Anyone else surprised by the amount of tickets needing new owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah, just wait til they are the musical guest for the first night of SNL, with Megan Fox hosting! Then the tix will be hot again I bet!

Exactly. Doesnt do me any good though since the Boston shows are BEFORE SNL!!! :sad:

I just posted my tickets on a community board listing at the grocery store ... where lots of hip folks frequent...........FINGERS CROSSED for takers!!!

(yes, you read that right...at the grocery store!)

I fully agree with you, too!
I have been trying to sell my extra tickets at face value and sometimes even less and they are not selling! I don't know what to do anymore! :-(

Please dont take the observation I made as some negative commentary on the band. Its not. :) I know tons of people love 'em, (including me).

I agree, there are many factors impacting this tours ticket resells. GA's always go easier than seated tickets. Im certainly selling my seated tickets at FV & have decided to even eat some of the fees. In my personal experience, it just seems more challenging this time around. During the other tours, my extras flew out of my hands by way of both fan sites and ebay. For this tour, Ive already posted 2x on ebay at face value with no takers-not even watchers. Though perhaps ebay has also changed over the past few years. My only point I suppose is that I personally have noticed a difference. Or I just have been really lucky previously. :)

In listing my extra tickets for Boston 1 & 2 in several locations, I am amazed to see the amount of tickets out there still trying to be sold. The market seems inundated with them. Am I crazy or do I foresee several empty seats at these shows? (Of course not drastic enough to be noticable probably, but still... the demand is nothing like when they toured the smaller arenas!)

I think there are some that bought tickets months ago and considered that they'd have the money to travel, as not everyone has shows in the city or state they live in, and as showtime draws near - they might not be able to make the trip after all... especially if they or a family member has had a layoff before or since the ticket sales and haven't found a new income source.

Thank goodness that isn't my dilemma but I know of a half dozen that have gone through that.

Back
Top Bottom