Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phew!
I got a ticket!!!
It's a behind the stage one (at least, I think that's where the yellow sector is, it was for an AC/DC concert) and as it is a cheap one, probably somewhere up high. But I'm there!
Thank you, Muse, for the presale!
I tried for GA, but never succeeded for that one, and a 340 real one wasn't really to my liking either. But, after some credit card troubles, I finally got a message I ordered one (will call).

Yay!

Phew!
I got a ticket!!!
It's a behind the stage one (at least, I think that's where the yellow sector is, it was for an AC/DC concert) and as it is a cheap one, probably somewhere up high. But I'm there!
Thank you, Muse, for the presale!
I tried for GA, but never succeeded for that one, and a 340 real one wasn't really to my liking either. But, after some credit card troubles, I finally got a message I ordered one (will call).

Yay!

How did you get it without a Brazilian credit card? Some friends tried but were unable to complete the transaction.

The pre-sale was easy with the international link, it doesnt look like there will be one for the public sale.

Ticketek for Argentina wasn't bad at all in the presale, pretty easy to navigate and foreigner friendly (besides being in Spanish), but then I don't know how it behaves when it gets slammed. They even took AMEX, which is rare in South America, and which I wasn't expecting. Agree about Brazil's ticketing though.

I posted this on U2.com. Tell me what you think/how was your experience

Today is the third time I tried to buy tickets for the La Plata show in BsAs (Argentina), and it's also the third time I failed to do so.
Online puchasing is IMPOSSIBLE (and by that I mean I couldn't buy ANY ticket, no matter the price). Ticketek's system collapsed everytime there was a pre-sale. It's never happened to me before, not even with Paul McCartney's show -last month, also in Argentina- (in which case the demand was more or less the same).
I want my ticket!!!!!! What shall I do? Has any of you had the same problem?

I know it's not U2 or U2.com's fault, but maybe someone should check what's going on with this...

Edit:
but then I don't know how it behaves when it gets slammed.

^ Just as I described.

Setor Público Geral esgotado

Getting this message on the Brazil ticket site

Setor Público Geral esgotado

I take this as "Sold Out" ???

Well, I have just bought 4 tickets for "La Plata" show, but Ticketek was a complete disaster. 3 hours for 4 tickets is too much, also I have bought the 4 tickets in for different times, one by one in several transactions. It's impossible to buy 4 in a role.

However, I am really happy now... :D

How did you get it without a Brazilian credit card? Some friends tried but were unable to complete the transaction.

Yeah, I initially had issues with my credit card (MasterCard). Luckily, I also have an American Express and that one went OK.
:crack:

Well, I have just bought 4 tickets for "La Plata" show, but Ticketek was a complete disaster. 3 hours for 4 tickets is too much, also I have bought the 4 tickets in for different times, one by one in several transactions. It's impossible to buy 4 in a role.

That´s weird ´cos once I registered my transaction entailing 3 tickets was absolutely hassle free. Hope it remains the same next time.

General public sale has started today for both La Plata and Sao Paulo shows. Let´s see how long it takes for the shows to sold out. I guess Sao Paulo will sold out first. Back in 2006 for the Vertigo tour I recall that the first Buenos Aires show sold out in one or two days. I´m sure it will sold out faster this time.

That´s weird ´cos once I registered my transaction entailing 3 tickets was absolutely hassle free. Hope it remains the same next time.

General public sale has started today for both La Plata and Sao Paulo shows. Let´s see how long it takes for the shows to sold out. I guess Sao Paulo will sold out first. Back in 2006 for the Vertigo tour I recall that the first Buenos Aires show sold out in one or two days. I´m sure it will sold out faster this time.

It was perfect in the presale, but today is a mess. I have bought four tickets in the U2.com presale and was pretty fast, but in the general public sale (in the "wee hours") the site was quite slow and frustrating.

It was perfect in the presale, but today is a mess. I have bought four tickets in the U2.com presale and was pretty fast, but in the general public sale (in the "wee hours") the site was quite slow and frustrating.

Oh I see, I thought you were referring to the U2.com presale.
Giving Ticketek website performance in previous sales I guess I´m not suprised in the least with what is happening now. I tried to access a couple of hours ago to see how things were coming along and the site was down or something.
Take care man.

From veja.april.com.br via google translator :

No more tickets for the U2 concert in Brazil

90 000 tickets were offered for sale and sold out at 11 o'clock this Tuesday

No more tickets available for the rock band U2 in Brazil on April 9, 2011, at the Morumbi stadium in Sao Paulo. After a morning of instability and slow on its website, the Tickets For Fun closed the sale on the Internet at about 10 hours and opened offices in physical and telephone 4003-0806. An hour later, however, all 90,000 tickets on sale were sold out.

At the box office Credicard Hall, headquarters of Time For Fun, the company producing the show, hundreds of people waiting to buy when the closing was announced. Who tried to buy by phone, faced congested lines, slow service and dropped calls in the middle of the transaction. It is speculated that two other shows the band can be announced until later this week, probably on 10 and 13 April.

Chaos - After the bad experience of buying tickets for the concert of Madonna in 2008, also in Morumbi, the Tickets For Fun returned to irritate the public with problems in Internet sales. Hundreds of people complained throughout the night in the social networks of the difficulty of site access, without the capacity to meet demand. On the evening of Monday, two hours before the scheduled sale at midnight Tuesday, the site was already showing signs of instability.

Congratulations mate!!! :wave:

Vox

Brazil 2 Pre-sale Friday

The April 9th show at the Estadio Morumbi in Sao Paulo sold out in record time today and a second show for Brazil has just been announced.

This additional show will take place on Sunday April 10th and tickets will go on sale to the general public next Wednesday December 15th.

As usual, U2.com subscribers will get the chance to take part in an advance ticket presale for this show which will open this Friday, December 10th at 9am (local) and run until Sunday December 12th at 8pm (local).

All subscribers will be emailed ahead of time with details of the presale.

Interested in becoming a U2.com subscriber and entering the ticket presales ? Here's all you need - including news of 'U2:Duals'. This is a limited edition CD, not for sale at retail, featuring U2 collaborations with other artists.

The April 9th show at the Estadio Morumbi in Sao Paulo sold out in record time today and a second show for Brazil has just been announced.

This additional show will take place on Sunday April 10th and tickets will go on sale to the general public next Wednesday December 15th.

As usual, U2.com subscribers will get the chance to take part in an advance ticket presale for this show which will open this Friday, December 10th at 9am (local) and run until Sunday December 12th at 8pm (local).

All subscribers will be emailed ahead of time with details of the presale.

Interested in becoming a U2.com subscriber and entering the ticket presales ? Here's all you need - including news of 'U2:Duals'. This is a limited edition CD, not for sale at retail, featuring U2 collaborations with other artists.

I'll be there:loveshower::happydance::hyper::heart:

Same happened to me, in the end i went in person and after almost 7 hours of lining up I got my ticket... I am happy but exausted!!!! the tickets were sold out in less than an hour...Guess a second show in Argentina is a must now!! As they have already started with a second in Brazil I think that in a few days the announcement will come!!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

U2 should do a year-long residency in South America. Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and Rio. Play in each city for two months, then one month off. Let everyone around the world come to them.

I'd go to 90 shows

:drool:

Knowing Ticketek Argentina, I'd thought that getting a decent ticket was going to be an impossible feat and surprisingly enough I managed to get RZ after trying the site for "just" 10 minutes. It must be said however, that this was not general sale, but the Banco Frances presale last Saturday. However, somebody told me that other BF cardholders didn't have it so easy and had a hard time to get their tix and even some couldn't manage to get them at all. Maybe I was lucky or was destined to go this show since my original plan was to go to the 2nd date (sadly I can't afford the two dates) and had a go at the 1st just in case.

Same happened to me, in the end i went in person and after almost 7 hours of lining up I got my ticket... I am happy but exausted!!!! the tickets were sold out in less than an hour...Guess a second show in Argentina is a must now!! As they have already started with a second in Brazil I think that in a few days the announcement will come!!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

I´ve just checked Ticketek website and the show is not sold out. Kind of a let down considering the population of Buenos Aires. At this pace a third show in La Plata is unlikely.

The worst thing is that you still can buy 8 tickets, far from sold out...

All in all, now there's only 4 sectors to buy.

Well, that´s better. Earlier today there were still 6 sectors with tickets available. Anyhow, I really don´t know what to think. Back in 2006, the first show sold out in just a day or so. I thought tickets would sell in no time now. I mean, U2 is the most popular band in Argentina right?
Maybe the fact that the show is in La Plata is holding a lot of people back.
Too bad.

Well, that´s better. Earlier today there were still 6 sectors with tickets available. Anyhow, I really don´t know what to think. Back in 2006, the first show sold out in just a day or so. I thought tickets would sell in no time now. I mean, U2 is the most popular band in Argentina right?
Maybe the fact that the show is in La Plata is holding a lot of people back.
Too bad.

I feel that it is the exorbinant prices that the promoter is charging for the tickets. It is disgraceful that the majority of the seated tickets are at prices that are $100 more than comparable seats in North America and Europe. How can the typical Argentinian fan afford to go to the show at these prices. Disgraceful!

Yeah but high ticket prices really haven't hurt U2 too badly elsewhere (outside of Moscow and Turkey, which aren't in the same league as BA in terms of U2 fandom). Very strange that this show wouldn't be sold out yet. Definitely look for a 2nd show, but don't anybody hold out for a 3rd show... not gonna happen.

I wonder how quickly the first show in Santiago will sell out? Enough demand to warrant a 2nd show? They didn't think so in 1998 or 2006. We shall soon see.

I'll bet that the La Plata location is a bit of a deterrent.

That said, the presale page on u2.com (U2 > Tours > U2 360 TOUR) now shows the La Plata concert as "SOLD OUT". Even though you can still go to the website and get tickets in those same 4 sections that have been available all day.

I suspect that means a second show will be announced soon. (within the next 24 hours)

is Madonna more popular in Argentina? on the sticky and sweet tour she sold 263,693 tickets in Buenos Aires to 4 shows at river plate.

Back
Top Bottom