Boston, March 11 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow....I can relax now........................it's over

This has been quite amazing what these guys have done for the last week!

How I ALMOST got in

I met GretzkyU2Yanks at the MoS where the radio contest winners were boarding the bus. I decided to mill about and make friends with the staff, which I was able to do with some success. When all the ticket winners were finally loaded onto the buses, there were still 6-8 tickets remaining. I askmed my new friends nicely if there was any chance I could have one of the tickets that was just going to go to waste.

"If you are not on the radio list, I can't give you a ticket," I was told pretty forcefully by the blond woman who was checking names. But... she wasn't the one with the tickets in her hands. I asked the ticket man if there was anything he could do. "Go to the venue. That's all I can say."

The problem - I'm at the MoS. The show starts in 25 minutes and they are all leaving on the buses. I ask if I can hitch a ride on the bus. Absolutely not. So I do all I can... I sprint to the Cambridgeside galleria, hop a cab to Kendall, and take the redline to Davis. Miraculously, the buses beat me by only 2-3 minutes.

I was able to find some of the staff in line and find out from them that ticket guy's name is Rob. Armed with this, I scour everyone for my new best friend. I find him and he appears to be stunned that I made it. He's busy dealing with whiney "VIP's" (no one I recognized - radio guys I assume) that were complaining about where their seats were. He finishes up and tells me, "I'll see what I can do. Stay right here." I asked him if I was wasting my time by staying and he just said again, "I'll see what I can do."

Unfortunately, he never came back out. Just one last, final, close call to add to all the other close calls that I had on the radio. I'm glad I gave it every bit of effort I could think of though!

GretzkyU2Yanks, hope you and your wife had a great time.

When the guys do something like this do they actually go home and just relax or are they right back out setting something new up? Will they actually go to Dublin if they do go to relax or do they each live in different countries? Anyways, Im adding some pictures to my photobucket album then ill post them here with my story from the day for those who might be interested.

When the guys do something like this do they actually go home and just relax or are they right back out setting something new up? Will they actually go to Dublin if they do go to relax or do they each live in different countries? Anyways, Im adding some pictures to my photobucket album then ill post them here with my story from the day for those who might be interested.

I heard somewhere they were going back to Fez to shoot another video. If they go back to Dublin first is beyond me

How I ALMOST got in

I met GretzkyU2Yanks at the MoS where the radio contest winners were boarding the bus. I decided to mill about and make friends with the staff, which I was able to do with some success. When all the ticket winners were finally loaded onto the buses, there were still 6-8 tickets remaining. I askmed my new friends nicely if there was any chance I could have one of the tickets that was just going to go to waste.

"If you are not on the radio list, I can't give you a ticket," I was told pretty forcefully by the blond woman who was checking names. But... she wasn't the one with the tickets in her hands. I asked the ticket man if there was anything he could do. "Go to the venue. That's all I can say."

The problem - I'm at the MoS. The show starts in 25 minutes and they are all leaving on the buses. I ask if I can hitch a ride on the bus. Absolutely not. So I do all I can... I sprint to the Cambridgeside galleria, hop a cab to Kendall, and take the redline to Davis. Miraculously, the buses beat me by only 2-3 minutes.

I was able to find some of the staff in line and find out from them that ticket guy's name is Rob. Armed with this, I scour everyone for my new best friend. I find him and he appears to be stunned that I made it. He's busy dealing with whiney "VIP's" (no one I recognized - radio guys I assume) that were complaining about where their seats were. He finishes up and tells me, "I'll see what I can do. Stay right here." I asked him if I was wasting my time by staying and he just said again, "I'll see what I can do."

Unfortunately, he never came back out. Just one last, final, close call to add to all the other close calls that I had on the radio. I'm glad I gave it every bit of effort I could think of though!

Awww, that sucks. Good effort though!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

How I ALMOST got in

You get an A for effort. Sorry it didn't work out.

I hope people don't stand outside and wait for them to come out like the people did in NYC when they were in that restaurant. We didn't even think about doing it that day. We walked down and walked back

I can only hope they pull an all nighter at this Harvard bar and I run into them while getting my morning coffee before work. That's not stalking, is it? :hmm:

Moderator (or anyone who knows), can I post a download link for Boots (Live from Somerville) here? If not, where should I?

It's over. :( :hug:

i hate my life. and my job. was there even a station in LA playing this stuff any of these three nights?

i thought a city this big should at least cover stuff like this. They even had U2 contests on KROQ and 98.7 and U2 release events, but as far as i can tell... nothing regarding radio coverage.

and why can't i find recordings of them online?
mah! i'm sad.

i hate my life. and my job. was there even a station in LA playing this stuff any of these three nights?

i thought a city this big should at least cover stuff like this. They even had U2 contests on KROQ and 98.7 and U2 release events, but as far as i can tell... nothing regarding radio coverage.

and why can't i find recordings of them online?
mah! i'm sad.

Don't fret! I think DontExpect is trying to get the songs and interviews right now. You'll be able to hear it in a few minutes. :D :hug:

anyone have any clue what radio station is carrying this in LA?
has it started yet?

I think KLOS is suppose to air it tonight sometime. I don't believe they were airing it live. The link for the station is: 95.5 KLOS Southern California's Classic Rock. For some reason I thought I heard it might air at midnight, but you may want to try & call them, or listen to them to see if they advertise airing it later :shrug:

and even though the date wasn't officially posted on U2.com, KLOS are giving away tickets this weekend to the October Rose Bowl show !

@U2 twitted that the question was asked: "Will the band play in Maine?" I don't believe this made the broadcast.

What was their answer???

Back
Top Bottom