Barcelona 2 - All thoughts and discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Ok, this video is making me feel alot better about being behind the stage.... they played to back...all of them did. Granted they may not be there as much as the front...but when they are back there...You are so close... at least closer than the opposite end of the stadium! ANd I like how towards the end they were sort of jamming in the middle of the stage... not in their "spots".

Me likey!! :applaud:

I noticed that too, looks like there really isn't a bad seat in the house!

So they've obviously been practicing at a second location given the suprises we heard tonight... Was DM a diversion? Are there other tricks up their sleeves?

Looks like there are a few tricks for us, I hope they do play DM though..:drool:

And a good one too!! lol

There's one over on u2torrents, but I'm not signed up for that site and last time I tried it said there was a waiting list or something:huh:

Argh. I've got my fingers crossed that u2start comes through for us. I suppose we all got spoiled when Barcelona 1 was available mere hours after the concert.:reject:

working on that recording over on U2start at the moment. Have to wait for u2torrents though. I also recorded the show myself but my recorder has completely died so I cant even test the audio to see if its any good.

Is it possible to remove media from a flash player even though I can't get any power into it?

It's not an acoustic simulator; Edge is playing his Edge stuff during the first chorus while the acoustic guitar is still going. And Bono ain't playing.
You can't hear/see that?
1:20 in....

did edge sample and loop the chord progression? it does sound like the acoustic simulator effect.
not uncommon.. with a touch of a pedal he could record it during the verse, and then loop it for the prechorus

though really, bono should be playing here.. he's not inept.. just needs to practice. cmon Bono!

Agreed. I was saying this months ago. Let him just run with an extended solo and then Edge comes in halfway doing some distorted variations on what he is doing during the intro now...and...then...

BAM! SOCK! (like the old Batman tv show! ;) in with the song and on with the show!

Rock and Roll doggie!

Ya, I see what you mean......I guess I don't like the way the stage is lit up and Larry just walks out... It's anti-climatic... it needs to be more dramatic :D
Maybe if he was on the stage before the opening song finished with the house lights dark and then he starts with that drum rumble at the beginning of Breathe...and extends it until they all walk out....and BAM BAM lights up everybody is on point. That would be cool!

We've got another report posted on our homepage. If anyone feels compelled to help with these, please let me know!

U2 Keep It Crazy For Second Barcelona Show : U2 Interference - U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More

After one day off, U2 returned for the second night of the 360 tour in Barcelona on July 2. Fans everywhere wondered whether the show would differ from the inaugural gig. Would the setlist change in length, order, or variety? How might the band build from the first show’s success without getting stagnant?

Around 10pm local time, the band took the stage following “Space Oddity” by David Bowie. Before the extended intro to “Breathe” (replete Larry’s riveting drums and Adam’s inviting bass), before we hear Bono change the date in the song’s lyrics, another song plays over the PA. The wild speculation by fans over the source of this track is intriguing, with many suggesting it is an unreleased tune from a forthcoming album to be released between legs of the tour, much like Zooropa in 1993.

After the gig opened with the same set of songs from the new record that we heard on opening night, Bono once again thanked the people of Barcelona before “Beautiful Day.” The singer sounded genuinely grateful when he “thanked the neighborhood” for letting them “make a joyful noise” for the days preceding opening night.

This appreciation, though, may not be enough to mute the formal noise complaints filed against the band. Various sources are reporting that “authorities might fine U2 for rocking too long and loudly during rehearsals for their latest world tour, the city council said yesterday.”

When “Beautiful Day” ended with a snippet from the Beatles’ “Here Comes The Sun,” the sought after setlist changes and surprises were soon to follow. Trading “Angel of Harlem” as the Michael Jackson tribute of the night for “Desire,” Bono also chose a new Jackson snippet to share, belting the chorus of “Billie Jean.”

Apparently, one good surprise deserves another, so the tour debut of “Party Girl” came next. Barely into in the song, Bono brought a party girl called Melissa onstage to hoist the singer high and then share a bottle of champagne. The story has it that he remembered her from joining him in the spotlight at a previous show on a previous tour. It appears some girls have all the luck.

The innovations continued with the first-ever performance of “Electrical Storm,” a 2002 single released with the The Best of 1990-2000 compilation. While the single never penetrated the US charts, it did well in the rest of the world. Hardcore fans call these moments “U2 history,” and the reaction among the faithful was universally enthusiastic. Perhaps the summer weather had something to do with the choice. In the song, Bono sings, “It’s hot as hell, honey, in this room/Sure hope the weather will break soon/The air is heavy, heavy as a truck/Need the rain to wash away our bad luck.”

BonotooPhoto by Albert Gea from daylife.com

Already creating all kinds of buzz from the kick-off concert, the wild remix of “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” returned once again, late in the set before the classic anthem “Sunday Bloody Sunday.” Rocking the djembe and strutting his stuff on the walkways, Larry Mullen secured this version as the shake-your-stuff-and-dance-in-the-aisles highlight of the night. Because, as Bono announced, they were filming a video for this track, perhaps playing it once just simply was not enough. The so-called “normal” mix of the highly-memorable hit reappeared in the encore between “With or Without You” and “Moment of Surrender.”

After botching the classic late-set singalong on opening night, U2 redeemed the standard “One” in more ways than one. Since this track usually followed Bono’s longest sermons of the night on the Vertigo tour, fans never know how long he might rap before Edge’s familiar riffs take us by the heartstrings. The band nailed the track without a mixup, and Bono speechified while the loud crowd assailed him with wails. But he kept the talk short and sweet, his rap dripping about love for his bandmates, his best friends, his brothers. Instead of the usual evangelism about this cause or that, Bono pledged to change the world inside our heads. For lifelong followers of U2, the change inside ourselves that this music brings is one crazy cause we all can agree upon.

working on that recording over on U2start at the moment. Have to wait for u2torrents though. I also recorded the show myself but my recorder has completely died so I cant even test the audio to see if its any good.

Is it possible to remove media from a flash player even though I can't get any power into it?

Thanks, Gerard! :heart:

Finally caught up with this thread and all the vids from yesterdays show :crack: think I need a lie down :lol:

highlights . . . hearing breathe, electrical storm, desire and party girl live in real time :heart::heart::heart: . . . still a little dizzy to be honest

so looking forward to seeing how this tour pans out so by the time sydney (*keepsfingerscrossedtightly*) figures in the mix they'll have any quirks and bubbles ironed out . . . although I still think its an endearing quality of theirs that they reach the level of popularity and success they have and they are still undoubtably human when they hit the stage . . .its glorious!

would love to see magnificent as an opener . . .that little edge earblast at around the 45sec mark would be otherworldy as an intro live :heart: . .. can't wait for the next set list party :happydance:

It's not an acoustic simulator; Edge is playing his Edge stuff during the first chorus while the acoustic guitar is still going. And Bono ain't playing.
You can't hear/see that?
1:20 in....

Right at 1:20 he steps on a pedal so it's either a pre-recorded loop, or he sampled a loop and then ran it through an acoustic processor like RegisterDude said, or Dallas is playing it... Who really cares?

Loving the remix.

I’m guessing it’s been asked/mentioned already somewhere in one of the other threads, but anyone think the strong green during SBS is a nod to Iran?

Definitely seems to be, given that at the end of crazy tonight (and just before SBS kicks in) u can hear an iranian singer on the stadium speakers

Just downloading it now and watched a couple of you tube vids earlier. Oh my, I still cannot believe they played Electrical Storm. What a beautiful song. Great vocal performance from Bono. Also Desire, great performance. I love this show. And I hope they'll keep the regular version of Crazy Tonight, I just can't get myself to like this ridiculous remix.

That is the first track that I listened to when I got the torrent uploaded last night

^ No possible about it, it is mentioned on U2.com that they where shooting a video.

But now the story seems to have vanished, strange.

I just got back to the west coast from Barca #2,

Bono explained before the album version (during the encore) that they were playing it again to film a music video here in Barcelona.

Since it's the next single, it'll prolly be a concert video I guess...

Back
Top Bottom