arena tour in 2012 more rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
"U2 in arenas with a smaller version of the Claw" is the indiscretion that has slipped the information channels over at U2place.com. The rumours - treated as such by that site - would be related to a tour starting in March, and until October 2012.
U2 commisioned a design of a smaller version of the Claw which could be put together inside a smaller place, ie arena.

:hmm:

Oh, god. Please don't start the tour up again so soon. Go work on the next album, and give us time to save our pennies for the next go-round.

Hmm, not sure I buy it, though, if they really did order a smaller claw then obviously that's a big sign.

Of course, if it's accompanied with some sort of album or EP or something, I'll gladly welcome it.

Arena tour would be :drool: but I doubt its happening anytime soon..They've been on the road so long for this tour i think they'd probably take a breather first..It's U2 we're talking about which means its probably the standard 4 years..:crack:

Actually, when you think about it, given how spaced out the legs have been, U2 have been on the road less this tour than any other in their history.

The next album is rumored to be coming out in the fall of 2012, so I doubt they'll tour again until 2013 at least. I can't see them doing the Claw again right away, even if it's a smaller one; they would be repeating themselves. And wouldn't being indoors defeat the purpose of having a Claw? They can just hang stuff from the ceiling. :der:

I hate the friggin' Claw, too few good spots inside the pit area, give us the Vertigo/Elevation Tour stage again, please.

And, not until 2013. I can't afford to give McGuinness anymore of my rent money next year.

since the music business is all about touring nowadays i can see it happening
esp since U2 barely did 8 shows a month during 360
and since they don't need months of 24/7 studio time to finish a new album

very likely it ain't though

but why would they need baby claw inside,they allready can hang stuff form celling, i would much like se some groundbreaking new stage design with some 3d screens and projectors or the whole stage could be one video screen...if anything from claw they should use the same video design in arenas not just some 4 screens and one smaler at the back...also they could figure 360 sound...

Because of screens + lightning, I cant remember the weight limit that arena back in Helsinki has for hanging gear from roof, but 360 degree screen + lights and other would be over the weight limit that you could hang up there

the amount of weight that you can hang in middle is alot less than you can do on end of arenas

I spoke with a crew member at Glastonbury and he told me a different story. They will play arenas in 2012, but not with a mini-claw. They will use a mini-Popmart-screen and play the full album of POP...

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest - new album end of 2012 / early 2013 followed by a Summer stadium tour.

Not that it will matter of course if the Mayans were right, we'll all be long gone before 2013 :lol::lol::lol:

A mini-Claw would actually make sense, IMHO - yeah, you can play in the round pretty easily in an arena, but the Claw has become kind of iconic at this point. Besides, that sort of visual spectacle combined with a setlist focusing on rarities and B-sides would be pretty damn spiffy. :drool:

When Holy Joe opens every show on the tour, you'll all be kicking yourselves underneath that mini-claw. That is, as long as your Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)-level presale tickets scanned in to the inner pit.

I wish I could get a minature one to put on my desk at work.

I've been saying since 2009 that it would be THE thing to add to the 360 merchandise. Make miniature claws that people can build themselves like a ship and such. And get ready made ones too for the lazy people. It would sell, who wouldn't want a mini claw on their desk or table? :D

Back
Top Bottom