All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always the Interference "What Do You Have/What Do You Want" forum here.

Already done that one.

I checked StubHub but they are a US based service and weren't too keen on handling my tickets (send them to us in advance and we'll sell them - what? for this Friday? :huh: )

Any idea how long it takes TM to contact about the tickets? Want to be sure I've got them before I sell my other ones!

I got an email immediately after the auctions in US, but if I recall correctly the notifications weren't that way for the UK, Dublin auctions.

I guess the other place to check is your order history.

My email came through about an hour after the auction finished here in the UK. You could check your Ticketmaster order history and see if it is showing up there...

Last edited:
Tried the order history but no luck. Can't see any reason for it to not work, put in £100 when the minimum bid was £95 so should be safe.

Already done that one.

I checked StubHub but they are a US based service and weren't too keen on handling my tickets (send them to us in advance and we'll sell them - what? for this Friday? :huh: )

Ebay is always an option. Quite a few on offer here so put my (now spare) GA's for Friday up for face + fees. They sold in under a minute - I always do a search to make sure I haven't messed up the listing, took me a few minutes to realise I couldn't find them because they already had a buyer!

It looks like TM is doing 3-4 day Red Zone auctions again for Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff.
I think we'll see more of these second auctions for the smaller cities in the US.

It looks like TM is doing 3-4 day Red Zone auctions again for Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff.
I think we'll see more of these second auctions for the smaller cities in the US.

With them doing 2nd auctions for Dublin & London I guess we'll see them for most - if not all - venues (unless they made a late decision to increase capacity in them in these venues).

With them doing 2nd auctions for Dublin & London I guess we'll see them for most - if not all - venues (unless they made a late decision to increase capacity in them in these venues).

Oh - I didn't know they did it for London as well. I wonder when they made the decision to increase the capacity. One thing I didn't like about the auctions was that they didn't specify the number of spots. So they could have artificially caused the bids to become inflated by limiting the number of spots early on. Now the new spots can be had for a lower price.

Oh - I didn't know they did it for London as well. I wonder when they made the decision to increase the capacity. One thing I didn't like about the auctions was that they didn't specify the number of spots. So they could have artificially caused the bids to become inflated by limiting the number of spots early on. Now the new spots can be had for a lower price.

Only speculating that they might have increased capacity too put more on sale, or it's just the usual late release of tickets that happens for every artist. I thought they originally said 600 tickets per show across the 2 Red Zones. That looked about right in Dublin (approx 300 in there).

Close

So how close are the new auctions to the show dates?

Well London 1 closed at 12pm on 11th Aug and show is on 14th so pretty close, love the Red Zone idea but think they should have been upfront on there being more than on auction.

Cheers
Warby

Enough of this Red Zone crap :shifty:

I just got an email from Music Today saying my VIP tickets for Toronto have SHIPPED! They should be here Thursday :hyper:

I'll post details as soon as they arrive. They better be dipped in gold or something :applaud:

Is there any kind of fan action (like that at Chorzow) planned for the Red Zones at Wembley on Friday? Everyone wearing (red) for instance?

Is there any kind of fan action (like that at Chorzow) planned for the Red Zones at Wembley on Friday? Everyone wearing (red) for instance?

eh?
this is london you are talking about!
english reserve...stiff upper lip.. all that bollocks.

if you're lucky a man might throw his pint pot in excitement...

Having been in Chorzow in 2005 when there was a similar "fan event" it seems a shame that the English persist in being such crap audiences :angry:. If Friday sucks I'm going to avoid English concerts in future and restrict my music events to the continent.

Having been in Chorzow in 2005 when there was a similar "fan event" it seems a shame that the English persist in being such crap audiences :angry:. If Friday sucks I'm going to avoid English concerts in future and restrict my music events to the continent.

English crowds for U2 have generally been good, certainly on the tours I've been to London has always thrown up a good one (though not as good as Dublin or this year in Barcelona). Would be nice if we could get some sort of "fan event" going but not like we are the only country that doesn't.

Any suggestions? (Before I resort to sarcasm)

I'm nowhere near creative enough for that :lol: (and way too late now in any case). Maybe next year we can all get our acts together to make something happen in more venues :applaud:

For those wondering about VIP..

I received 2 sets of tickets, 1 for the concert, one for the VIP party. The Toronto VIP party is being held at The Window's restaurant right inside the Rogers Centre. On arrival, you receive a laminate pass, the special gift, and a raffle ticket for the tour. It says to arrive early/before the opening act starts because that is when they will conduct the tour. But they offer no exact time. :crack:

No gold included, but I am very happy to finally have them in hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom