Anyone dream about the tour yet? I did!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vthatcher

The Fly
For about the last 1/2 hour of my sleep this morning I was dreaming about the Vegas presale. I dreamt the whole stage setup, ticket sale, etc!

In my dream the stage was ginormous-so ginormous that there were actually seats and cocktail tables ON the stage. For $250 you could have a seat right next to where the guys were playing. Then there was the GA area, and behind that the regular seats. However, the B stages were actually in the midst of the regular seats in a bit of a pit. One of the B Stages had a baby grand piano and a stool with a mic which in my dream I knew were for Bono and the Edge. The seats right around that stage were armchairs and super cush. The only thing was that the Crab was not there. I remember thinking to myself-but how will I know where the crab legs will be and why isn't it here yet? Then in my mind I thought-oh, well, of course it's not here yet-it can only be at one stadium at a time and this concert isn't until October!

For the presale everybody was at the stadium an hour or so before it started and we were all frantically running around writing down the seat #s that we wanted. People would run up and sit in the chair that they wanted but I was flitting from chair to chair trying to figure out what would be best. I was thinking to myself-are the $250 seats worth it? Or should I just get $95 seats?

For the actual ticket sale-I had to line up at this tiny office with only 2 people working. They would call you in one by one and I was 3rd in line. The lady called me in then started asking me all these questions about my credit history! (I think this was due to the Verified by Visa discussion in the Vegas Pre-sale forum, ha!) I remember sitting there sweating with anxiety thinking to myself-shut up lady and just get me my tickets! I also remember thinking-dang it-I should've had a friend calling on the phone too!

That's right around when I woke up so I don't even know if I got the seats I wanted! Sheesh-I cannot WAIT until the presale is over this morning! :doh:

That is a cool dream. Sucks you woke before you found out what tickets you got

:lol:

That's so cool, and also so typical for a situation like that. I have dreams like this all the time, and they are always very chaotic. I had the strangest dreams around the album release and when the ticket sale for the tour started. There's always a lot of stress and strange things going on. I'm sure there will be more dreams with the tour approaching.

I had a dream (nightmare) that the 'red zone' was a really small area, far from the stage with a few folding chairs and a big curtain partially blocking the view. That was the week I was bidding in the auction and was a little stressed about it! :lol:

before the general sale for toronto i had many dreams of how i would turn on the computer and eneter passwords etc. i could not sleep was up at 4 so i said my prayers. haha i got my tickets no u2 dreams since

Before the first presale I had anxiety dreams. Then last week I had a concert dream... very weird venue. I was painting my nails when the band came on stage...

I was having weird waking dreams about the presale for Vegas.

I took some heavy-duty allergy meds last night before bed and then got the twitchy knees and couldn't sleep, so I kept coming in and out of sleep and those kind of weird fever dreams, where my mind wouldn't shut off. I kept thinking I was online and reading about people's experiences with the presale.

Note to self: no more Zyrtec-D in the evening, plz. :crack:

Awsesome...glad to know I'm not the only one whose subconscious is U2 obsessed...oh and by the way the dream had a happy ending...I got my Vegas GAs this morning! Although now that I see actual pictures of the stadium I'm kind of wishing I would've stuck with the seats I pulled up. Oh well!

:ohmy: I just had a dream like that last night!!

I was in GA zone, got the place I wanted, front rail, my friends were there too, we were waiting for hours (in my dream I knew we'd been waiting for hours) and then, when u2 was about to come to the stage.... I had to go to the bathroom!!! :reject: I remember how desperate I felt because I knew that once the band were on stage I couldn't go back to my place....:sad:

oh my gosh-that would be a nightmare! So, did you have to go really bad when you woke up? :lol:
I'm usually a small bladder type, but miracles happen during U2 concerts and somehow in the past I've survived through the whole opening band AND U2 without going or needing to go once. Let me just say it was a quick run to the bathroom after the concert was over though!

I always have crazy U2 dreams, especially around tour times. Nothing lately so I figured I would share an older one with you all.

In the dream I was at a U2 show with my husband. We were early and sitting in the stands while they were still setting up. After a little bit, a man came up to me (with a clip board) and said it was my turn.
I went backstage with him, and into Bono's dressing room. There I gushed to Bono about how U2 music has been with me throughout my life, gotten me through some tough times etc. After a while he told me my time was up. As I was leaving, and thanking him some more, Bono said "No problem, that's what therapists are for..."

Yep, Bono (and U2 music) IS my therapy...

Usually my U2 dreams are that they're playing a concert at some really tiny club or bar, and I'm right there in front ... but I don't have my contacts or glasses, and things are fuzzier than normal, so while they're there, I can't see a damned thing! :lol:

I've had dreams like that at least twice. So weird.

Usually my U2 dreams are that they're playing a concert at some really tiny club or bar, and I'm right there in front ... but I don't have my contacts or glasses, and things are fuzzier than normal, so while they're there, I can't see a damned thing! :lol:

I've had dreams like that at least twice. So weird.

i have had a couple like that too, except I am waiting for someone like my mother to show up, and in jeopardy of missing some songs or losing a good spot. and since it is my mother I don't want to blow her off

what is weird (and kind of cool) is a lot of us seem to have the same themed dreams...

:ohmy: I just had a dream like that last night!!

I was in GA zone, got the place I wanted, front rail, my friends were there too, we were waiting for hours (in my dream I knew we'd been waiting for hours) and then, when u2 was about to come to the stage.... I had to go to the bathroom!!! :reject: I remember how desperate I felt because I knew that once the band were on stage I couldn't go back to my place....:sad:

I had the same exact dream!!!! :ohmy:

I had a dream that me and my friend had to run all the way to Norman, Oklahoma to get to the show. We had to stay in a hotel that looked just like my grandparents' old house that burned down. We tried to get to the concert, but we were late and the band were using the PopMart stage for some reason. When we got close, we found out it was cancelled because Bono thought that the air was too smoky for singing.

I must have U2 on the brain because I had 2 cool but frustrating dreams about the tour too. I think the same night but can't remember.

1) My dad and I were going to see the show, somewhere with a huge field like Woodstock but even bigger. My dad hates U2 and would never go to a concert, but he was there anyway. And so I saw the stage and it was HUUUGEEE! Like if you have seen Wall-E when the big spaceship lands on the dead Earth... it was that big. And the spider legs (crab legs, whatever) were made of these huge bricks, like brick walls. :huh: And so we found our seat and of course it was right behind one of the huge brick wall legs, the actual chair was touching the spider leg it was that bad. So we got up and moved around through the crowd so security wouldnt see us, and got to a set of chairs right next to the stage. Of course as soon as U2 was going to come on, I woke up. :angry:

2) Another concert, but in a stadium, I think it was Edison Field where the Angels play. All I remember is being in nosebleeds and seeing the start of the concert. The stage was covered in a giant white sheet (probably because of the Magnificent music video) And it showed images and movies projected on it while we waited. Then the intro music started over the PA system (forgot, maybe magnificent) and people screamed. The sheet became translucent but no lights were turned off, so we could see the band come out like during Elevation. Then they started playing Streets and after the intro the curtain dropped like during their Superbowl performance, and all the GA crowd was jumping all over and people made a mosh pit at the very front. :lol: It was epic, but then it ended.

One of the B Stages had a baby grand piano and a stool with a mic which in my dream I knew were for Bono and the Edge.

RedRocksU2 posted in the Vegas thread that he dreamed Fiona Apple was announced as the opener at the last minute - maybe the piano was hers!

Oh yeah, I've had my fair share of weird and wonderful U2 concert dreams! :ohsnap: *new smiley!*
The most vivid one I remember was just before the pre-sale of the Vertigo tour, my friend was going to buy tickets for us to U2s Copenhagen gig, and just a few nights before, I had this dream of us walking up a flight of stairs leading to the seats way up on the left hand side of the stage, and after mayhem that was the Vertigo pre-sale, (It took us three days of being locked out of the pre-sale site, several phone calls to Denmark and getting a new code etc., before we finally got our tickets! :crack: ), that's exactly where we ended up! :ohmy:

This time round I took the resposiblility of buying tickets and again I had a dream couple of nights before the start of the pre-sale, of us being crushed in the crowd right by the stage! :hyper: And I got the 3 GAs I wanted for the Berlin show. But we'll have to wait and see just how close we actually get to the stage!! :sexywink:

Ok, I had the weirdest dream the other night. I was getting to the venue at 6:00, yet got into the very front row. It was inside an arena and the stage was boring. Black and very bland. So I left to look around the other parts of the venue and I was then outside and the whole thing was on some sort of ferry. There was a separate ferry where the gig would be played and another one I stepped onto to look around. There was a big wall that kinda blocked the view for people standing there. The thing is, it was like segregation. Anyone who was a huge fan of Larry was put there. :ohmy: (Sorry Larry fans! :lol: ) So the concert started up and everyone on that ferry was livid because they couldn't see a damn thing! So I skedaddled over to my own ferry and decided not to get caught up in the madness. I can't remember what song U2 was playing. At the end of the song, a member here, Edge_Orchestra, was suddenly behind me. We talked a bit about Edge's guitars and our guitars. U2 left the stage while this happened. All except for Edge. He seemed to be tuning up his Music Rising guitar. He wasn't even wearing his black beanie. It was a beanie, but it was like, rainbow colored. :lol: Then a band called Evanescence came onstage (which is weird cuz they're kind of a metal band. :ohmy: ) They played Wake Me Up Inside cuz I remember the guy screaming "Wake me up!!!" every five seconds. :crack: :lol: So Edge was tuning up for their guitarist!!! I turned around and looked about in confusion and suddenly saw that my best friend was behind me singing every word of the song. :crack: I was like, "Oh my God, why are you here?!" She hates U2. :lol:
Then I had to pee and lost my spot like the end of my other U2 tour related dream. :|

