All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can ONLY pick up red zone on the day of the event. NOT before.

Or if it's like DC, you can pick up RZ tix the day prior to the show as well. The instructions regarding this were sent out a few days before the DC show.

I have a question for people who attended the Rose Bowl Red Zone. Did you all receive your follow up email after the show that included the photo gift of the claw from the show? Not the Ticketmaster email survey, I received that one, but the other one with the photo I didn't get. Can someone post the photo here? I'd like to see it! :)

What do you need to show to pick up the ticket or braclet at will call on day of show? Credit card? ID? I want to bid on Denver but there is a chance I may have to cancel (I live in Atlanta) and I may need to fed ex whatever is needed to pick up the ticket/bracelt to my Denver friends so I don't eat the $.

Thanks.

In Pasadena I just showed my ID, they had all the RZ envelopes already categorized by first letter of your last name. So the tellers are looking mainly at the last name. They shouldn't have a huge reason to be inspecting the picture on your ID.

Just send your liscense (and cc to be safe) and have your friend not shave for a couple days and wear a hat, and pretend to be you...Don't have him say I'm picking these up for my friend, that sounds like it may b a problem...

Unless there is some huge difference in the way you guys look you should be okay. If there is a problem tell your friend not to make a big deal and just go back a half hour later to a different window. It's hard to believe the tellers are going to be inspecting his face and the ID too closely (they have no reason to believe he is not you) especially if they are busy...

You may want to tell him to leave enough time before U2 comes on to try a couple times just in case there is an issue. The busier the window is the easier it should be for your friend though.

If he goes real early in the day when its light and there is no line it may be riskier (especially if you guys look alot different). Remember U2 doesn't come on till roughly 9 PM so he has plenty of time to go to the window when its totally dark out..

Good luck, let us know what happens...

trey-- something else that may help... have your friend bring another friend in line. when he gets to the window tell him to just talk casually with his friend the whole time, this way the teller barely sees your friend directly in the eye. prob not even neccessary but couldn't hurt...

Or if it's like DC, you can pick up RZ tix the day prior to the show as well. The instructions regarding this were sent out a few days before the DC show.

are you sure you aren't confusing DC with Charlottesville? We picked up Charlottesville early, but couldnt get DC until 3pm on the night of the show

are you sure you aren't confusing DC with Charlottesville? We picked up Charlottesville early, but couldnt get DC until 3pm on the night of the show

That might be the case. In June, they had sent an email (with no city mentioned), saying "* ADVANCE PICKUP - (RED) Zone tickets will be available the day before the show for advance for pickup at the venue box office from noon -- 6PM. ". Then they sent a second email a few days before the shows.

This has probably already been answered somewhere, but I had a question about Red Zone tickets. I am thinking about bidding on tickets for Chicago 2010, and it says right now the minimum bid is $130. My question is...if it says the minimum bid is $130, and I bid $130 will I get a ticket when the auction closes, or is $130 the minimum, but winning a ticket might be at $200 right now? Thanks, and if this has been answered anywhere, please send me to the right place.

This has probably already been answered somewhere, but I had a question about Red Zone tickets. I am thinking about bidding on tickets for Chicago 2010, and it says right now the minimum bid is $130. My question is...if it says the minimum bid is $130, and I bid $130 will I get a ticket when the auction closes, or is $130 the minimum, but winning a ticket might be at $200 right now? Thanks, and if this has been answered anywhere, please send me to the right place.

The minimum bid rises over time. So if the final minimum bid is $200, your current bid (which you can raise any time) must be at least $200, although some people have won with $5 below the minimum. It's best to be a little over the minimum bid though, because in some auctions, the bids rise quickly near the end. TM's website has a pretty extensive description of how their auctions work.

Oh cripes. In my post-presale depression, I bid on the Red Zone for NJ and am still winning. I figured I wouldn't pull any GAs, even though I just did. Oh boy. :lol:

I'm not raising my bid right now, but already the minimum is starting to go up. To anyone really wanting to win, definitely expect to pay close attention to the auction in the final hours. My mom did it last time and said she had to keep increasing her bid by increments of 5 (like, 3 times in order to still be "winning", whatever that means) in the last 15 minutes. Good luck to you all, I kind of hope I'm outbid right now, oy. :doh: :lol:

Oh cripes. In my post-presale depression, I bid on the Red Zone for NJ and am still winning. I figured I wouldn't pull any GAs, even though I just did. Oh boy. :lol:

I'm not raising my bid right now, but already the minimum is starting to go up. To anyone really wanting to win, definitely expect to pay close attention to the auction in the final hours. My mom did it last time and said she had to keep increasing her bid by increments of 5 (like, 3 times in order to still be "winning", whatever that means) in the last 15 minutes. Good luck to you all, I kind of hope I'm outbid right now, oy. :doh: :lol:
If you win RZ, can I buy your GAs? :wink:

How much did the NJ RZ go for on the last leg?

If you win RZ, can I buy your GAs? :wink:

How much did the NJ RZ go for on the last leg?

heh, aw I wish I could say yes! I was talking to my mom a few minutes ago (who's a huge fan) and she said that she's going to do the Red Zone with my brother (who has some health issues and can't do the serious queueing of regular GA). So it looks like I'll be the one taking the regular GAs.

:hug: Hey, but I'll keep you informed if anything changes!! :wave:

heh, aw I wish I could say yes! I was talking to my mom a few minutes ago (who's a huge fan) and she said that she's going to do the Red Zone with my brother (who has some health issues and can't do the serious queueing of regular GA). So it looks like I'll be the one taking the regular GAs.

:hug: Hey, but I'll keep you informed if anything changes!! :wave:
Thanks. Congratulations on your spectacular luck! :hug:

Looks like all of the redzone auctions are starting to creep upwards.

Yeah, I'm worried that Anaheim sellling out so quickly means that Red Zone tix are going to be very pricey for Anaheim. I was hoping they would end up more in the range of Oakland or the first Rose Bowl auction - otherwise I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether to go for RZ this time! (Well, at least high ticket prices are good for the charity [trying to think magnanimously here]. . . . )

Yeah, I'm worried that Anaheim sellling out so quickly means that Red Zone tix are going to be very pricey for Anaheim. I was hoping they would end up more in the range of Oakland or the first Rose Bowl auction - otherwise I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether to go for RZ this time! (Well, at least high ticket prices are good for the charity [trying to think magnanimously here]. . . . )

I bet they wait to announce the 2nd show until after the Red Zone auction closes. It's up to $210 now and the backstage experience is $1655 :eek:

Those backstage ticket prices are unbelievable. You could almost follow the band around for half the leg of the tour for that much money. :huh:

I am half concidering going for RedZone in Philly or Montreal

SMB
:hmm: Is Montreal going to be at Olympic Stadium, or is there still a chance that it'll be at the race course? If it's at the horse track, then the majority of tickets will be GA for that show and the whole GA ordeal will be insane. If it's at the Hippodrome, then Montreal would probably be an excellent show to have Red Zone tickets for.

Yeah Anaheim 1 is getting ugly :(

(Although I still think a RZ ticket is worth $250, I think by the time the auction ends tomorrow it will be much higher)

closing in on the finish line, about 12 hours to go--

Red Zone
Anaheim - $255
Chicago - $150
Denver - $155
Miami - $190
New York - $180

backstage
Anaheim - $2,005
Chicago - $1,005
Denver - $1,280
Miami - $1,225