Best spot in the stadium (audio/visual)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
I was wondering what is the favourite spot in the stadium? I have GA tickets for Amsterdam. Is it better to be as close as possible or further from the stage? Is the sound quality good under the claw and don't you miss too much of the visuals standing so close?

go for tip of he elipse (outside inner circle). You see the band really close up even when they are on stage and theres plenty of catwalk action. The speaker stacks are right above your hear to whereas if you were in the elipse they would be behind you.

From the catwalk spot you also get the full visual awesomeness of the screen and the light effects on the claw legs

Is it not better to be inside the circle but next to the catwalk?

Is it more crushed on the outside of the inner circle?

Crush isnt a word to associate with GA at a U2 concert. It was a little packed but certainly not crushed. Unless I was invited up on stage, there's literally no better spot in the stadium at the tip of the catwalk outside of the elipse.

It's packed inside the circle and it's packed at the catwalk. Crushed ... not really, except maybe when one of the band members comes to the catwalk and stands there for a while. You see more when you're at the catwalk. You don't see much of the screen and the visuals and lights when you're directly in front of the stage. Of course, you're closer to the band and in the middle of the circle where the atmosphere is great. I think you should decide for yourself what you want. For people going to multiple shows I'd recommend trying out both ... and also seats.

i've had seats adjacent to the soundbooth in the lower bowl and had GA tix.

with the seats I found the sound mix to be better. GA sound is loud, thunderous, but you hear less of the high notes.

I'm wondering this as well. I've only done GA once during Vertigo and I was right on the rail. it was an awesome spot, but this time I was thinking of trying for front row in the circle. anyone have front row experience?

Thanx for all ur comments. I will go for the tip of the catwalk. I have only one opportunity this year. Amsterdam GA. Seems to be a good place to be not too far from the band, still in the good atmosphere and good view on screen/visuals. Now pray that the sound quality in AmsterdamArena does not ruin 'everything'

Crush isnt a word to associate with GA at a U2 concert. It was a little packed but certainly not crushed. Unless I was invited up on stage, there's literally no better spot in the stadium at the tip of the catwalk outside of the elipse.

well.... maybe in Paris or Berlin it's no crush.... but in South America, you better get in the inner circle other wise you're screwed!
I was so crushed that I wnated to die.... fight for your life every bloody seconds, it was aweful.

Red dot is the spot to be

ellipse.png

Back
Top Bottom