Just had another U2 dream last night...I dreamt I was at the Rose Bowl, but it was a month or so before the concert. However, a ton of people were there already including a lot of Interference members. I remember saying-wow, we are all such crazy fans that we are here sooo early! The Rose Bowl was tiny...GA area even smaller so every seat was a good seat. I was sitting in the seats with a friend and then i was walking around meeting other Inteference folks. I remember there was a girl talking to someone and I said to myself-oh my gosh, that's Sicy!

Some of us were looking at the stage setup which was pretty small, but we noticed there was a circular section that rotated. I remember turning to a guy and going-mmhmmm, it DOES rotate.

Suddenly, U2 was on stage practicing and I was down on the field running up to the side of the stage. I ended up right by the side of the stage and Bono came over and held my hand while he was singing. When he let it go I ran over to the front of the stage and he had just finished singing a song where he had pulled a girl up onstage and she was getting back into the crowd next to me. He turned and looked at me and acknowledge that he remembered me and held out his hand again. That's when I woke up.
:cute:

I was sitting in the seats with a friend and then i was walking around meeting other Inteference folks. I remember there was a girl talking to someone and I said to myself-oh my gosh, that's Sicy!

:giggle:

I just now woke up from a dream where I was going to a NY U2 show with a friend. We got to the GA line the day before and were number 130 and 131. I was so mad! Lauramullen was there too and she had her tent and sleeping bag and was set to camp out. I debated on bringing my son's Shrek sleeping bag and camping out too but really wanted to go back to Boston for a few hours to get a shower before the show. My friend decided it was all not worth it and left. I forget the rest.

i had a dream about 3 weeks ago that U2 played at my old elementary school gym. i don't remember much, but these were the first 3 songs they opened with:

Beach Sequence
Dirty Day
Saturday Night

Good Lord!!! you poor guys...:lol:

I never dream something, luckily! :crack:

Why luckily? Anna, you're missing out big time, seriously. :lol:

I LOVE dreams, and I usually dream a lot. I even write my dreams down. Some of them are really weird, some scary, some a little chaotic, some of them just plain funny.

Sadly I don't have many U2 dreams, I would like to have more of them, but I guess you cannot influence that.

I've had some really inspiring, beautiful dreams that I wouldn't want to miss.

I hope there will be some more U2 dreams with the tour approaching. I can't wait for them.

I had a dream last night about the tour.

I was walking around outside of Soldier Field in Chicago before the September 13th gig...I was wearing a sweatshirt, jeans and my white tennis shoes, smoking a fag. The night was hot as hell. The sky a dark ocean blue. All of a sudden, up strolls Mr. The Edge! With a bottle of Jim Beam in hand! He tells me he wants to have a few "pre-concert" shots of whiskey with me. We're pounding shots and holding hands and skipping around the GA line. 'Avin a laff. Nobody notices that it's Edge. I'm shooting the shit with him and I request for the band to play "Famous In A Small Town" at the gig. The Edge claimed he had never heard of the song but promised that they'd try to snippet it during "Bad"

Next thing I know, the bottle of whiskey is empty and the Edge is passed out. I had literally drunk the Edge under the table! (Some of the fans had set up a picnic table near the GA line and Edge was passed out underneath it)

"Fuck!", I exclaim. What have I done? The gig starts in an hour and the guitar player is unconscious!

Who decides to come to my aid? Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf, of course! Like two well-coiffed beacons of light, Queen B and the MotherChucker walk towards me and tell me that everything will be alright. Chuck knows all of The Edge's guitar parts and Blair claims she can take over on backing vocals.

The show goes on without a hitch...and Chuck's revamped and triumphant guitar solo in "New Year's Day" gets a bigger scream form the crowd than anything Edge would have done all night. As the concert ends, I hear people whispering "Who's the new guitarist? He's far too young and good-looking to be in this band, isn't he? I think I might actually like U2 now."

Then I started making out with Blair on the car ride home but I woke up.

Back
Top Bottom