Boston, March 11 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its terribly sad that this past week + of fun with this band is ending. From Letterman, to the cd, to the secret shows, to the concert announcement, WOW! How else could this whole time be topped?? I need to hang out with these guys to keep this streak going :lol:

Seriously though, is this is for them untill the tour? I wish they would do some more private shows like this or at least do some more appearances in the mean time.

Ok, so to start, I didnt have the luck to win tickets but I still had hope I could at
least meet the band. I woke up around 7 and put the news on. I heard them say that people
had already begun hanging around, then I saw it was pouring out I decided someone was telling
me something and I went back to bed for a little while. Havent had that much sleep in a while
and ended up sleeping untill around 11! I got up and logged on here and saw that someone said
there were only like 2 guys in chairs when they went by so I got ready fast, threw a bunch of
stuff in a bag and went out the door. I live about 35-40 minutes away from the theater but after
finding parking I was actually at the theater by about 2:00. I had to find a store that would
make change for the parking meter and that was not easy. Seemed like the stores knew why people
were around there and were not in helping mode. Once I got that squared away I asked a cop where
we I would be allowed to stand and to my suprise I was one of about 5 people in front of the studio.
After maybe 10 minutes of waiting a Boston police offer approached me and asked "Hey are you waiting
to try to see the band?" I said yes and figured he was going to ask me to leave but he actually said
"If you walk across the street and go around the back their going to come out and you might get to
meet them." I was so pumped only to find out that about 60-70 other people already knew this and were
already waiting there. I ended up being about the 2nd person deep, standing next to a WBZ-4 camera guy
who was extremely nice and offered up his spot in order for me to get an autograph in the case that
they did sign. I waited from about 2:45-4:15 before they finally got there. Heres the mototcade of
bikes leading them in:
u2-4-1.jpg

Bono got out first and shook every one of the police officers hands which was very nice of him. He
immediately walked over to the crowd and began signing while all the media people houded him with
questions. It got VERY difficult to get any autographs at that point because everyone rushed down
to where Bono was and as he moved close to me the crowd all pushed from side to side making me go
from 2 deep to 5 deep. Next The Edge came out and walked over to the crowd and began signing. I was
holding the cover of my "U2 by U2" book way up in the air but he seemed to only be signing stuff
right in front of him not grabbing anything about his chest. I got desperate and said the one thing
I hoped would get him to sign it for me. I said "Cool name: Edge. Not Cool name: Sting!" He looked
right at me, laughed and grabbed my cover!!!!! Here he is laughing and reaching up to sign it!
u2-1-1.jpg

I didnt have any clue whether or not the camera was even getting him as I held it over my head
and hoped, but somehow it took the perfect picture! Heres another one right before he got to me.
u2-2.jpg

The WBZ camera guy told me that the band was going to "The Burren" after their soundcheck.
I went there and had dinner and waited and waited but they obviously never came. All in all
even without tickets its such a blast just to know that someone you get so much enjoyment from,
someone who has given you hope, given you faith and given you overall satisfaction is so close to you.

I'm so happy Edge signed for you. It is hard to get autographs if your not in the front

Thanks very much for the link! I'm on the west coast, listening to the broadcast now.

At least I got to hear one of the three nights! :lol:

Thanks but I got them all except Boots which says it has been removed. (I did get your first version though...) It says it has been either removed or forwarded to mediafires developement dept.

I pulled down the 50mb one in place of a smaller Mp3. The new file should work at the link below:

Boots (Somerville)

Ok, so to start, I didnt have the luck to win tickets but I still had hope I could at
least meet the band. I woke up around 7 and put the news on. I heard them say that people
had already begun hanging around, then I saw it was pouring out I decided someone was telling
me something and I went back to bed for a little while. Havent had that much sleep in a while
and ended up sleeping untill around 11! I got up and logged on here and saw that someone said
there were only like 2 guys in chairs when they went by so I got ready fast, threw a bunch of
stuff in a bag and went out the door. I live about 35-40 minutes away from the theater but after
finding parking I was actually at the theater by about 2:00. I had to find a store that would
make change for the parking meter and that was not easy. Seemed like the stores knew why people
were around there and were not in helping mode. Once I got that squared away I asked a cop where
we I would be allowed to stand and to my suprise I was one of about 5 people in front of the studio.
After maybe 10 minutes of waiting a Boston police offer approached me and asked "Hey are you waiting
to try to see the band?" I said yes and figured he was going to ask me to leave but he actually said
"If you walk across the street and go around the back their going to come out and you might get to
meet them." I was so pumped only to find out that about 60-70 other people already knew this and were
already waiting there. I ended up being about the 2nd person deep, standing next to a WBZ-4 camera guy
who was extremely nice and offered up his spot in order for me to get an autograph in the case that
they did sign. I waited from about 2:45-4:15 before they finally got there. Heres the mototcade of
bikes leading them in:
u2-4-1.jpg

Bono got out first and shook every one of the police officers hands which was very nice of him. He
immediately walked over to the crowd and began signing while all the media people houded him with
questions. It got VERY difficult to get any autographs at that point because everyone rushed down
to where Bono was and as he moved close to me the crowd all pushed from side to side making me go
from 2 deep to 5 deep. Next The Edge came out and walked over to the crowd and began signing. I was
holding the cover of my "U2 by U2" book way up in the air but he seemed to only be signing stuff
right in front of him not grabbing anything about his chest. I got desperate and said the one thing
I hoped would get him to sign it for me. I said "Cool name: Edge. Not Cool name: Sting!" He looked
right at me, laughed and grabbed my cover!!!!! Here he is laughing and reaching up to sign it!
u2-1-1.jpg

I didnt have any clue whether or not the camera was even getting him as I held it over my head
and hoped, but somehow it took the perfect picture! Heres another one right before he got to me.
u2-2.jpg

The WBZ camera guy told me that the band was going to "The Burren" after their soundcheck.
I went there and had dinner and waited and waited but they obviously never came. All in all
even without tickets its such a blast just to know that someone you get so much enjoyment from,
someone who has given you hope, given you faith and given you overall satisfaction is so close to you.

Wow! Good for you!!! :hyper: :hi5:

And I totally agree with you on that last part. :up: :cute: :heart:

Yikes, Vertigo is brutally slow in the beginning. Sounds like Larry tries to get Bono to speed up a few seconds in!!

I pulled down the 50mb one in place of a smaller Mp3. The new file should work at the link below:

Boots (Somerville)

It doesn't work, says it's been removed :(

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

Is it working for anyone else? The original big file did work for me. Thanks again for these!!!

Is the band really in a Harvard Sq. bar??? BTW, Magnificent is now my favorite Edge guitar song.:applaud: The beginning to that song (although I could do without the "OOOHHH OOOOOOHHHHHHH MAGNIFICENT!!!!" part) is epic.

It doesn't work, says it's been removed :(

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

Is it working for anyone else? The original big file did work for me. Thanks again for these!!!

I'm still seeing the individual tracks??
Don't know why you see differently.:hmm:

Maybe it was a bit overloaded when you went too it.

Back
Top Bottom