"Beautiful Song. Great Gift From God This Song."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, the crowd singing along especially near the end is just incredible. I do wish Edge had more of a lead guitar part throughout the song (it seems empty without him), although his solo and outro part is heartwrenchingly beautiful. They picked the right closing song, IMHO. :up:

The one thing I would say about MOS live is that I think it really needs some interesting animation, i.e. Yahweh...
Well remember that U2 is a band where their show evolves as the tour progresses. I'm sure by the time they hit the U.S we'll be seeing at least a few interesting additions to the visuals.

I think Larry must really like MOS too. He really seems to be affected by it live.

I remember Eno saying Larry was the first to come in the morning they made MOS; he apparently nailed the loop Eno had prepared "as only Larry can.":up:

From all the interviews I read, I got the feeling that they're genuinely humbled that in a sense they had the honor of writing this song. Bono talks about "waiting for God to come in the room" and how He really came in for MOS.

So I think he's acknowledging that MOS had to come from somewhere outside of himself, and giving thanks for that.:up:

I agree but I still think it sounds really conceited.

"We wrote this song and it's so amazing I can't believe we wrote it. God must have been working through us!"

I love the song, though. Definitely my favorite from the new album. I don't like how he cuts the second version out to sing "oh oh oh ohhh ohhh" more. As if we don't hear that enough.

Hearing it live in Milan, I have to agree with Bono. It was almost spooky, a spiritual moment. After the show ended, they played Ave Maria and Nessun Dorma on the PA as tributes to the late Pavarotti. Beautiful way to end the show.

Hearing it live in Milan, I have to agree with Bono. It was almost spooky, a spiritual moment. After the show ended, they played Ave Maria and Nessun Dorma on the PA as tributes to the late Pavarotti. Beautiful way to end the show.

That's the stuff I wanna hear! :) So cool! Thanks for the tidbits from the show.:love:

I was punching in the numbers at the ATM machine

:doh:

Agreed -- God did not send that line in, it came from somewhere else -- like maybe a DeceptCon while Optimus Prime was still out cold.

Seriously, someone else said this and I agree -- it's cool that Bono acknowledges his faith occasioanlly. It's not like he rams it down our throats nightly.

Do you ever wonder if the last U2 album will essentially be a full throttle spiritual album where the lyrics move from nuance and subtlely to more obvious / in your face?

It could be a whole record and tour of "cringe worthy" moments, but, I'd say they've earned the right -- some will come along for the ride, others will get off the bus.

Back
Top Bottom