Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a theory as to why the Argentina show did not sell out right away.
1. It took people hours to secure a ticket
2. The show is on a weds
3. A lot of people know there will most likely be a second show which will be on april 1 or 2nd which is a friday or saturday so they are holding out for that show instead.

Flavia (from BsAs) wrote to say that she spoke to someone from Levi's (one of the tour sponsers) who told her that there will definitely be three gigs in La Plata.

I think robbrecon is rigt, fans there might be holding out for a weekend show before they buy their tickets.

the show is practically sold out
the 2nd one's a given, really

and with those prices, they could very well wait a little, really expensive tickets

not at all amigo, I was just being sarcastic because as someone said many posts ago, there will be many people that will know about the pre-sale when it has already started
:(

probably because they plan on playing on sunday the 3rd as well. the first show sold 80,000 tickets. not bad considering it was taking people hours to secure a ticket.

Google Translate

U2 agrega una nueva fecha en La Plata

Guess Muse is not playing Lollapalooza in Santiago at all then. Actually kind of surprised they are scheduling the shows head-on with Lolla although it's in different countries, something like that would pull audience from Argentina too, I would guess.

the third show could still be on the 31st or 1st, so MUSE can get back to Chile for the April 3rd Lollapalloza show

BUT I'M STILL betting on solo shows between U2 shows

:hmm:
probably because they plan on playing on sunday the 3rd as well. the first show sold 80,000 tickets. not bad considering it was taking people hours to secure a ticket.

80,000? Let´s see, Estadio Unico de la Plata can accomodate some 53,000 people. So if the above figure is correct they have sold 27,000 general admision (field) tickets. :hmm:

I have a theory as to why the Argentina show did not sell out right away.
1. It took people hours to secure a ticket
2. The show is on a weds
3. A lot of people know there will most likely be a second show which will be on april 1 or 2nd which is a friday or saturday so they are holding out for that show instead.

1. Almost 15,000 tickets flew on Saturday in the BF presale. Besides that, for Vertigo, Ticketek was as bad (or worse) than it is now and the shows were sold-out on the first day.

2. The Vertigo dates were Wed and Thu. Again they were sold-out instantly.

3. No-one was counting on a 2nd date at the weekend. Everybody was expecting Thursday for the second show.

IMO, one of the reasons why it is taking more to sell out is that for the Vertigo dates there were almost surely a lot more reserved tickets for sponsor execs, etc. I could almost swear to that. As a matter of fact, 5 years ago, I queued for my ticket all night, was one of the first in the line, got served 5 minutes after opening time and over 50% of the seat capacity in a larger stadium than La Plata, was already unavailable. Even if there were other sales channels (Internet, phone and other 4 or 5 sale points) it was materially impossible to have sold that number of tickets in 5 minutes. Now instead all seat sections and RZ were available at the presales and at the beginning of general sale.

Another issue may be ticket price: 5 years ago the most expensive seat cost roughly the same in US dollars as GA now ($90). Now the most expensive ticket, RZ, costs almost $400. Even if there is a tier who can afford those prices and a good number of diehards who will rake whatever money out of anywhere to get their tix, the lack of mid-priced seats might be a obstacle especially for older fans who don't feel up to GA any more. In fact the cheapest seat is $250 and if you consider that in general people buy 2 tickets (a couple, a parent and a child, etc.) not many may be able to afford spending $500 to $800 on a night out as much U2 as it may be.

Lastly I think the location doesn't help either. Maybe La Plata on a weekday has indeed people thinking twice before getting their ticket.

Look what is happening to me. At the presale of the first show in São Paulo, my presale code was the same from last year, wich i used to buy for Ireland... I didn't recive the e-mail. And when they got me a new presale code, it wouldn't work... I sent a lot of e-mails and then, they sent me one that was working. Everything was fine, until this week... Again I didn't recive any e-mail, any presale code and any answer from U2.com (I'm trying to contact them since Monday). I have the e-mail from a woman that works in Live Nation... And I sent her one asking for my presale code as I'm Boots Group... And look what she answered me ahahaha:

Alice,

You are in fact in Group C “Boots” which enables you to receive up to 3 presale codes per tour. You can only receive a new presale code if you renew your membership early for an additional year. There are 2 Sao Paulo dates that go on sale Friday December 10, 2010 so you have a full day to prepare.

As for why you did not “receive any email about the second night in Sao Paulo”, the U2 site is often updated before any news notification is prepared as the language of the news update must be approved by the band & management.

Please direct further customer service issues relating to your U2 membership to the customer service form on the Contact Us page or orderhelp@u2.com.

And I was like: WTF? but the FAQ say that I'm Boots! I'm at the fan club since March 2009!

So, that was my answer:

I'm sorry but it doesn't make ANY sense.
Q - Can you clarify who can renew, how many times, and how many additional codes you will receive.
A – Yes. Subscribers are allowed one presale access code per the term of their subscription. Subscription terms are:
1. Horizon, Boots, Breathe – joined prior to Sept. 24 2009 7AM GMT
2. Magnificent – joined between April 17, 2009 7AM GMT and Aug. 21 2010 7PM GMT (2PM CDT)
3. Cedars – Joined after Aug. 21 2010 7PM GMT (Group 2 presale code begins with 3U2E...)
For example, If you are in the Horizon, Boots or Breathe Groups, you can now have up to 3 presale access codes. If you are in the Magnificent group, you can have up to two presale codes. If you are in the Cedars group you can have up to one presale code.

Q - If my current subscription began before the August 2010 announcement of additional tour dates (Saturday 21 Aug. 7PM GMT / 2PM CDT) and I now wish to renew that subscription, the additional 12 months will be added to the term of my current subscription and I receive a new presale access code enabling me to buy up to FOUR tickets in presales for any further U2360 shows?
A - Any current U2.com subscriber with a valid presale access code can participate when ticket presales take place. If your subscription began before the August 2010 announcement of additional tour dates (Saturday 21 Aug 7PM GMT / 2PM CDT), and you now renew it, you will receive an additional presale code to use in presales for any further U2360 shows. Click here to renew now (you must be logged in to renew) . If your subscription was taken out after this announcement (Cedars group), and you renew you will NOT get a 2nd presale code.

I'm a member since 9/03/2009.

Thank you for your recent order for an annual U2.Com Subscription 2009 (U2CFCP09). As part of your membership, you receive an online merchandise coupon valued at 25% off your total purchase from U2.com. This coupon is good only on purchases from the official U2 store at http://www.u2.com

Thank You,

U2.Com

Please do not respond to this e-mail. If you have any questions, please submit here:
U2 > Help

Order: 3169197
Order Date: Mar 9, 2009

I've been trying to contact them since monday and I couldn't.

Again:

Alice,

I have just searched your email address in our email service and I have found no email contact history. If you are using a different email address for these contacts, please let me know. However, it is inaccurate and unfair to say that my team is not responding to your inquires.

As for the FAQ questions, as it states, as a Boots member you are eligible for up to 3 presale codes BUT you must renew early to receive a new code. We thank you for your long time membership, but your last renewal was on September 22, 2010 which yielded your current code. To obtain another code, you must renew again.

And I answered her showing my e-mails from my subscription in 2009...

The first email you sent was your Order Confirmation from your first subscription with U2.com which is an automated message upon purchasing your subscription in March of 2009. The second email is an automated News Announcement sent in February of 2009.

Live Nation Merchandise & my customer service team took over the customer service of the U2 Fan Club in November of 2009. Our email service reflects that your email address [harley.girlu2@gmail.com] has not contacted us since that time. Our customer contacts are orderhelp@u2.com, orderhelp@livenationmerchandise.com, communitysupport@livenationmerchandise.com, or the U2.com Contact Us page [U2 > Help]

And that was the last time I had a contact with someone from U2.com. The telephone is always buzy... :mad::scream::yell:

I HATE LIVENATION.

I mean, it's not my fault that I had to renew my subscription only in 2010! And as Bono had his back injure, and here in Brazil dolar is too expensive, I had to wait...

Buying Sao Paulo GAs is a total pleasure. That eTix.com site is great, except for the advertising page at the end that writes the "no thanks, please continue" decline to purchase in tiny words that are hard to find.

Back to sleep for 50 minutes, then BsAs and Santiago at the same time :down:

OK, show 2 (La Plata) down...still not exactly sure what it entails :lol: , but I went with Cabacera Norte this time.

Shame in sales to Brazil Concert!

I am extremely disappointed, I am associated U2.com a long time ago, I'm HORIZON fan and i was going to concerts, including other countries... but in Brazil, my country, just can not buy a ticket I want. I'm trying to get in since 9am (only knew the site would open at 10 am) and site gives me access at 10h04, it was only when the site gave me access and all, ALL the best tickets are "sold out" obviously this is impossible! There is no priority for advance purchase!This has happened in the first show and it happened again now. I will not go! I refuse to be treated that way! It is a shame! I think you not share that policy from TicketsForFun, so I know the group and all that they fight and I cant believe that you agree with it! I have photos from my computer:angry:! It is shameful what is happening in these concerts in Brazil! Come to blogs, Facebook and Twitter ... check! There are a legion of fans disappointed! Sorry my English, but I wrote quickly and do not correct my English text.

I am extremely disappointed, I am associated U2.com a long time ago, I'm HORIZON fan and i was going to concerts, including other countries... but in Brazil, my country, just can not buy a ticket I want. I'm trying to get in since 9am (only knew the site would open at 10 am) and site gives me access at 10h04, it was only when the site gave me access and all, ALL the best tickets are "sold out" obviously this is impossible! There is no priority for advance purchase!This has happened in the first show and it happened again now. I will not go! I refuse to be treated that way! It is a shame! I think you not share that policy from TicketsForFun, so I know the group and all that they fight and I cant believe that you agree with it! I have photos from my computer:angry:! It is shameful what is happening in these concerts in Brazil! Come to blogs, Facebook and Twitter ... check! There are a legion of fans disappointed! Sorry my English, but I wrote quickly and do not correct my English text.

Oh yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I hate U2.com, I hate LiveNation and I'm extremely disappoited with U2. Why LiveNation??

Back
Top Bottom