Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the Davis Square Live Journal posted:

The latest dish is that U2 are at the Middle East TONIGHT. A friend of mine was looking to get a police detail for an event he's putting on, and he overheard cops at the Central Square station talk about the extra detail they'd need for U2 at the Middle East.

"source": davis_square: U2 is Playing the Somerville Theatre Next Week. . .

I call BS on tonight, but the downstairs holds a 575 person capacity concert space. :shrug:

I'm not.....so frustrating, since I (and most of the people on here) tried like maniacs to get tickets last week....

Oh well....Is it too soon to get in line for Gilette tix??

I plan on going for the $250 ticket. I'm too short for GA (you would think bono would cater to us short people :wink: ). I spent well over $250 going to 4 shows last tour, paying that for 1 show and being really close should be worth it. I'm retiring from the nosebleeds :lol:

I spent more and I'm a shorty too! Plus my eyesight aint what it used to be so I'm done with nosebleed seats.

I am thinking of heading into the Theater Wednesday night without a ticket to get in. Anybody else thinking of doing in the hopes they let people in to fill any extra seats?

I know it has happened before for small shows like this that Springsteen has done. I think U2 did it before the Vertigo tour when they had the rehearsal show in California for the contest winners then let the fans outside in for the show too.

I am thinking of heading into the Theater Wednesday night without a ticket to get in. Anybody else thinking of doing in the hopes they let people in to fill any extra seats?

I know it has happened before for small shows like this that Springsteen has done. I think U2 did it before the Vertigo tour when they had the rehearsal show in California for the contest winners then let the fans outside in for the show too.

I am thinking about doing the same. I already have it off from work, so I guess I might as well. Maybe we can bribe security. lol.

U2 had a rehearsal show at the LA Sports Arena right before the first show of the Vertigo Tour in San Diego. Only radio contest winners were supposed to be allowed in but there was a huge group of fans hanging outside the arena before the show. Someone from the U2 camp told them they would be allowed into the show and they had five minutes to put their cell phones in their cars and come back.

rehearsal...

the contest winners were bused in from a central location in LA and held on the buses until the band was ready to rehearse. once the contest winners were let in and seated (only a couple of hundred people), the band sent someone out to get ALL the fans outside and let them in too (the arena could hold about 12,000)..also, another thing they did is make sure that no "industry" people could get into the rehearsal (having the radio station not notify them until the day before that they were indeed NOT "on the list")... it was truly supposed to be for contest winners only..then they decide to let the people that found out the location and waited outside in too...another awesome way this band takes excellent care of their fans :)...and...they had already HAD the doors open for the fans that were there earlier in the day so they could hear...

Last edited:
Im starting to believe less and less that the Boston gig will be at the Summerville Theater. It just seems to obvious now with news stations there and reporting about it, while theres really no one denying the reports. Just seems to convienent. I read somewhere that the location will have approximately 450 seats and it still has not come out where it will be. Supposedly if the location is revealed early enough they will cancel it. Someone posted this on craigslist in reference to the people posting ticket wants to get into the show.

Where do you guys think the $200 seats would put you as opposed to the $55 GA ones? If GA can get you right in front of the stage, where would it be worth $200 to sit?

Assuming the entire field is GA, with a 360 stage, $250 seats would have to be in the lower section in the middle, like between section 106-113 and sections 128-135.

Who nows, could be all the lowers (that would be a Rolling Stones-esque move, but with Arthur Fogel involved, I wouldn't be surprised, in fact with Fogel involved, the Club/200 level will probably be $250 as well)

Wed concert/Q&A 1 hour??

Did anyone else get this email on Friday? Here's the end of it:

Wednesday, March 11th LIVE from Boston
Featuring a live performance and audience Q&A with U2

Hear all 3 one-hour broadcasts from
9-10pm exclusively on 102.7 EQX!

Did anyone else get this email on Friday? Here's the end of it:

Wednesday, March 11th LIVE from Boston
Featuring a live performance and audience Q&A with U2

Hear all 3 one-hour broadcasts from
9-10pm exclusively on 102.7 EQX!

I had heard it was only going to be broadcast for one hour -- though I have a feeling that those in attendance will get a longer show.

WBCN is also airing the shows

To celebrate the release of No Line On The Horizon, WBCN will bring you U2: Three Nights Live!

Monday night at 9, it’s an inside look at the new CD, live from Los Angeles.

Tuesday night at 9, the guys will be in Chicago for a live radio takeover.

Then on Wednesday night, first listen at 7:30 as WBCN features a special BCN U2 performance from 1981 recorded live at The Orpheum. At 9, they are here in Boston for a private performance and Q&A session with BCN contest winners and U2 fans from around the world.

I heard that Springsteen did a small gig at Somerville Theater last year. A friend who waited outside said that she was able to get scalped tickets at the door 5 minutes before the start - for about $100 per seat. No idea if that will be the case with U2 next week

its amazing how all mention of this is gone. radio stations are barely even promoting that the show will be broadcast on Wed night. there hasnt been a news article about it since the 4th.

Im going crazy not knowing how the ticketing/seat location is going to work. so many questions and possibilities...

Funny thing happened today. I was talking to my ~90 year old grandmother and mentioned I was going to a special concert Wednesday night. She said, "Oh, UT?" I laughed, partly because she said "UT" and partly because she knew about the show. Apparently, she read about it in the Globe.

:lol:

Have an awesome time kazanjig! Get some pics/videos if you can!

If I got to ask a question it would be "will you ever play Electrical Storm" I love that song, and its a shame it was delivered in between and never found a place.

I'm planning to hang around the Somerville Theater as well, you never know what happens when you show up to the venue and if the band has a track record of taking care of fans who show up without tickets than that is even more the reason to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom