Barcelona PRE-SALE/General Sale - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrball

Refugee
I've always used babelfish to translate foreign website pages, it has always come in pretty useful for buying U2 tickets in Europe!

But I've noticed that more and more websites these days are using images to present their text, making babelfish pretty much redundant.

I saw a really useful post in the Amsterdam presale thread provided step-by-step instructions and thought this is a great idea helping reduce the stress of buying tickets. I've always worried if I've bought nosebleed seat tickets instead of Field tickets. :doh:

Wondered if any Spanish speakers would agree to post such instructions and perhaps do the same for other countries. My Polish is particularly dodgy.

You can actually switch the language in the Ticketmaster Spain page to English. That's what I did to setup my account (even though I'm fluent in Spanish).

Livenation France doesn't seem to have an english version and I am not sure my high school/college french from 15 years ago is going to help me out all that much. And many of the words don't translate over in babelfish. good luck to me!

I just went through their system to purchase a ticket to another show (Jonas Bros just cause i needed the laugh) and then canceled at the last screen instead of putting in my cc info. But there was the option to "register" prior to that. (I also wanted to test my language skills and they keep the language pretty simple.) Anyway, I then went back in and tried a different show and my info was saved. So I seem to be registered now with Livenation France. We'll see what happens.

LUCKY BARCELONA FANS!!

16.03.2009 16:27
U2 concert: 14.000 tickets for club members

Four years after their last visit, U2 return to the Nou Camp on 30th June to kick off their U2 360º tour

U2 will play 14 European cities before visiting USA to promote their new album No line on the horizon. The Barcelona concert will be the Irish group’s only appearance in Spain according to their official website.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale to the general public via the ticktackticket service on Friday 25th March, but FC Barcelona members will receive preferential options and have the chance to obtain their tickets before that, just as they did with the Bruce Springsteen gig at the Nou Camp.

Possible draw

The club is offering 14,000 tickets exclusively to their members and if demand is greater than this a public draw on 19th March will be held to decide who the lucky fans are to be.

To apply for tickets, members should complete the form . Applications can only be made between 10.00 on 17th March and 19.00 on 18th March. Members will need to supply their full names, membership number and member reference number (clau), as well as an email address to enable the club to inform each applicant of the current position of their application.

Unlike previous ticket application processes, only single applications will be allowed, although if a member’s application is accepted, up to two tickets can bought as a result of the purchasing process of the concert promoter.

Yes it's a real pain in the ass.....but you know in the Camp Nou can fit more than 100000 people...a lot of space... I hope that my boots code will allow me to buy 4 little pieces of the pitch...anyway any news about the starting of the presale??

I guess the barcelona presale will be as follow:

Horizon Group - Sunday, 22nd March 10AM (local venue time)
Breathe Group - Monday, 23rd March 10AM (local venue time)
Boots Group - Monday, 23rd March 3PM (local venue time)

I hope that there will be enough tickets for boots subscriber....I wonder how many Horizon and Breathe codes are still around!!!!

Here we are, count down started:

El próximo miércoles 25 de marzo, a partir de las 10h, se podrán adquirir las entradas para el concierto de U2 del 30 de junio en el Camp Nou de Barcelona, primer concierto de la gira mundial y por lo tanto punto de partida del U2 3602 Tour.

El precio de las entradas será de 150, 85, 65 y 30 Euros para las entradas de asiento reservado y 55 Euros para las entradas de pista (gastos de distribución no incluidos).

Las localidades estarán disponibles en Ticketmaster.es y en el teléfono 902 15 00 25 el próximo miércoles 25 de marzo a partir de las 10:00.

También se podrán adquirir en todas las tiendas de España de la cadena FNAC.

Se confirma, al fin, que será Snow Patrol el grupo invitado que acompañará a U2 en el primer concierto de la gira, el 30 de junio en el Camp Nou.

That would be great if the Horizon presale was either Saturday or Sunday. I'd much rather get up on a weekend.

Is it kind of weird that Barcelona is the first show but was not the first pre-sale? :confused:

Yes, but I wonder if that is good or bad in order to get tickets...I want to be optimistic and i would say good, because a lot of horizon and breathe codes (our worse enemies, I have a boots code) have been used..........am I being naive??

From the posts on this board, there doesn't appear to be too much interest in the Barcelona show. If you read the Spanish boards though it seems a lot of people have multiple codes to use for this show and given that there is only one show in all of Spain I think it could be a nightmare.

so are these the general admission tickets? what does "entradas de pista" mean in english?

Those are GA.

From the posts on this board, there doesn't appear to be too much interest in the Barcelona show. If you read the Spanish boards though it seems a lot of people have multiple codes to use for this show and given that there is only one show in all of Spain I think it could be a nightmare.

well here's to hoping that the horizon presale works out. i'm just going for two GA.

nice to see a fellow dallas citizen making this trip!

Now I'm petrified with fear, I realy need to get 4 tickets, even the 30 euro one!!! It can't be worse than Dublin...:pray:

well here's to hoping that the horizon presale works out. i'm just going for two GA.

nice to see a fellow dallas citizen making this trip!

I'm surprised people would not get the max amount of tickets they are allowed to (4)... It's not like you would ever get stuck with them. For example you (or anyone else) could sell me their extras :wink: since I have a group of about 10 people wanting to go to Barcelona and it will be quite a struggle to find tickets for everyone. Right? :flirt:

I'm surprised people would not get the max amount of tickets they are allowed to (4)... It's not like you would ever get stuck with them. For example you (or anyone else) could sell me their extras :wink: since I have a group of about 10 people wanting to go to Barcelona and it will be quite a struggle to find tickets for everyone. Right? :flirt:

were i to end up with excess tickets, i would be more than happy to trade them for another show or sell them to a fan for face value. for me, though, since i'm planning a 10 day, three country trip around this concert, i'd really just like to make sure that i get what i need, which is just two tickets. i'd hate to select "4" and be told that my request is unavailable when had i selected "2" things would have been just fine. (unlikely scenario, i know. but better safe than sorry.) though if i make a last minute decision change i will keep you in mind :)

Completely true. You must realise that here (catalonia, spain...) only few people speak english enough to write on a board, and we also don't use internet as much as other european or american countries, so you can get the wrong idea that here the people is not interested in u2... but those who were in camp nou in the vertigo tour can tell you that WE ARE!

Me and some more friends are attending the dublin 2 concert, and we used my friend's boots code instead of my horizon code, because we preffer to keep mine for barcelona presale... i am sure it will be a nightmare, as you say, but i hope that there will be enough GA's for all the horizons...

Completely true. You must realise that here (catalonia, spain...) only few people speak english enough to write on a board, and we also don't use internet as much as other european or american countries, so you can get the wrong idea that here the people is not interested in u2... but those who were in camp nou in the vertigo tour can tell you that WE ARE!

Me and some more friends are attending the dublin 2 concert, and we used my friend's boots code instead of my horizon code, because we preffer to keep mine for barcelona presale... i am sure it will be a nightmare, as you say, but i hope that there will be enough GA's for all the horizons...

Thanks for posting. I hope Mau2 doesn't read this. :yikes:

Let's just get this over with already. :crazy:

:wink:

Last edited:
You know that 100.000 people fit into Camp Nou, right? How many of them do you think are u2com subscribers? I think there will be enough GA tickets for everyone to go round. There are also non-u2com members who want (and will) score tickets. Relax.

Back
Top Bottom