Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the facts about the stadium say that each of the 4 sides have enough PA for an arena. That's fine for the rear and both sides, but what about the "front of the house" that may be 40,000 people?

It's all speculation, but does anyone get the feeling that they aren't going to play arenas in 2010? To invest in three (based on reports here) Claws for the tour, and given the possible/questionable dates leaked for 2010, it sure seems like U2 will be in stadiums for the next year and a half.

Mark---which I'd be very happy with.

The stage layout will be the same as the one that the Foo Fighters used at Wembley last year (albeit a lot more grand) It's hardly central. The only shortcoming I can see is that the video screens will need to be ten times better than the ones the FFs used as you couldn't see anything in the sunshine! Having said that we'd all go with no big screens ala JT tour!

Funny you mentioned that...Palladia is showing the Foo Fighters at Wembley right now, and that was my first thought--the mini version of the U2 set.

Wow 120 trucks?! Well they'll be stimulating the economy by giving lots of people jobs, but they'll also be pissing off Greenpeace with that kind of carbon footprint...

u2360wembleymockupthelan.jpg

if you squint you get an idea!

Inside U2's Plans to Rock Stadiums Around the Globe : Rolling Stone

Meet the Claw: U2's Massive New Stage Set:

Inspiration: U2 show director Willie Williams got the idea for the in-the-round set (nicknamed "the Claw") from the futuristic, Disney-style Theme Building at LAX: It looks like a spaceship on four legs.

Structure: At 164 feet tall, the Claw, Williams says, is twice as high as the previous largest stadium stage set, from the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour. "Theirs would fit underneath this one," he says.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system — each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

Logistics: Currently being assembled in pieces around the world, the set will be made of solid steel — 120 trucks will cart it from show to show.

:ohmy:

See nice stuff. But i want to know more about what kind of screen they will use and how big that will be.

But so far it sounds good. It looks like they are pushing the limits again (hench popmart).

if those top screens are for cameramen to follow the band aroudnw with i guess there wont be a big screen behind the stage liek last year - so we wont have the lights for things like COBL - or red screens for STREETS?

if those top screens are for cameramen to follow the band aroudnw with i guess there wont be a big screen behind the stage liek last year - so we wont have the lights for things like COBL - or red screens for STREETS?

Every stadium has an area of seat behind the stage blocked out. It may be a screen like Elevation during STREETS, height wise.

Every stadium has an area of seat behind the stage blocked out. It may be a screen like Elevation during STREETS, height wise.

Thats what i was thinking, you can also see an area behind the stage that looks a bit odd, Willie has already said he didnt want to show all the secrets in the renderd image.

Infact here is the e-mail someone over on u2.com recieved from Willie Williams re how the band will get to the walkway (i hope they dont mind me posting it here!):

Hello Beth and thanks for your kind words.

There is, admittedly, a little confusion over the outer perimeter of
the stage, largely because I asked the graphics people to not show the
two bridges (!) Yes, the band will have access out there and I am
sure will take full advantage of it. I'm not sure why I had them
remove the bridges form the rendering - I guess we wanted to save one
or two surprises for opening night. Anyway, spread the word, the band
will be all over this thing.

Very best,

W.W

they will probably branch out into the audience or soemthing

one way of looking at it is more peopel get close to the band at one point

another is those that get to the best position by queuing will miss out on being clsoe to the band most of the times as they will be all around the circle and possibly out into the audience/pitch.

yes, I'm pretty certain that there will be some sort of "backdrop" screen in use during these shows that the audience to the rear will be looking over at the stage... I'd say we haven't seen the half of what's going to be going on for these shows visually....

they will probably branch out into the audience or soemthing

one way of looking at it is more peopel get close to the band at one point

another is those that get to the best position by queuing will miss out on being clsoe to the band most of the times as they will be all around the circle and possibly out into the audience/pitch.

I believe they are talking about connecting the main stage to the circular walkway that encloses the lottery GA area. There are probably 2 bridges that connect to it since the stage and walkway are so large.

Mark

I think the 2 bridges run in the direction of the rear crab legs before connection to the walkway ring. In other words, angles that won't block the RED section and would be undesirable to GA holders(ie: the view of the back of guitar or bass amps)

i hope they indicated 164' instead of 164" for the production phase- wouldnt want a spinal tap sized stonehenge out there

this wont even come close to the ga experience in the arenas- it will be totally different- much much bigger

Back
Top Bottom