Buying from Box Office In Person

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrissybaby

Refugee
Hi All,

Mods, didn't see another thread discussing this, so apologies if there is...

Okay, is anybody actually planning on going to the venue on the first day of general ticket release and buying from the box office? I live relatively close to one of the venues and was considering going in person to get some seats for some friends. Does anybody have any experience of this? Would I necessarily get the best tickets on offer? The venue in question for me is Sheffield Don Valley BTW...

Thanks!!! :wave:

well my advice wouyld be to queue up as early as possible for the vertigo tour my husband had to get tickets this way for a friend and he went down at ten oclock the previous evening before the tickets went on sale and there as already 150 people in front of him,

he phoned the box office this time around and they said they have been going crazy getting enquiries about the concert, so to be down as early as possible so he will be camping out overnight again and plans to be down there from after 7 oclock on Thursday night to make sure he gets the tickets when it opens on friday morning

It's not possible here anymore to do that, so it might be smart to be sure wether they actually still sell tickets or not.

i would advise against doing that. i used to work at a ticketmaster outlet during the first sale of the vertigo tour and since everyone buys online now, most waiting in line in person were shut out. only the first two people got tickets. i was even shut out of the first leg and i had an "advantage". Don't do it. not for U2. thats my advice

In my experience you might have more of a chance at a ticketmaster outlet if you're there early enough. I'd rather take a chance in person than online (Both would be preferable though)

I think the actual venues sometimes have blocks of tickets that they hold for sale directly to the public. I seem to recall this for Oakland, Calif dates of the Vertigo tour.

And re ticketmaster outlets (if there are any left), my friend scored a pair of Las Vegas GAs while I got nothing online so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (helped that she was the only person there trying to get tix for that show but also lots of luck involved as well).

A little off topic, but I think day of show tickets at the box office for this tour will be very easy to get (for seats). The reason is that the sight lines won't really be known until they set up the stage. They'll probably be conservative in which seats they sell initially, and then sell the rest close to or on the day of the show after the layout is completed. For the last tour, I got 2nd row side ellipse on the day of the show.

ntalwar - I think you've hit the nail right on the head. It is virtually impossible to determine an exact seating configuration as they may discover more 'wiggle room' around the stage extremities - and I have never heard of a promoter passing up the chance to sell a few more seats.

ntalwar - I think you've hit the nail right on the head. It is virtually impossible to determine an exact seating configuration as they may discover more 'wiggle room' around the stage extremities - and I have never heard of a promoter passing up the chance to sell a few more seats.

I completely agree with this.
Not that I would wait until the day before or the day of the show to make sure I had tickets, but if I was desperate or looking to upgrade, absolutely.
I think all levels of tickets will be available just before the shows (even GA, didn't quite a few GA become available just before the shows for Vertigo NZ?), but I think the best deals could be the most expensive seats. That seemed to be the case with some of the Vertigo arena shows. Seats became available very close to Edge and Adam.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom