Buying tickets from outside your home country - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:48 PM
Buying tickets from outside your home country

I thought it might be useful to have a thread specifically dedicated to issues of buying tickets from outside your home country. Feel free to merge if needed.

My first question is: If I were to purchase tickets for Amsterdam or any other European city, being in America, what are the shipping options and costs? Am I forced to do will-call or e-tickets? Will they ship hard tickets overseas? E-tickets would make trading harder...

Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Babyface

Local Time: 06:48 PM
Milan General Sale Question(s)

Hi,

With the general sale for the Milan shows does anyone know which website is the correct one for selling tickets?? I am looking at trying to buy tickets to some shows and I live in Australia so I have the problem of having no clue what site is the correct one and the language barrier..

Has anyone looked at this yet?? If you could plllllleeeeeeeassssseee help. The problem will be trying to register for the livenation(??) site when it is in another language (if you need to register)..

Ah ticket nerves..... Sweeetttttt.......

thanks

Old 03-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:48 PM
judging from feedback on the presales today, the shipping costs have been really high, around 35 euros
Old 03-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
War Child

but that 35 Euros is totally worth it to have tickets in hand... my opinion
Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird View Post
but that 35 Euros is totally worth it to have tickets in hand... my opinion
So they will ship hard tickets internationally, but you have to pay through the nose?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inztantkarma View Post
Hi,

With the general sale for the Milan shows does anyone know which website is the correct one for selling tickets?? I am looking at trying to buy tickets to some shows and I live in Australia so I have the problem of having no clue what site is the correct one and the language barrier..

Has anyone looked at this yet?? If you could plllllleeeeeeeassssseee help. The problem will be trying to register for the livenation(??) site when it is in another language (if you need to register)..

Ah ticket nerves..... Sweeetttttt.......

thanks
TicketOne - Home

You have to register, you can click on "English", if you don't understand Italian.

But there are no tickets for the July 7 show available right now. We're waiting for an announcement of a second show.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
War Child

Good topic!

yeah, I am a bit worried about the costs of delivery of "hard" tickets to my home. You see, I am planning to buy tickets for the Zagreb show in August which I will use my pre-sale code to secure 4 tickets. But, I suppose as a way of saving postal costs, I will ask for delivery of the tickets to my friend's address in Zagreb and pay with my credit card rather than use my address here in London. If its issued as an e-ticket, that can save a lot of trouble and I would print it out to take to the concert.

Only one further worry is that I just hope I can do the ordering in english cos Im afraid I dont know much croatian myself. Can anyone here confirm that the Zagreb tickets will be sold by Eventim even though there is no listing of U2 there? (I dont see any listing for Croatia under Live Nation by the way)

and when is the pre-sale on for Zagreb? According to U2.com on the first day the tour was announced, it was originally scheduled three days before 27th March public sale before it was removed from the website. So I have to assume its still the same but anxiously waiting for more info...

sheesh, dont ya hate the ticket sale worries?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
Refugee

€35 for delivery? Fuck that.
Isn't there a "print it yourself" option?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:48 AM
buying foreign tickets?

How would someone from California go about purchasing tickets for a show in Paris (on july 12th)?
is there a ticketmaster for France? or an equivalent website to go through?
please help!
thank you!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuwie View Post
How would someone from California go about purchasing tickets for a show in Paris (on july 12th)?
please help!
thank you!

This is the place to be
Manifestation
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Babyface

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuwie View Post
please help!
thank you!
Here's another:
U2 - 360 TOUR - STADE DE FRANCE - ST DENIS - Pop-rock - Reseau France Billet
and also:
Live Nation France

I have ordered from both Ticketnet and Francebillet with no problems. There is an English option to view the site, too. They ship fast (depending on when the promoter releases the tickets)...usually about 5 days from France to San Francisco for me.
For tickets have both pages up - when one crashed, I tried the other and then the other before I got tickets. Good Luck!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
The Fly

I just ordered a couple of tickets to Wembley 2. I signed up for Box Office Collection, but i was wondering if I only can pick up my tickets at Wembley, or any other Ticketmaster Office?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Location: in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment...or else at my computer.
Didn't know where to ask this, but if I want to buy tickets for the Vancouver show, and I live in the US, can I just buy them through the US Ticketmaster or do I have to set up an account at ticketmaster.ca? I know I've bought tickets to a Vancouver show before, but I can't remember what I did!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:48 PM
The Toronto show came up on the US website, but it may direct you to the Canadien site. I didn't try, so I don't know. You might want to test it with that since the presale is still going on.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Didn't know where to ask this, but if I want to buy tickets for the Vancouver show, and I live in the US, can I just buy them through the US Ticketmaster or do I have to set up an account at ticketmaster.ca? I know I've bought tickets to a Vancouver show before, but I can't remember what I did!
I'm in the US and bought Toronto 2 tickets today through ticketmaster.COM

Here are the shipping options from Canada to US tickets:

Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Location: in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment...or else at my computer.
Alison, I love you.

And only $1.75 shipping..I love that too.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:07 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Any tips when buying US tickets from Canada?

When I select delivery options, the only one it gives me for Canada is mail to be delivered "48 hours" before the performance.

Tags
international tickets