Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How different is Oklahoma's stadium from Sam Boyd? They both are on the smaller side aren't they?

I can't wait to see the TM seating charts with prices.:waiting:

Mark

How different is Oklahoma's stadium from Sam Boyd? They both are on the smaller side aren't they?

Oh fuck, I think you might be right.

Using Google Earth, the field in Norman in about 205 feet wide. The field at Vegas is 215-220 feet wide.

Didn't we estimate that the distance between (and inclusive of) the rear spider legs was about 220 feet? :|

lg_newyork.jpg

I'm looking at a satellite photo, and the problem with stadium in Norman is that there is very little space between the grandstands and the football sidelines. My suspicion is that the stage won't fit in the standard orientation. That makes me wonder, even more, why they're playing there at all.

Oklahoma Memorial Stadium (Satellite Photo)

27222s.gif

Oklahoma would be truly in the round then!!!
Kick ass:drool:

Layout in the "centre"

The stage layout will be the same as the one that the Foo Fighters used at Wembley last year (albeit a lot more grand) It's hardly central. The only shortcoming I can see is that the video screens will need to be ten times better than the ones the FFs used as you couldn't see anything in the sunshine! Having said that we'd all go with no big screens ala JT tour!

Giants Stadium Building Dimensions: 756' L x 592' W x 144' H (Service Level to the top of seating bowl) 178' (Service Level to the top of the South Tower)

i guess that eliminates the fears that the upper bowl seats will be blocked by the claw and unable to see the stage, as the upper bowl at giants stadium is actually 20 feet shorter than the top of the claw. the only people who wouldn't be able to see would be those in the press boxes on top of the stadium, which isn't a problem because those aren't seats.

you should be able to see the tower at the top of the claw sticking out the top of just about every stadium they play from the parking lot. :drool:

and just for a comparison... willie says that this set is twice the size of the bigger bang stage, and that the bigger bang stage could fit underneath it... well...

stonesstagefenway-734940.jpg

that's fucking huge.

Interesting that the weight barring posts of the claw are all off the playing surface in every venue, save San Siro and Oklahoma.

Can anybody attempt to photoshop the claw from U2.com animatic onto a stadium photo to get perspective?

The above picture is if they made a mistake and the entire structure is 160 feet high. If it was just the CLAW being 160 feet high, it wouldn't even fit in the stadium:

u2360wembleymockup2.jpg

This has to be HUGE :ohmy:

They have to construct it in a way so it won't block anyone's view, no matter where they are sitting or standing. I don't think it would fit into smaller stadiums, let alone arenas. No wonder they are only playing certain stadiums this tour.

I've a feeling it's more like the second picture in terms of height - it really has to be high enough so that people on the upper tiers get a good view within the "claw"... if its as low as in the first picture an awful lot of people won't be seeing unch of the actual stage...

great job on the photoshops btw...

I've a feeling it's more like the second picture in terms of height - it really has to be high enough so that people on the upper tiers get a good view within the "claw"... if its as low as in the first picture an awful lot of people won't be seeing unch of the actual stage...

great job on the photoshops btw...

I can't see it possibly being that tall. That would make the CLAW as tall as Wembley Stadium, and the spire at the top would reach far past the roof.

In addition to that, it would require the dimensions of that render be significantly altered to make the CLAW feet fit in the stadium itself.

When you think of sight-lines remember the tapering of the stands means most people should be able to see under them.

Does anyone have a map (with seats and prices) for Gelsenkirche??
I'd like to take seats and would like to know up front which seats are best (not the 150 euro seats)

Hmm, I don't know, u2.com doesn't have it up, but I guess the seats behind the stage might be the best (though also most expensive). They are closest to the stage.

Can someone post the Slaski Stadium Seating/Price map? I'm trying to find it to figure out how they price a single tier stadium when the stage is at midfield.

Much obliged.

EDIT:

Just found it:

18446_56900_1.jpg

what is the point of the 4 legs? just support?

the top horizontal bits would have to be quite high up otherwise they would block the views of the people sitting on the highest seats looking down.

Back
Top Bottom