Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: That was an amusing post. You made my day bro, thanks.

And Gabe, as usual I can agree with what you're saying. I just can't stand it when people are going around spouting the same ridiculous shite everywhere. :shrug:

I'm afraid that I have to agree to a certain extent with badu2fan, maybe not on some of his points but if even just on principle, seeing as how it's a small amount of $ on a personal scale..much larger if you do the math across ticket sales however. Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc are insured up to the hilt for every eventuality. And even if they aren't, that's not our problem. They gouge us mercilessly on other shows and events and them eating the service fees on the small percentage of refunds they will have to issue is not only more than possible for them, it's not even going to come near to putting a dent in their profits. Turn it around the other way: do they allow us to cancel and get our money back if something happens in our lives that prevents us from honoring our end of the ticket buying contract (and yeah, I'm fully aware that we buy knowing our contract states we can't cancel lol)

So while I don't think this is nearly approaching an issue important enough to run around singing classic songs of true struggle and protest, at some point the "little guy" does need to stand up to gouging. Using doctors and banquet halls is not the greatest example because those entities don't make a killing off the numbers and cancellation fees (notably, fees levied when you cancel, not them, they could never get away with that) in those cases aren't part of their profit model. Large corporate entities that use a few $ here and there as part of their bottom line count on the numbers working in their favor. A better example would be credit card companies and banks. If noone had ever stood up to them, banks would still be charging service fees for every transaction imaginable and credit card interest would be through the roof...and I mean even worse than they already are. So I can't see much wrong with someone trying to mobilize support for legitimate protest amongst similarly affected people (ie, on a forum where many buy tickets)...even if his thoughts are a little over the top...for instance, I'd say the accusation that U2 is taking "a mil each" from the service fees is pretty baseless and not true at all. :shrug:

Great words. I just get mad when folks say suck it up and take it when the $$ machines figure hell why not suck $5 a ticket from them they dont care.

Your credit card analogy is good. Maybe hearing from someone else will allow the folks here to realize you are getting ripped. But if you don't mind paying $50 for a ticket membership fee and then another $5 for postponing then feel free to give it to em.

Just wait till u2com says you got to reup member fee to get tickets to next years tour... Still cant believe folks fell for that one...... Only band I know who dont allow you a full year on membership to buy tickets to tours.

But as I said If you call credit card company they will get all your money back. LN TM are just trying to see who will take their BS. As stated above they have insurance that pays them for any cancellations or postponements.

Only band I know who dont allow you a full year on membership to buy tickets to tours.

Don't take this the wrong way but from someone who knows :lol: :

The problem with having a good point ie on principles and then using statements like this is that you invalidate said otherwise good point. What you said there just isn't really accurate.

What I want to know is how the presale codes will work or will not work with tickets that were purchased during the presale and you end up refunding them. I would like to ask for a refund for the 2 GA tickets I purchased for Miami but I am wondering if I should hold off on the refund and wait until the tour announcement and then do a possible a swap. :shrug:

I was thinking about holding on to my tickets. If the rescheduled concerts are on dates I can't attend then I was hoping to trade them off. GA should be pretty easy to trade. Hopefully the dates will remain similar and it'll all be good!

Yay! :)

Maybe this is just worded strangely, but this is an odd quote:

"So what we're doing now is trying to seek availability of the buildings that we had already pretty much sold-out, so we're getting availabilities and routing a coherent tour for next summer in the US and Canada. We've nearly done it so I hope we'll be able to announce that shortly."

It makes it sound like they're rescheduling only the dates that they "had already pretty much sold-out." But that can't be right. Wasn't everything "pretty much sold-out" to begin with?

I'm glad to see the word Summer,and not spring,anymore

Chicago was far from being sold out,but since it's a big U2 market,i doubt they'll scrap that date.

Ha, I didn't even notice the "summer" part. Yes, please!

I was worried about Seattle, as I don't think it had sold out, but I don't think they should even think about cancelling any west coast shows, since there were only two last fall (and only one in the States).

Mcguinness said ,when the tour was postponed last May, that they sold 1 millions tickets for the 16 dates.If that's the case, then there's no worries of having concerts being cancelled.

Still interersting to see if they will or not ad a couple of cities,though.In Mcguinness quotes,nothing suggest that they will...or that they won't either.Will see....

.......And btw, judging by this news,everything seems just fine in the U2 land.So we can put to rest the possibility of Adam being regard as a black sheep in the group with his suppose lawsuit againts the band financial guru

"So what we're doing now is trying to seek availability of the buildings that we had already pretty much sold-out, so we're getting availabilities and routing a coherent tour for next summer in the US and Canada. We've nearly done it so I hope we'll be able to announce that shortly."

It makes it sound like they're rescheduling only the dates that they "had already pretty much sold-out." But that can't be right. Wasn't everything "pretty much sold-out" to begin with?

I took this to mean that they are currently only focusing on the previously postponed shows and rescheduling them. A few months down the road, however, they may decide to add more shows and cities.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when they announce the new dates, don't expect to see any additions. I think they just wanna give people new dates for the shows they already have tickets for. Then, if there is a new album, they may announce new shows in a few months.

If it is the summer then hopefully the weather in the North East won't be like anything it is today. Sunny, high of 95 and humidity at 90%.

Nah, you're just misreading that. He's just saying that they've already sold out most of the tickets, they just have to figure out when they can put on the shows.

Their problem with rescheduling is that they're going to be able to get some available dates, but they won't necessarily be in the same order that they were this year. They're going to have to try to work the schedule so that they don't wind up with a tour that goes from New York to LA to Philly and then back to Oakland or Seattle.

Please let East Rutherford 3 still be the final NA date.:pray:

I paid some jackass on eBay $150 USD for a GA for that show.

"So what we're doing now is trying to seek availability of the buildings that we had already pretty much sold-out,

Wow first time I have seen them not refer to all shows sold out theme..... Was up with Dat????

Paul stay on task dude.....

Also dont expect the tour to go same order or cities as last year. Lansing could be history.... A LA Raleigh PopMart....

Too bad an album isn't ready to drop as that would help demand.

Bono dont over do it please.

Back
Top Bottom