Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I have a quick question...some of the 250 Dollar tickets are on the higest levels...why are they so expensive? Just because the are closer to the stage?

As someone who has worked in professional sports with a baseball team, I can safely say this. When we had a concert during the season no one was allowed on the dirt, which takes away the entire infield area. I would imagine this would also be the case in Toronto. It takes an incredible amount of work to maintain a baseball stadiums field, especially the infield. I am guessing that the outfield grass will be the only place GA will be allowed and the infield will be roped off and off limits for standing. even if the entire field is open, you still have to figure in the amount of space they will have sectioned off around the entire setup, as you can see in the football stadium pictures. Baseball field concerts offer much less space than a football stadium would.

For all you Boots members who are trying the Toronto presale later on this evening, it looks like the best seats coming up at the moment are in the 130A section, row 30. Lovely. :|

As someone who has worked in professional sports with a baseball team, I can safely say this. When we had a concert during the season no one was allowed on the dirt, which takes away the entire infield area. I would imagine this would also be the case in Toronto. It takes an incredible amount of work to maintain a baseball stadiums field, especially the infield. I am guessing that the outfield grass will be the only place GA will be allowed and the infield will be roped off and off limits for standing. even if the entire field is open, you still have to figure in the amount of space they will have sectioned off around the entire setup, as you can see in the football stadium pictures. Baseball field concerts offer much less space than a football stadium would.

In a domed stadium with turf? That could easily be covered?

Question - If I have someone log in and try for me from another location (with a different IP, of course) while I try here, and we both log in to my Ticketmaster account, will that screw things up? Will the ticketmaster police come and get me? Will they cancel my order, in the million-to-one event that I happen to get a pair of tickets?

I seem to remember something about this being addressed last tour, but I can't remember if it worked out, or if it was a no-no.

Also, I just called Rogers Centre Guest Services, and asked for an explanation re: the Toronto ticket shortage for fan club members. I had to leave a message and it said they'd get back to me. In the message I stated how no other city seems to be having problems, and I'd like to know why Toronto is. I'd suggest you all do the same. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that.

The number is 416-341-1707.

Yes, but we all know that Bono is a filthy liar, so I'd take that statement with a HUGE grain of salt.

Dude, time for a new joke.

I really can't afford to travel this year, plus I have a ton of family issues going on where I need to stay fairly close to home. Toronto is it for me this year. :|

Maybe someone will be selling some extras in What do you have/What do you want? Or on other sites.. there will be plenty of time to find a ticket. Some people may need to bail out, change their plans, etc and some tickets could come up. And maybe by some miracle you can snag one in the general sale? I've heard of tickets being 'thrown back' into the sale from people who f up their order, or credit card is not valid, etc. Just trying to offer some hope...

all of the dirt is lowered underneath the field - no one walks on it on the dome floor

everyone will be walking on concrete floors

I suspect it is baseball configuration because of permanent access routes to the field from the infield but this is a guess too

Maybe someone will be selling some extras in What do you have/What do you want? Or on other sites.. there will be plenty of time to find a ticket. Some people may need to bail out, change their plans, etc and some tickets could come up. And maybe by some miracle you can snag one in the general sale? I've heard of tickets being 'thrown back' into the sale from people who f up their order, or credit card is not valid, etc. Just trying to offer some hope...

Thanks Sicy. I'm just really discouraged right now. And with all the things happening at home, my frustration level isn't the best, at the moment. I'm sure I'll end up getting something. I just didn't want to have to resort to scalpers this time.

Wow...I can't believe that in my own city....with my own Boots code.....I'm gonna get a Boot up my own arse with no GA/Toronto love.

Wow...just Wow.

My friends are gonna be pisssed. :crack:

but doesnt toronto have field turf, all you do is put the field turf patches on the bases and remove the mound (i also work in MLB) as they are usually on a palette and placed into place. I agree at a natrual turf stadium you have to rope off the infield, but not in rogers center. I think the baseball setup at Rogers will be god awful for this concert, there isnt going to be a "seat" in that place that is anywhere near the stage unlike the football stadiums where the seats on the side can actually get reasonably close. The stage is going to be parallel probably to the foul poles, where the field is the widest. Sorry to rain on the toronto parade, but unless they move that stage up where 2nd base is, the seats are going stink for this gig..they must be doing something weird though as they should be able to have a huge GA section behind the red unlike football stadiums because of the fanning out of the outfield. I would expect this gig to have the largest GA of any show, not the smallest

Hey I have a question. My boots password isn't supposed to work for another 50 minutes, but when I type it in it seems to let me buy tickets. Should I just buy them, or is there a risk that they will be cancelled?

Does anyone have a complete list of all of the presales that have already happened and their dates? I'm wondering because I want to see what the likelihood is of there being a presale if there winds up being a second Boston show

Hey I have a question. My boots password isn't supposed to work for another 50 minutes, but when I type it in it seems to let me buy tickets. Should I just buy them, or is there a risk that they will be cancelled?

I just tried, a message came up saying the code wasnt active yet. I hope I didn't loose it!!!

Back
Top Bottom