Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if those top screens are for cameramen to follow the band aroudnw with i guess there wont be a big screen behind the stage liek last year - so we wont have the lights for things like COBL - or red screens for STREETS?

Why not. On PopMart they used the screen to show both: close-ups of the band and all kinds of animation, FX etc.

i hope they indicated 164' instead of 164" for the production phase- wouldnt want a spinal tap sized stonehenge out there

this wont even come close to the ga experience in the arenas- it will be totally different- much much bigger

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Back to the stage design...

I don't know if it has been named yet or not, but I think the stage center spike/light tower thing should be called...

The Bonor

Mark

Why not. On PopMart they used the screen to show both: close-ups of the band and all kinds of animation, FX etc.

But on the diagrams it looks like the ONLY screens will be the ones of the bands up high, obviously they can be sued for animations etc - but its not the same as having a big screen behidn the band..

But on the diagrams it looks like the ONLY screens will be the ones of the bands up high, obviously they can be sued for animations etc - but its not the same as having a big screen behidn the band..

They get the rights for the animations before they use them, in fact most are comissioned just for the tour...

But on the diagrams it looks like the ONLY screens will be the ones of the bands up high,

I understand why someone would think that, after Elevation and Vertigo (in arenas) where they had screens above the stage just for the band and a screen/LED curtain behind the band.
BUT, if the scale of the stage on 360.u2.com is right and if this claw is really 50+meters hight than this 360'Screen is huuuuge,
I think (and hope) they'll use it for far more interesting visuals than just ONLY showing the band.
I'm hoping for something PopMart-style on the screen.

Given that they've already done some interesting animations for performances on Boots, etc... I'm thinking this tour will be filled with great visuals.

Who knows we still don't have all the details of this stage, they may still have some suprises...

What if the stage itself is a screen? This would be perfect for stadiums...

Given that they've already done some interesting animations for performances on Boots, etc... I'm thinking this tour will be filled with great visuals.

Who knows we still don't have all the details of this stage, they may still have some suprises...

What if the stage itself is a screen? This would be perfect for stadiums...

yes, I was also thinking about it. They had simple lights around the Heart on Elevation, then LED "things" all around the stage and ellipse on Vertigo, now it's time for the whole stage to turn into a screen :yes:

Or that huge area of grey behind the stage is a screen? hence why the bottom row of sears behing the stage are greyed out?

Yes I keep wondering about that greyed out area as well. Not really true 360 then, is it? Then again, if the whole kit and kaboodle spins around like they say it does, then I guess it is, but at many points of the show people in the stands will have obstructed views, no?

Also, I don't get the whole GA setup. From U2.com it doesn't really look like the ramps go all around, it looks like a sea of people at the entrance to the "round". Looks to me like its just first come first served and then it spills out into the general field area. Thoughts?

edit: wait - if paragraph 1 is true then paragraph 2 probably can't be. argh.

:wink: “The band is just sitting in the palm of the audience’s hand,” says Williams. “It really works.” Adds Bono, “It creates this real physical proximity to the crowd.” :wink:

I don't know either given some of these following diagrams / pix
27234s_a.gif

lg_newyork.jpg

This looks closer to what Bono and Willie are saying....

27222s.gif

Where as these appear to place most of the audiance, particularily the one in seats at a great distance...

u2360wembleymockupthelan.jpg

12464s_a.gif

What do you think? Of course we need to see actual tour photos to know.

Back
Top Bottom