Bono's little hissyfit during One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iota

War Child
Anybosy else scratching their heads over this? They've played One a million times. Bono could have faked it...he could have scatted for a few bars and joined back in like he always does when he screws up. Why call out Edge and Adam like that? Edge and Adam very rarely screw up but Bono is constantly phoning it in - forgetting lyrics and "scatting" all the time. They actually put the lyrics up on the screen during a few songs and Bono still messes them up. So now he gets all "concerned" about the integrity of a song and says crap like "listen to me Edge" and "You might want to join us Adam"...so what's going on? Are the wheels starting to fall off?

I remember an old story in the early days of U2 where Edge clocked Bono offstage. I can understand why! I hope Bono doesn't make a habit of this, or Edge should stop playing while Bono "scats" and demand he start over everytime he screws up the lyrics.

Did we need another thread about this storm in a teacup?

Anybosy else scratching their heads over this? ... Why call out Edge and Adam like that? ... They actually put the lyrics up on the screen during a few songs and Bono still messes them up. So now he gets all "concerned" about the integrity of a song and says crap like "listen to me Edge" and "You might want to join us Adam"...so what's going on? Are the wheels starting to fall off?
The wheels are definitely falling off.

I spoke to Kieran McConville, who lucked into a gig as a roadie on this tour, and he told me that Bono is furious with Edge right now, and, to a slightly lesser degree, Adam.

I am saddened that Bono was disrespectful of Edge and Adam. I am :pray:ing for the B-Man and his temperament.

Hopefully the boys can break bread and wine together again, sing "40," and make peace.

~Alan

The wheels are definitely falling off.

I spoke to Kieran McConville, who lucked into a gig as a roadie on this tour, and he told me that Bono is furious with Edge right now, and, to a slightly lesser degree, Adam.

I am saddened that Bono was disrespectful of Edge and Adam. I am :pray:ing for the B-Man and his temperament.

Hopefully the boys can break bread and wine together again, sing "40," and make peace.

~Alan

Yes Bono really looks like he hates Edge in some of the pics we have seen of them both smiling together :|

and didnt i read somewhere that he called Larry, Adam, and Edge his "best friends" before beautiful day yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom