Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good friend, and my sister-in-law got a timeshare for the whole week. Maybe it'll be an early wedding and I can skip out on the reception.

Good friends make it tough to skip their weddings. At least it's in Newport though and it should be beautiful that time of year.

The format of each of the 3 nights of this "3 nights live with U2" were all supposed to be different with the DJing night tomorrow. I'd put lots of stock in them playing live Wednesday night.

Am I reading these reports right... the band played ZERO songs at the LA event? And I wasted how much time calling radio stations last week?

Well, the LA show as always billed as just a radio call-in/discussion. I think the same with Chicago.

The Boston show however has always been billed as a concert and an audience Q&A. However, I don't expect more than a handful of songs to be played.

Am I reading these reports right... the band played ZERO songs at the LA event? And I wasted how much time calling radio stations last week?

Each of the 3 stops was for something different.
Monday-The stop in LA was for an inside look at No Line On The Horizon.

Tuesday- The stop in Chicago has U2 taking over the airwaves to play whatever they want on the radio.

Wednesday- The stop in Boston features a LIVE show with Audience Q&A to follow.

U2 3 Nights - Boston - tickets?

I hear tickets are only being doled out by radio stations to select people. I'd love to go, cause I just happened into Boston for a business trip, and this would make my life. Too bad I was not prepared to pay premium to get into this thing - I just found out about it last night.

Is anyone fortunate to have a ticket, but unable to use it? I don't really have much of a budget so I can't offer much in terms of payment.

(apologize if this is the wrong forum if I'm looking to connect with someone w/tix)

Ugh, I have a freakin' wedding in Newport on September 20. No Gillette for me. Second show, please, please, please, please...

I'm with you, kazanjig! I'm a MOH in my best friend's wedding on the 20th... come on 21st!

Makes me all the more incredibly grateful to be going tomorrow night. :heart:

Don't sweat the wedding. There's going to be a second show... maybe even a third. Just what do you think the band is going to do September 21 - September 23 before their show in NY on the 24th?

I'm late to this party. I just flew into Boston last night for work, only to find out the band is appearing in town on the last night I will be here! Naturally, I have to go now.

Now if I can only find tickets. :hmm: :sad:

This is my first time in Boston so I have no idea where anything is - but I guess I am going to be a Craigslist sleuth for the next 36 hours.

WZLX just had a caller on the line saying two 18-wheelers are unloading band equipment into the back entrance of the Somerville Theatre. And, tix for Watchmen are not available for tomorrow on the theatre's web site, and that's been playing in the big theatre.
Perhaps this is already a foregone conclusion, but it's still fun to investigate...

WZLX just had a caller on the line saying two 18-wheelers are unloading band equipment into the back entrance of the Somerville Theatre. And, tix for Watchmen are not available for tomorrow on the theatre's web site, and that's been playing in the big theatre.
Perhaps this is already a foregone conclusion, but it's still fun to investigate...

Thanks for the heads-up. :up:
I'm now debating going down to Davis Square for the day. :hmm:

hey u guys I live in Cambridge and i tried and tried to win tickets for the secret show on weds but failed and it is literally killing me - do u think there is any point in showing up at the Somerville theater on weds and trying to get it or is it a lost cause and maybe i should let it go - i need advice

If you live in Cambridge and have the time than it is definitely worth hanging around the Somerville Theater. On their last tour, I’ve read that when U2 did “secret” shows at large arenas they let those hanging outside in to the show. I’d suggest to pack lightly and not have anything on you that in the miracle’s chance they let you in they would restrict you from bringing in. And because the Somerville Theater is so small and might not have extra seats maybe they would even open the doors or pump some of the audio out. All of this is just an opinion and I have nothing to back it up but I think I’m going to hang around the theater tomorrow just to see what happens.

I just went to call the theater and they have a notice on their website asking people not to call about the U2 concert. Lol. I'll def be hanging out there tomorrow though.

I will be in Boston on a work trip!! Flying there now (in fact writing this from the airplane's wifi)

See you all in Davis Square - let's pray that those of us without tickets have some way to get in....unlikely but I have my fingers crossed.

I'm getting to the theatre around noon and not leaving. If anything I hope they'd let me in on stubborness. Anyone joining me?

Just got my call from BCN, same as Gretzky...6:30 at the MOS, bused to venue. No cameras/phones. Bused back to MOS. Parking provided.

Is it too late to try this? (just read on the theater site): did you know you can see some shows FREE by volunteering as an usher? Simply stop by the theater lobby and sign up for any available shows. Help seat patrons and see a great performance for free! Please do not call or email; you must sign up in person.:D

Last edited:
Just got my call from BCN, same as Gretzky...6:30 at the MOS, bused to venue. No cameras/phones. Bused back to MOS. Parking provided.

Not a Boston native - what's the MOS?

Would they bus someone hoping to just get in without a ticket?

Ugh, this suspense is killing me.

Not a Boston native - what's the MOS?

Would they bus someone hoping to just get in without a ticket?

Ugh, this suspense is killing me.

As noted above, the Museum of Science. And from what I read about last night's LA show, I think it's fruitless to show up at the MOS. That's where they will check the IDs of those who won and give them some sort of bracelet (last night was green). Your best chance is hanging out at the venue (presumably the Somerville Theater).

From Boston.com

Crews prepare for tomorrow's U2 show
Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Hayley Kaufman March 10, 2009 11:45 AM

The much-buzzed about U2 show will be happening tomorrow at the Somerville Theatre. How can we -- finally -- be so sure? Because roadies are loading the band's equipment into the hall right now, cops are posted around Davis Square, and Meacham Road, right behind the theater, is blocked off.

It has all been very last minute. Jeff Antonellis, who works for Capron Lighting and Sound, first heard about the show a week ago but said he only got a call confirming the Somerville Theatre location this morning at 8:30 a.m. "That shows you how under wraps they were trying to keep it," he said.

Production manager Jake Berry tells us that U2 will probably play four songs tomorrow and then take questions from the audience. MARK SHANAHAN

Right, but what about pissing off my wife and sister-in-law? There must be some sort of happy medium. At least there's time to sort it out.

What time is the wedding? If it's an afternoon wedding, maybe you could bail out of the reception around 5pm or so, and hit the road to Foxboro? Based on past history, U2 probably won't go on until after 8:30...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom