Best/Worst crowds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why? Like all Australian crowds, Melbourne crowds tend to suck.

You know, I found out recently that I was in one of the only parts of Footy Park where the jerkass other fans weren't standing up and having a go. Does this mean Adelaide > Melbourne in one of several ways?

You know, I found out recently that I was in one of the only parts of Footy Park where the jerkass other fans weren't standing up and having a go. Does this mean Adelaide > Melbourne in one of several ways?

It means we need to gang up on Sydney.

I don`t know, what`s Wembley like, but I`ll try it this summer :D.
The best crowd in my opinion are the Barcelona people at the last
concert in Camp Nou. Very very enthusiastic, loudly but very friendly to guys from abroad. I`ll never forget this spectacle.
But this year I`ll go to Milan and the Italians are also a crazy crowd, I think so.

Oh Milano, sexy people :sexywink:

Pittsburgh doesn't suck at all. But I'll tell ya who sucks. The DC crowds for most concerts. I've lived here for 3 years and I've only been to one concert where the crowd was great and that was for Springsteen.

For some reason, people don't rate American crowds that highly. I am English by the way and while we are noted for our reserve, we often get as if not more enthusiastic than our friends across the pond. I'm a Bruce Springsteen fan too and it has been noted that his shows are much more intense in Europe (Milan especially) because the crowds are more participatory. I know such a judgement is hard to make but American audiences do seem to prefer to sit and listen to a show, which is fair enough.

Pittsburgh doesn't suck at all. But I'll tell ya who sucks. The DC crowds for most concerts. I've lived here for 3 years and I've only been to one concert where the crowd was great and that was for Springsteen.

i know that! im from pittsburgh! :lol:

i was there for the vertigo tour and the crowd was AWESOME! :rockon:

whats wembley like?

Wembley (should be) excellent. London crowds have a somewhat unfair reputation (IMO) of being difficult. Have seen each tour in London since 1993 and in my experience U2 in London always get a great response (though I guess we all say the same about the shows closest to us).

Wembley (should be) excellent. London crowds have a somewhat unfair reputation (IMO) of being difficult. Have seen each tour in London since 1993 and in my experience U2 in London always get a great response (though I guess we all say the same about the shows closest to us).

:wave: Same here! NEVER once seen any probs at a London U2 concert, and I have been seeing them in London since the early 80's. A few pished people maybe :wink: :lol: Well Twickers was WELL hot deal with it! :shifty:

The most awesome U2 setting is by far Dublin seeing that Italians come there too, Chileans, Americans, Danes like myself, the bomb shelter from the last Dublin concert was filled with people from all over the world. Congratulations on your trip to Ireland.
It was my first U2 concert and the most memorable concert experience of my life.

My first U2 concert is going to be Dublin in July (I am soooo excited) but i agonised over the choice between Dublin and Glasgow, I went with my heart in the end and reading this, i think i made the right choice!!

Hey Bigjohn, what part of the Burgh are you from? I'm from the South Hills.

Worst crowd - Honolulu 06. Although, that was nothing to do with the race of people (there was SUCH a mix, you couldn't pin it down on one group :lol: ) it was more the fact that so many people had flown in, there were so many celebrities/wealthy people there, and this big ass sense of entitlement going around. Admittedly, everyone cheered in all the right places and moments were particularly electric - but before u2 came on, people were being complete assholes in the stadium. I'd queued for days to get a rail spot, and then one woman tries to wrestle it off me with the flimsy excuse of 'but I've flown in from LA!' ... And?!
Plus, moments like when Bono got the girl up to dance with him - you could literally feel the hate waves from all the women with signs and dressed up in belly dancing costumes :lol:

:lol::lol: Attention Whores :tsk: :lol:

I so don't have a problem with people doing that - it's all fun, and good on you if you get to dance with Bono. But... don't EXPECT it for goodness sake! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom