show and no matter how much complaining I do about the band, I'm gonna love this! Besides, I secretly think I might like this more than GA because of the screaming fans over the music, which always bugs me at Radiohead shows, and is sure to be worse at a U2 show. Also, I'm not tall. If I get GAs if there are other dates, that'll be great, but I wanted to get a seat for one show at least. I can't believe I was almost so greedy. I got nothing back in 2005 because my internet froze, I didn't realize it would clear up and I went and stood in line in futility for the next hour or 2, as 2 extra dates were bought up. I should be grateful to just get a ticket. The less enthusiastic people in the seats are -- in terms of singing during songs or screaming -- the happier I'll be. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Good luck with your sales.

So you spilled the beer on me on Dec 5th, why I oughtta...:D (I was in 15 on the 4th which was my birthday and the 3 encores and everything else made for quite a good celebration)

Actually Its just uncharted territory in a football stadium, but for sure I'd take your seats in 114 over 137 or 104 or similar.
My question with the $97 seats is which would be better, 114 or 109, 109 is pretty close and out front, but I think 114 will be good, just not sure if its comparable to a similar section in an arena setting.
I saw Bruce from 128 row 1, and it still didn't feel that close due to the width of the field, which is why I hate stadium shows.

I have been very lucky with Bruce at Gillette. All three shows for the past two tours I have been on the floor within 10 rows of the stage, so it never really felt like a stadium show for me :)

Personally, if I had a chance to swap with 109 I would do it. I think that overall that will be one of the better sections for stadium shows. IF they do something with the stage so that it rotates for a few songs like the Foo Fighters did for their Wembley show, then I think a lot of the side/back seats will be just as good as the expensive $250 seats.

I only became a member in February, so I never expected to be "Breathe", but it turns out I am and have wasted the first 2 hours of the presale. Now, I can't get anything better than 100 levels and don't want to shell out $252 for what I fear looks like a crappy view from the stands. Anyone know if more GAs will be available or at least Row 1 100 levels will be available?

You do realize that in GA there will be dancing, singing, and clapping fans all around you? Why in the world would you want to go to a concert like that? You're better off not going at all.

IF they do something with the stage so that it rotates for a few songs like the Foo Fighters did for their Wembley show, then I think a lot of the side/back seats will be just as good as the expensive $250 seats.

Absolutely.
I think when comparing price and location, 114 will be a better spot than 113 or 112 anyway when you consider it cost $155 less.

Why are people buying tickets for seats that they don't want in Toronto? Isn't it safe to assume that there will be a Toronto #2?

Hey, pudgie child! Remember me!? I ended up getting kicked of atu2.com. Nice to see you. Already explained my reasons in a previous post.
You do realize that in GA there will be dancing, singing, and clapping fans all around you? Why in the world would you want to go to a concert like that? You're better off not going at all.
Ah, you're familiar with my experience at Radiohead shows, eh?

I have been very lucky with Bruce at Gillette. All three shows for the past two tours I have been on the floor within 10 rows of the stage, so it never really felt like a stadium show for me :)

Personally, if I had a chance to swap with 109 I would do it. I think that overall that will be one of the better sections for stadium shows. IF they do something with the stage so that it rotates for a few songs like the Foo Fighters did for their Wembley show, then I think a lot of the side/back seats will be just as good as the expensive $250 seats.

What time did you show up at the stadium to get 10 rows back?

Giants Stadium - Is behind the stage bad??

In looking at the tour website, it looks like there is a completely open stage, so would seats dirctly behind the stage be great seats?? Wouldn't Section 139/140 be better than say, Section 121/122??

What time did you show up at the stadium to get 10 rows back?

I had seats right next to the GA pit on Nils side. Both Rising shows I got them during the general onsale. For the Magic show, I got them from Ticketmaster two days before the show when the released tickets.

Yes. The disrespect the fans showed you was appalling. Why couldn't they just sit down and take in the beautiful music?
Why don't you actually think about what you just said and how insane it is not to take in the beautiful music performed that exact way only one time, as opposed to a CD recording one could scream over. Those folks weren't respecting my right to hear, which is why we're all there, not to party like drunken asses and be obnoxious and scream every minute of the songs. Those people weren't being themselves, but some cliche approximation of what they think is cool.

Why don't you actually think about what you just said and how insane it is not to take in the beautiful music performed that exact way only one time, as opposed to a CD recording one could scream over. Those folks weren't respecting my right to hear, which is why we're all there, not to party like drunken asses and be obnoxious and scream every minute of the songs. Those people weren't being themselves, but some cliche approximation of what they think is cool.

Muldfeld, with all due respect, were you born in a bubble? Do you not have contact with other human beings other than through the internet?

i am in 140 row 9 at Gillette how bad are the seats do u guys think -

i know its in front of the stage which is cool but i rather be on the side where u would be real close i have a feeling that I will feel far away in 140

Back
Top Bottom