Bonnarumor: U2 To Headline Bonnaroo 2010??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Bonnarumor: U2 To Headline Bonnaroo 2009?

The Glastonbury announcement has a few of us talking.

Well, I heard it first suggested by Rolling Stone:
U2 to Headline 2010 Glastonbury Festival on June 25th : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

And the music blogs are picking up on it:
Summer Festivus 2010: Our best guestimates…

So, now I am officially stoking the rumor:
U2 To Do Festivals Again! Glastonbury Confirmed & Bonnarumored : U2 Interference – U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More

Comment away, here or on the webzine page or both!

~AWS

Oh boy. Here we go again... I have a hunch that this might actually happen, for better or for worse (based on no evidence other than a gut feeling).

This is a very good possibility. The festival takes place June 10-13 of next year. U2 360 schedule has a gap between June 7-12. I think it's quite realistic that U2 could play on June 10th, the opening night of the festival, leaving a day off before Denver on the 12th.

After the Glastonbury surprise, Bonnaroo wouldn't shock me. Considering U2 aren't playing any dates in the area so far this leg, it could happen.

Of course, I couldn't make it if they do, dammit.

ooops! Had to correct an error in my main post. The band would need to play Friday --- Not Saturday, since Saturday is Denver. Thanks to the person that pointed out that obvious error!!

Thursday the 10th is the first day of the festival, which fits best into U2's schedule. However, I would think the major headliners would play on Friday and Saturday nights. (???) They could headline on Friday the 11th, and then do a runner to Denver the following evening. Totally doable, but given the way U2 schedule their shows these day, I don't know if they'd do that.

If they do this, they would gain huge points in my book. Something out of the box, taking a risk since a large percentage of these festival crowds have never/would never attended a U2 show. While it would be a huge hits-fest, it might help their street cred, and win them some new fans along the way.

Also, we heard a rumor awhile ago that U2 couldn't get Vanderbilt Stadium Nashville for 2010, so maybe this is their way of playing the Tennessee area. It's in the middle of a HUGE hole in the US that they are ignoring. I fully support this! I imagine the Phish/DMB/Widespread Panic type fans that frequent Bonnaroo will hate the idea of U2 headlining, and yet they'll stick around just to see what the hype is all about.

ACL, much better atmosphere for U2, but that's closer to their Eurasia dates. (Then again, Glastonbury's in the middle of the NA leg, so who knows).

This is getting down right strange and surprising.

ACL almost certainly has no change of happening now (like it ever did!), with Rome probably being on the eighth. The only possibility I can see for ACL would be if they did their second Rome show on the 7th instead of the 9th (would easily fit in) and then headlined at ACL on the 10th.

what is bonoroo? sonds like either bono playing a digerydoo or hanging out with a kangaroo.

BOTH OF WHICH SHOULD BE DONE IN AUSTRALIA NEXT YEAR. announcement plz kthankzbai
/rant.

what is bonoroo? sonds like either bono playing a digerydoo or hanging out with a kangaroo.

BOTH OF WHICH SHOULD BE DONE IN AUSTRALIA NEXT YEAR. announcement plz kthankzbai
/rant.
:lol: it's a music festival in manchester, tennessee. (yeah i know, in the middle of fucking nowhere!) it's about four hours from where i live. it's a three day outdoor music festival, like woodstock or something.

and seriously! stop teasing us with a couple dates here and there, u2. i just want to know what cities they are going to play! :scream:

:lol: it's a music festival in manchester, tennessee. (yeah i know, in the middle of fucking nowhere!) it's about four hours from where i live. it's a three day outdoor music festival, like woodstock or something.

and seriously! stop teasing us with a couple dates here and there, u2. i just want to know what cities they are going to play! :scream:

Rumour has it they are trying to sell the claw to festivals who want a permanent stage for future shows.
Bonaroo and Glastonbury might enjoy a unique stage for future events.

:wink:

/rant.

bonnaroo.jpg

uh

U2 in Coachella

U2 will be playing in Coachella festival......u heard it hear first....festival takes place april 16-18......just in time to re-hype their tour legs.....plus talk about expanding your HORIZONS with new fans..............

U2 will be playing in Coachella festival......u heard it hear first....festival takes place april 16-18......just in time to re-hype their tour legs.....plus talk about expanding your HORIZONS with new fans..............

If Rio is on the 15th of April and Buenos Aires is on the 18th, as is rumoured and may be announced in the next few days, that may make a Coachella appearance difficult - though not TOTALLY out of the question.

Is it true that you can only buy a 4-day pass for Bonaroo?

It would suck having to buy a full pass to catch 1 night (going to Denver on the 12th, so staying the whole weekend is not an option)

2010 will be the year of U2 playing festival after festival

Uh, there are some cool festivals here where I live, as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom