Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope Live Nation are smart enough not to put the shows On June 24th and 25th .I still remember the Paul Mccartney concerts in Québec city for the 400th anniversary celebration 2 years ago and the stupid political drama that it provoked.

But still,it would so cool to have U2 on St-Jean-Baptiste holiday.

Um so what's the general consensus, guys? Are people trying to get refunds? I actually hadn't considered doing that, I mean, the money's already gone, and I don't want to try and go thru the stress of getting 2011 tix.

Come to think of it, attending the shows costs loot too...so I'm actually saving $ this summer! Makes selling one's tickets even less appealing..now mind you I'm not flying to see them...that would indeed suck.

Unless you know 100% that your time is taken up next spring/summer then I don't see the point of getting a refund right now.

Maybe they can stretch it to add more shows, mid April thru mid June. Dates don't all have to be in order either, btw. PopMart has Denver and Edmonton shows at an early time of the year.

SMB

I just hope the rescheduled shows fall on weekends again- just like this year was supposed to be.:pray:

I know it's a long shot, but it'll be easier for me to take Fridays and Mondays off.

Just a heads up- If any of the rescheduled shows fall on weekdays, then I'll have to my GA's to those shows to you guys.:sigh:

Seeing as how my company is, I need to use my vacation/sick days sparingly.

Didn't the North America tour start in spring this year? I mean it was the end of spring but still spring. If they keep the dates similar to what they were everything should work out.

I don't understand wanting to get refunds before the new dates are even announced, unless someone knows that they will not have extra money to fly somewhere next year because of vacation, surgery, or whatever tying up all their U2 funds.

The gal I sold my Minneapolis GA to emailed me last night to say "let me know if you hear anything about refunds." :(

I asked if she was going to try and still go next year, but that refunds will probably only be offered to the original ticket holder, as they'd charge back the credit card.

I'm a little worried she'll come back and want me to buy the ticket back and make me do a refund, or sell it. I really don't want to do that, but would also hate to be the person with the "it's your ticket now :shrug: " response.

Any tips for how to gently pass on that message, if it comes to that?

Were you the original buyer from TM? I also sold 2 tickets on ebay and have been in contact with my buyer, she's going to wait to hear rescheduled dates, but even if she had wanted a refund now would that have been a problem? Couldn't we just get the refund from TM and pass it on to our buyers and return the tickets to TM? I actually still have 1 more I hadn't sold yet and was getting worried I wouldn't be able to sell, but now I can actually just be refunded for that one either way right? Unless I'm missing something here.

Funny just today I received a phone call from ebay, to let me know that I had sold a tickets to a U2 show that had been canceled. They are personally calling every single buyer and seller of U2 tickets to tell them to remain calm ( :lol: ), and not to leave bad feedback for each other, and they are going to personally try to resolve all problems that may arise from the U2 show postponements. She was actually really amazed to hear that I already knew all about it and was already taking care of things with my buyer and was one step ahead of everything she was going to try to explain. I thought it was funny!

:down:Refunds should be full amount paid including Service fees, as the new time frame might not allow you to go do to work travel etc...... They have our freaking money I am sure it is invested making money so they can afford to pay us fans back in full.... What about lost airfare etc......If you ask for refund demand all $$ back or say you will file claim with your credit card company.
If they got $150 million at 3% would be 4,500,000 in interest they got whilst we lose money.... Thats a million each and 500,000 for Paul..

Or Live Nation gets all that for printing tickets plus what they already made on fees...... 10-20% of ticket price. Stop taking our money we didn't cause the tour to end. Or buy ticket insurance for $15 is what LN will tell u.....
Stand up for your Rights..

If you think you want to go hold on to tickets but dont be surprised to see better seats available etc due to folks bailing......
:doh:

Last edited:
:down:Refunds should be full amount paid including Service fees, as the new time frame might not allow you to go do to work travel etc...... They have our freaking money I am sure it is invested making money so they can afford to pay us fans back in full.... What about lost airfare etc......If you ask for refund demand all $$ back or say you will file claim with your credit card company.
If they got $150 million at 3% would be 4,500,000 in interest they got whilst we lose money.... Thats a million each and 500,000 for Paul..

When are you going to make a post that makes sense or has it's facts straight? That seems to be a hard concept for you. Airfare, service fees, etc have absolutely nothing to do with U2 or Paul.

If you want to challenge capitalism, then by all means go and waste your time, but at least try and understand things. :doh:

I don't understand wanting to get refunds before the new dates are even announced, unless someone knows that they will not have extra money to fly somewhere next year because of vacation, surgery, or whatever tying up all their U2 funds.

The gal I sold my Minneapolis GA to emailed me last night to say "let me know if you hear anything about refunds." :(

I asked if she was going to try and still go next year, but that refunds will probably only be offered to the original ticket holder, as they'd charge back the credit card.

I'm a little worried she'll come back and want me to buy the ticket back and make me do a refund, or sell it. I really don't want to do that, but would also hate to be the person with the "it's your ticket now :shrug: " response.

Any tips for how to gently pass on that message, if it comes to that?

Unless you know 100% that your time is taken up next spring/summer then I don't see the point of getting a refund right now.

I'm sitting on 16 tickets to the Minneapolis show alone (mostly GA). I may try to return a few of those after I ask the people that were interested in tickets if they still may want to go.

I don't think it's unfair to ask someone to pay me now for a ticket that won't be used until next year seeing that I was being nice in getting the tickets in the first place. Ultimately, it's my fault for doing that, but I'm not going to extend credit any longer than I already have.

:shrug: We'll see.

I'm sitting on 16 tickets to the Minneapolis show alone (mostly GA). I may try to return a few of those after I ask the people that were interested in tickets if they still may want to go.

I don't think it's unfair to ask someone to pay me now for a ticket that won't be used until next year seeing that I was being nice in getting the tickets in the first place. Ultimately, it's my fault for doing that, but I'm not going to extend credit any longer than I already have.

WOW..16 tickets...that's quite a lot of money...I hope they will pay you now...

All of the feedback on ticket refunds has been very helpful - thanks all. However, a new thought just occured to me - what about the SLC show? That was not Ticketmaster, but Smith's. I was going to post in SLC thread, but it's closed. Any thoughts on those tickets - just hold on to those as well? Any one refunded theirs?

Were you the original buyer from TM? I also sold 2 tickets on ebay and have been in contact with my buyer, she's going to wait to hear rescheduled dates, but even if she had wanted a refund now would that have been a problem? Couldn't we just get the refund from TM and pass it on to our buyers and return the tickets to TM?

I'm glad you posted that, because getting the ticket back and sending her the $$ after getting I got refund hadn't occurred to me.

I was thinking I'd pay her back, get the ticket back, and then figure out if I would get the refund or try to sell it again later for the rescheduled date.

:der:

All of the feedback on ticket refunds has been very helpful - thanks all. However, a new thought just occured to me - what about the SLC show? That was not Ticketmaster, but Smith's. I was going to post in SLC thread, but it's closed. Any thoughts on those tickets - just hold on to those as well? Any one refunded theirs?

You can ask for your refund from them, pretty the same as TM process.

U2 360 Tour Postponement Information - Smith's Tix

U2 360 Tour Postponement Information

Tour promoters Live Nation have confirmed that the 16 U2 360° shows from Salt Lake City on June 3rd, through to New Jersey's Meadowlands Stadium on July 19th, will be rescheduled for 2011.

U2 fans in North America are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as they will be valid for the rescheduled tour dates. New date information will be provided in the very near future.

Refund Information:
1) All refunds must be returned to the original point-of-purchase.
2) Tickets purchased at a Smith's Tix Outlet must be returned to the original outlet location.
3) Tickets purchased by phone or online at Smithstix.com must be mailed back to:
U2 Ticket Returns
c/o DataTix
445 W. Bearcat Dr.
SLC, UT 84115

4) The $5 per order handling fee is non-refundable. All other fees will be refunded.
5) The refund must be returned to the original credit card used on the transaction.
6) If you purchased your tickets through a 3rd party (i.e. ticket broker) you must go back to the 3rd party to receive your refund - NOT Smith's Tix.

Last edited:
for those of you worried about weather in April, most likely they will be playing Mexico in early or mid April and start the U.S. in late April and run through early June. They can always try and schedule the shows like in Edmonton, Denver, Toronto, or Montreal towards the later end of the leg. i'm hoping they had a few extra cities/shows in there as well. might help out others if some of the dates do not work out for them.

16 tickets!! YIKES!!!
You are a good friend to 15 people to collect that many tickets!

I'm glad you posted that, because getting the ticket back and sending her the $$ after getting I got refund hadn't occurred to me.

I was thinking I'd pay her back, get the ticket back, and then figure out if I would get the refund or try to sell it again later for the rescheduled date.

:der:

No problem :) I really just thought I was missing something here! But I think if TM is already issuing refunds, we should be okay if our buyers want their money back, and unlike before the postponements we can just return them without having to resell. The buyer is just going to have to trust us though while we return the tickets until we get the money back, because I think I want the tickets back in my hand before I ask for a refund. I've never returned tickets to TM before. Can someone tell us how that works? Do they have you mail them back, and then issue the refund to your credit card?

No problem :) I really just thought I was missing something here! But I think if TM is already issuing refunds, we should be okay if our buyers want their money back, and unlike before the postponements we can just return them without having to resell. The buyer is just going to have to trust us though while we return the tickets until we get the money back, because I think I want the tickets back in my hand before I ask for a refund. I've never returned tickets to TM before. Can someone tell us how that works? Do they have you mail them back, and then issue the refund to your credit card?

They should be able to take care of it over the phone. I had tickets to another show a month ago that got postponed. I just called them up and they voided them. It showed up in my TM account instantly.

They should be able to take care of it over the phone. I had tickets to another show a month ago that got postponed. I just called them up and they voided them. It showed up in my TM account instantly.

Ah okay thanks. I hadn't even thought about that, but of course that makes sense!

You can ask for your refund from them, pretty the same as TM process.

U2 360 Tour Postponement Information - Smith's Tix

That they want to keep $5 from each return is BS<> Call your credit card company they will help you get all your money back. Capitalism works both ways dude.

I Call credit card company and they will make sure you get all your money back. Thank Heavens someone is looking after the little guy.

Stand Up FOr Your Rights...

Dude could loose 15 X 5 bucks for being a friend.

I know the band doesnt want him to be out $75:up:

You need to learn how to read first, and bitch later. It clearly says $5 for each booking. Most people buy the max amount of tickets if they want a lot, so in this case Kramwest probably bought them per 4. So he will only lose 20$ instead of your 75.
And the band has NOTHING to do with this. Can you stop making your incredibly tiring accusations on the band and ticketmaster's adresses, we get it, you hate capitalism. Go move to China in that case. Have fun there. :|

As much as Ticketmaster, LiveNation, etc might be a thorn in our sides, and greedy corporations at times, you cannot deny that they have to deal with expenses if their is a postponement or cancellation. If it's the manpower dealing with replanning, printing, postage, etc... There ARE expenses, this is just common sense, and everyone from Doctors to banquet halls, to the small business around the corner usually has penalties, services charges, shipping, or some other fees that they can't refund in full, otherwise they would be losing out.

Plus you really need to learn the difference between a cancellation and a postponement badfan...

What I want to know is how the presale codes will work or will not work with tickets that were purchased during the presale and you end up refunding them. I would like to ask for a refund for the 2 GA tickets I purchased for Miami but I am wondering if I should hold off on the refund and wait until the tour announcement and then do a possible a swap. :shrug:

I'm hoping to go to the Chicago show next year. Maybe Ticketmaster will have a drop of GA's because some people are returning their tickets.

You need to learn how to read first, and bitch later. It clearly says $5 for each booking. Most people buy the max amount of tickets if they want a lot, so in this case Kramwest probably bought them per 4. So he will only lose 20$ instead of your 75.
And the band has NOTHING to do with this. Can you stop making your incredibly tiring accusations on the band and ticketmaster's adresses, we get it, you hate capitalism. Go move to China in that case. Have fun there. :|
Hey I assume you love BP and think it is okay for them to charge 5 bucks a car to help clean up the mess in the gulf. You love Ticketmaster and u2. I stand up for my Rights as Bob Marley says. Has nothing to do with capitalism unless you love Goldman Sachs for making life so good in USA>... It is treat your customer like you would want to be treated....... Not take the money and run.....

Postponment is something that is reschedule soon and is convenient to my schedule not a year later when I really don't know where I will be. Also the interest they make on our money whilst we wait will pay to keep the band fat and happy..... Or Ticketbastard LN $$ they dont deserve. They have insurance that covers any of the losses. So why should we loose 5 bucks a ticket

So before lecturing on how you love TM LN U2 and want to give up your Money for Nothing read about corporations Stealing from the common Man... yea thats Capitalism with a Capital C:doh:

Hey I assume you love BP and think it is okay for them to charge 5 bucks a car to help clean up the mess in the gulf. You love Ticketmaster and u2. I stand up for my Rights as Bob Marley says. Has nothing to do with capitalism unless you love Goldman Sachs for making life so good in USA>... It is treat your customer like you would want to be treated....... Not take the money and run.....

Postponment is something that is reschedule soon and is convenient to my schedule not a year later when I really don't know where I will be. Also the interest they make on our money whilst we wait will pay to keep the band fat and happy..... Or Ticketbastard LN $$ they dont deserve. They have insurance that covers any of the losses. So why should we loose 5 bucks a ticket

So before lecturing on how you love TM LN U2 and want to give up your Money for Nothing read about corporations Stealing from the common Man... yea thats Capitalism with a Capital C:doh:

Really, just let it go already. Do whatever you want to do and let everyone else do as they please also. You've stated the same thing over and over again. I think you've made your position clear, no use in posting the same thing everyday. I'm surprised that given your daily rant on the same topic you actually think the credit card companies are "standing up for the little guy". Kind of an ironic if you ask me.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that I have to agree to a certain extent with badu2fan, maybe not on some of his points but if even just on principle, seeing as how it's a small amount of $ on a personal scale..much larger if you do the math across ticket sales however. Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc are insured up to the hilt for every eventuality. And even if they aren't, that's not our problem. They gouge us mercilessly on other shows and events and them eating the service fees on the small percentage of refunds they will have to issue is not only more than possible for them, it's not even going to come near to putting a dent in their profits. Turn it around the other way: do they allow us to cancel and get our money back if something happens in our lives that prevents us from honoring our end of the ticket buying contract (and yeah, I'm fully aware that we buy knowing our contract states we can't cancel lol)

So while I don't think this is nearly approaching an issue important enough to run around singing classic songs of true struggle and protest, at some point the "little guy" does need to stand up to gouging. Using doctors and banquet halls is not the greatest example because those entities don't make a killing off the numbers and cancellation fees (notably, fees levied when you cancel, not them, they could never get away with that) in those cases aren't part of their profit model. Large corporate entities that use a few $ here and there as part of their bottom line count on the numbers working in their favor. A better example would be credit card companies and banks. If noone had ever stood up to them, banks would still be charging service fees for every transaction imaginable and credit card interest would be through the roof...and I mean even worse than they already are. So I can't see much wrong with someone trying to mobilize support for legitimate protest amongst similarly affected people (ie, on a forum where many buy tickets)...even if his thoughts are a little over the top...for instance, I'd say the accusation that U2 is taking "a mil each" from the service fees is pretty baseless and not true at all. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom