Anyone else gonna stay "clean"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
I followed as many of the setlist parties as I could during the Euro leg but now that it's getting closer to 'my' shows, I think I'm going to try to avoid looking at the setlists, concert reviews, etc.

I want to be a little bit surprised by what they play and I don't want information overload / U2 burnout. Don't know if I can do it, as I still have until October 12th to wait but I'm gonna try.

Anyone else?

:hmm: I'm wondering how many ppl will look at this thinking it's a thread about drinking/doing drugs at a show...

I am expecting leg 1 and 2 to remain pretty much identical. There might be one or two new changes, but I am not going to expect it to happen. So, I'll be following the game as it goes. However, I will be going into "rehab" come October 1st. No listening to U2 until I see them 28 days later. By then, I'll surely explode. :wink:

I followed as many of the setlist parties as I could during the Euro leg but now that it's getting closer to 'my' shows, I think I'm going to try to avoid looking at the setlists, concert reviews, etc.

I want to be a little bit surprised by what they play and I don't want information overload / U2 burnout. Don't know if I can do it, as I still have until October 12th to wait but I'm gonna try.

Anyone else?

eh...um...back to your original post zooey....

I was just thinking about that. It will be so hard not to join the first Chicago setlist party...I'm thinking of just doing that one then staying clean up til my show :wink:

I hope I can do it.

Going back to the inital question, my answer is no. I have already been to 3 shows, so it won't be a spoiler for me. I agree with whoever said that set will probably be identical to the first leg

I was on the road during the Euro leg, so I still have no real idea what the setlists were. I think I'm going to try to avoid them for the weeks between the opening show and my shows in late October. I'm going to try anyway. We'll see what happens.

Its a tough call. A part of me wants to stay clean...and the other part of me knows its going to want to get all dirty !!

Maybe Ill check into the first couple to see if there is anythign major difference, but then remain clean.

I 'stayed' clean for the Euro leg. When i finally got to see them in Sheffield and Cardiff it was well worth the wait! Especially when it got to the first song in the encore (don't wanna spoil it for anyone whose still going cold turkey haha!)

I thought this was about drugs hahah...actually, this might be a good idea...I basically followed all the Euro setlist parties, but I'll definitely consider this as Vegas approaches :drool:

Yeah, I don't expect any real surprises in the set list - I guess it was more about U2 burnout. And, yeah, that Chicago setlist party is going to be mighty tempting - AND it's the only Saturday night between now and the Dallas show that I don't have anything going on. :hmm:
Must. Stay. Strong.

I've done it!

I stayed away from setlists since Nice, and haven't watched any boots unless they were one-of-a-kind events like the three guys brought onto the stage in Berlin.
I'm even trying to cut down on listening to them, but it's not easy.

EIGHT MORE SLEEPS!:hyper:

Birdlover

I've looked at youtube videos, but that's it. I'd say I've listened to just over half of the songs on the setlist.

I won't be staying pure the 2nd leg though. :lol:

I didn't do it for the first leg, because I didn't think I would get to see them in Zagreb (it didn't take away anything from the show because I had no idea about the visuals and I didn't hear any bootlegs/mp3s). And even with that a local magazine published a list of all the songs played the week before the show so avoiding the 'net wouldn't have helped necessarily.

This time I plan to avoid the setlists and staying out of the tour section (and not visiting any other U2 sites). I plan to be clean and surprised should I see them on the Euro leg next year, with 2 US legs (and possibly even Aussie/Kiwi leg) and Songs of ascent release in between...

Anyone else?

i'm thinking the exact same thing, i've looked at each set on u2gigs, but when/if/when/if/when/if we get a tour, i won't follow sets i don't think.

my first show are the NY ones, so I am going to avoid everything until then. I officially go on hiatus next week!

I've avoided setlists since the tour started and only know the first two songs. I've been a good boy - no torrent downloads, no Youtube, I even averted my eyes from the Blackberry commercials.

:drool::drool::drool:

Gonna watch them in Charlottesville on (10/01/2009)

I will ONLY follow the first concert of the 2nd Leg of this tour, Chicago, (09/12/2009)

After that, zero YouTube, zero Interference, zero U2tours.com...

...that is until the moment that I am driving towards the Stadium when I will pop in my U2 CD with a mix of their best songs, all for the sole purpose, of quickly exposing my family which will accompany me to the concert, and give them a taste of the songs that they might hear LIVE later on that night...

...so that they can later say, "oh yeah, I remember this song which Ricky played to us earlier on in the van"...

I thought this was about not drinking at the Vegas show and what not:lol:

I've never really got to go through the setlist for the first leg the sites etc never worked for me, than I was watching videos from the shows a couple people sent me than I started to burn out which is bad.

I got until October 20th I'm gonna try my hardest to not to go into the setlist and I have school myself to keep going as well.

I do post videos with my countdown on my facebook and what not for my show but haven't really posted ones from this tour.

Yeah, I don't expect any real surprises in the set list - I guess it was more about U2 burnout. And, yeah, that Chicago setlist party is going to be mighty tempting - AND it's the only Saturday night between now and the Dallas show that I don't have anything going on. :hmm:
Must. Stay. Strong.

Dan and I will call you repeatedly throughout the Chicago shows to spoil all suprises :wink:

Back
Top Bottom