Boots Subscribers of the World Unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GOT EM!

I got 4 GA tickets for Dublin 1. Already have two friends from the states lined up to go with me. Hurray! :applaud:

:cocktail::bono:

NICE!!! Congrats and happy birthday!! Im happy to hear people are getting the tickets they want. Wish us southwest people luck!

Concerning multiple ticket purchase with single code I bought tickets for both nights in Dublin with the same code and seems it worked fine. got individual receits for both tickets, but I'm hearing some talk about the code only supposed to be working for one individual show. and some other people talking about buying tickets for one showing and waiting for general sale for the other night. But I did both at once, (I want to see U2 back to back) if anyone can clear up what's really going on, that would be good.

Amaaaaaaazzzzzzzing!!! Boots pre sale at 3pm local and it took 90 seconds to get 4 top seats for Cardiff. Must be 10 meters from the Red Zone. Got to give it to u2.com and ticketmaster. Great job guys!!!

With regards to be the above quote. Madness dude!!!! Read the rules. Why risk losing ALL YOUR TICKETS. They will for sure cancel them. Then you are stuck with just the DVD at a later date. Anybody else thinking about bending the rules. My advise is think about what you are putting at risk!!

Got my 4 GA's for Glasgow. Was going to go for Dublin but too expensive for flights, hotels etc. Spent a fortune going to the Radio1 live lounge and that was an unexpected bonus :hyper:

Just get a taxi from the house to Hampden :D

Got my 4 GA's for Glasgow. Was going to go for Dublin but too expensive for flights, hotels etc. Spent a fortune going to the Radio1 live lounge and that was an unexpected bonus :hyper:

won't be long before ryanair cotton on! there small print always says 'excluding special events'

Love The feedback here, thank you all

I got my debit card statement this afternoon and both of my tickets where charged for so the transaction seems to have taken place.

I may have got tickets to Dublin 1 and 2, but if it makes a difference I only got 1 ticket for each show. I'm going alone.

I hope they don't try to take them back, getting mixed feelings about it now with what I'm hearing. I'm not Reselling, and I've never been to U2. I just wanted to see them both nights.

Thanks for the Hostel information too.

^ hopefully not. I hope you meet some cool people there and enjoy your first shows there! many only wish of making the pilgrimage there

READING THE RULES AGAIN

The rules state I can only buy tickets for one show, but it dosn't clarify if one show is one night or one city.

EXAMPLE

I bought 2 tickets for seperate nights for the SAME Dublin show.
I did not buy tickets for, say, Amsterdam and Dublin.

Maybe I didn't break a rule

concerning hostel

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Has anyone stayed here. want to know if it's ideal for a 22 yr old like me looking for fun. Want to know how small the rooms are and how loud the bar really is when people are trying to sleep.

Do you know whether there is usually any seats kept aside for GA people to use?

I was at Hampden last time but can't remember, plus the layout is different this time.

Taking the wife, but she's probably not going to be able to stand during a full show so be good if we could watch some from a good standing spot then retreat to some seats for part.

concerning hostel

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Has anyone stayed here. want to know if it's ideal for a 22 yr old like me looking for fun. Want to know how small the rooms are and how loud the bar really is when people are trying to sleep.

The whole building is basically a L shape. The long portion is the part the faces the main street of the Temple Bar district. The first floor is a pub that plays varied types of music, the second floor always has a live band playing traditional Irish music and the third floor is a restaurant. The smaller part of the "L" is the area that has the apartments and hostel rooms. There is a bit of a buffer area if I remember, sorry last time I was there I was a bit :drunk: , but there is a courtyard of sorts and that kinda separates things. As far as rooms, they are hostel rooms...so you are pretty much going to have a bed and an ensuite bathroom, unless you choose to have just the room with the shared bathroom down the hall. I have done both at other hostels and had no qualms about either. Honestly, how much time are you going to spend in there anyways--it's just a place to sleep! I don't think noise is anything to worry about, I could never hear music from the first floor when I was on the second and vice versa. The building is in a good place in the Temple Bar district....the actual Temple Bar is within stumbling distance as well as places to eat and other pubs--so you'll be in the heart of it all. Grafton Street and Trinity College is a short walk away as well. I'm likely planning on staying there myself this time around :up:

Do you know whether there is usually any seats kept aside for GA people to use?

I was at Hampden last time but can't remember, plus the layout is different this time.

Taking the wife, but she's probably not going to be able to stand during a full show so be good if we could watch some from a good standing spot then retreat to some seats for part.

Don't think so mate, you never know what it's going to be like with regard to how the layout is going to be. The last time there were free seats but they were behind the stage!!

But i'm sure you could move back and sit on the deck!!

Starsgoblue

what day will you be in Dublin? I'm going to keep an eye open for you in St. Johns.

I might stay in St. Johns, but I'm looking at The Globetrotters hostel as well. I hear the breakfast is best and the place is 10 bucks cheaper a night and overall it looks nicer. I'll be at the bars late into the nights, but when I feel like sleeping I don't want to hear a loud ruckus or see bright lights, and St. Johns seems to have a lot of complaints towards that. and the whole key situation to the dorms is ridiculous. 1 key per 10 guests? And as well I heard Breakfast sucks. But the noise thing is my primary concern, I'm extremely confused. Half the guests say it's quiet and the other half say it's too loud to sleep. I'm not sure what to think.

NEW QUESTION
When preparring for this concert being a GA ticket holder what do I have to do to ensure I get the FIRST ROW. camp out overnight in line?

i think you should be able to great seats this time around with the presale, but i'm worried about the NY show :reject:

Ready for the Boots Wembley 2 presale? I decided against Barcelona so I'm going for this one. Already got 2 GAs for Cardiff.

I'm debating getting my girlfriend a U2.com account for the Wembley pre-sale after we missed out on Wembley 1... do we think general sale will be easier this time or what?

Don't think so mate, you never know what it's going to be like with regard to how the layout is going to be. The last time there were free seats but they were behind the stage!!

But i'm sure you could move back and sit on the deck!!

with the stage along the side of the pitch last time it meant that there were seats at the "goal" ends of the stadium from what I could see (stayed near one of the b-stage's through the whole gig inside).

Even if that was the case this time it would be a help, else we might have to give up the tickets and not go.

Think I will have to try and contact Hampden Park to query and explain the situation in full (prefer not to say on here).

i think you should be able to great seats this time around with the presale, but i'm worried about the NY show :reject:

How did the London 'boots' folks do....did they get good seats?? I'm debating waiting for NY show 2 to use my pre-sale.

Anyone notice that we have to wait until 6 p.m. on Day 2 of the pre-sale as opposed to 3 p.m. for the Boots members during the European pre-sales?

What is up with the extra 3 hours given to Breathe members? My guess is there are more Breathe members and they are, in a way screwing us by giving the second group more time.

Any thoughts? Am I off base?

Anyone notice that we have to wait until 6 p.m. on Day 2 of the pre-sale as opposed to 3 p.m. for the Boots members during the European pre-sales?

What is up with the extra 3 hours given to Breathe members? My guess is there are more Breathe members and they are, in a way screwing us by giving the second group more time.

Any thoughts? Am I off base?

But the Breathe group isn't growing daily like the Boots group is.

But the Breathe group isn't growing daily like the Boots group is.

It is not growing, but I'm guessing the Breathe group is already larger than the Breathe group in Europe. Thus, they are giving them more time to gobble up tickets before we get a crack. Our group is not growing as of today as anyone who joins from this point on doesnt get a chance til Thursday.

Not sure how I'm feeling about getting Ga's now.

Do you think it's too late to sign up to get in on the Boots presale? I am getting worried now about the general on-sale day...

:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom