Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Argentina and Brazil last March and only had to pay the $140 reciprocity fee for Argentina and did need a Visa to enter Brazil (another $160 ($140 reciprocity fee + $20 handling fee and they only accept US Post Office Money Orders). Follow the instructions carefully!! I didn't have to pay anything at departure from Argentina or Brazil, I think it's collected via the plane ticket. (I'm referring here to US Citizens.)

The $140 is based on the amount that the US charges people for Visas.

Last edited:
Funny story- but a little off-topic...

I went to Australia for the Sydney shows in December. When I went to check in for my outbound flight at LAX, the Qantas rep told me that I couldn't travel to Aus without a Visa.:ohmy:

At first, I was afraid that I would be stuck and wouldn't be able to go to Aus. But the rep was nice enough to help me out. I don't know what he did. But I just stood at the kiosk for an eternity while he took my credit card and entered my personal information into a computer. He then told me that I would be all set for my trip.:applaud:

I had always thought that American citizens could travel anywhere.:doh::reject:

Funny story- but a little off-topic...

I went to Australia for the Sydney shows in December. When I went to check in for my outbound flight at LAX, the Qantas rep told me that I couldn't travel to Aus without a Visa.:ohmy:

At first, I was afraid that I would be stuck and wouldn't be able to go to Aus. But the rep was nice enough to help me out. I don't know what he did. But I just stood at the kiosk for an eternity while he took my credit card and entered my personal information into a computer. He then told me that I would be all set for my trip.:applaud:

I had always thought that American citizens could travel anywhere.:doh::reject:

A lot of it has just been put in place the past few years as "reciprocation" for the U.S. slapping new fees and visa requirements on other countries, can't blame 'em.

Okay, are we assuming that there won't be any more Brazilian dates now? Or is there still the chance of a super late addition?

Okay, are we assuming that there won't be any more Brazilian dates now? Or is there still the chance of a super late addition?

I thought I heard somewhere that the 4th Brazilian show wouldn't be announced until early March. I wonder why? Would something be happening in early March that would cause a sudden public interest in U2? A new single/album announcement? ???????

Probably not, just spreading out the demand, give people an extra month to save up more money before asking them to buy another set of tickets for another Sao Paulo show (seems unlikely/unnecessary to have it anywhere else in Brazil).

Hi guys!

I know some of you will be staying in Capital Federal instead of La Plata and will be commuting for the shows and that this was a bit of concern, specially for those who visit Argentina for the first time.

I was talking to a girl from the coach company we regularly use at work and she said that they have organised special private bus services for the gigs, which I think it's a great idea. These special bus services include the following:

-Private bus service from your hotel to the stadium: the bus picks you up at your hotel, takes you to the Estadio Unico de La Plata, waits for you outside and then takes you back the hotel.

-Free glass of champagne for the ride to the stadium

-Bilingual drivers

-Fare: US$ 50 (50 dollars)

I honestly think it's a good option, as you don't have to worry about getting to the bus station, checking the timetables and seat availability and above all safety (some areas on the way to La Plata are a bit dodge).

Anyway, if yous are interested let me know and I'll email you the contact details for the company or I can contact them directly with any queries you might have. Please feel free to pass this info along to whoever might be interested in it.

Are you guys all set for your trip? Let me know if I can be of help with anything you might need.

Can't wait to see you all in BA soon! :hyper:

Thanks for this info, Niamh!

A $50 bus ride seems a bit spendy, especially for someone going to all three shows from Buenos Aires.

How are the locals getting to and from Buenos Aires?

Hi guys!

I know some of you will be staying in Capital Federal instead of La Plata and will be commuting for the shows and that this was a bit of concern, specially for those who visit Argentina for the first time.

I was talking to a girl from the coach company we regularly use at work and she said that they have organised special private bus services for the gigs, which I think it's a great idea. These special bus services include the following:

-Private bus service from your hotel to the stadium: the bus picks you up at your hotel, takes you to the Estadio Unico de La Plata, waits for you outside and then takes you back the hotel.

-Free glass of champagne for the ride to the stadium

-Bilingual drivers

-Fare: US$ 50 (50 dollars)

I honestly think it's a good option, as you don't have to worry about getting to the bus station, checking the timetables and seat availability and above all safety (some areas on the way to La Plata are a bit dodge).

Anyway, if yous are interested let me know and I'll email you the contact details for the company or I can contact them directly with any queries you might have. Please feel free to pass this info along to whoever might be interested in it.

Are you guys all set for your trip? Let me know if I can be of help with anything you might need.

Can't wait to see you all in BA soon! :hyper:

A $50 bus ride seems a bit spendy, especially for someone going to all three shows from Buenos Aires.

Well, I don't think it's that expensive; ok, it's not very cheap but considering that the bus waits for you outside the stadium and picks/drops you at your hotel, the rate is not that bad. Im not sure how bus hiring works in other countries, but over here if you want to hire a van/bus to take you somewhere and wait for you, they are gonna charge the wait.

Many locals (including me) are staying in LP so they dont have to travel back and force between Capital and LP, but those who need to go back to Capital will most likely take the bus to and from Retiro Station. I do not recommend taking the train as it is a piece of crap and it's always delayed and takes forever to get to your destination. :D

I wouldnt be worried about going to the stadium, but it's the return bit of the journey that I dont really like as it will be night time and some areas are a bit dodge.

If you decide to take the bus to and from Retiro Station, you should get a bus ticket with Costera Metropolitana and Plaza.

Thanks again for the info. I am exploring all options at this point. I don't want to have to spend $150 on transportation to and from the stadium if there are more affordable options.

I would imagine that there will be a lot of people using public transportation to get from Buenos Aires to La Plata. There have got to be additional options available to the budget minded local or traveller.

I've never done will-call at a pick-up location that is NOT at the venue itself.

Does it matter which Ticketek store that I go to in the Federal Capital?

There are three of them.

I'm probably going to go to the one near Gran Rex on Corrientes Avenue. It's close to Retiro Station.

Thanks again for the info. I am exploring all options at this point. I don't want to have to spend $150 on transportation to and from the stadium if there are more affordable options.

I would imagine that there will be a lot of people using public transportation to get from Buenos Aires to La Plata. There have got to be additional options available to the budget minded local or traveller.

I've got the same thoughts, it is a bit spendy. I might take this option the first night and get the lay of the land and then use cheaper options the other nights (plus I do want to sightsee La Plata a little - probably before show 2, so would want to get there much earlier), I'm just not sure.

according to U2torrents (well, to a friend that says that saw this on U2torrents), Canal 13 Argentina will broadcast at least one show of the U2 360 Tour in La Plata :hyper:

I'm taking a van (which I've already booked well in advance) in the city centre straight to Estadio Unico and back. It's a special charter for the show. The cost is AR$100 (US$25). There are quite a few companies offering the service, however I don't know if they're already fully booked. Some of them were at the beginning of March.

Bag all packed, paperwork organized, transport to shows (pretty much) sorted - final hurdle is the pickup of the tickets on Friday, but otherwise I am all set and leave tonight (Thursday)! Same flight to Chile The Edge and family took over the weekend (although I am only transiting Santiago, and not going to that show). ;) I can't wait 'til I am reunited with the boys once again in Argentina! :D

Back
Top Bottom