All LIVE NATION Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ticket distributor is determined by the venue, plain and simple. Venues have contracts with distributors. TM has contracts with most arenas in the US, and many of the stadiums. Live Nation actually owns and/or has contracts with a majority of US Ampitheatres. Tickets.com has contracts with just a handful (Buffalo HSBC Arena being one of them).

However, presales CAN be handled by the promotor or even the band, irrespective of the venue, in this case Live Nation. Thus, I would expect Live Nation to handle the presale in the US. The tickets not allocated to the presale would then be sold by the contracted ticketing distributor, likely TM.

Live Nation only recently upgraded its capacity to do full-scale ticket distribution and actually compete with TM, with whom it plans to merge. The merger is currently on hold pending government intervention and hearings.

In sum, expect Live Nation to do the presale and TM to do the general sale, at least for most venues, unless a particular venue does not have a contract with TM or if that contract has expired.

I'm just saying what she told me. She's well aware of the Canadian shows. She simply said tickets will be able to be purchased for US shows via ticketmaster.com. For Canadian dates it'll have to be via livenation or presale as ticketmaster.ca won't be selling them.

But do not take this as gosspel. She could be wrong but she's fairly versed whe it comes to these things. Just passng along info but by all means don't take my word for it 100%. I agree it seems weird.

Okay, sounds reasonable, I always thought they were the same, I have bought hockey tix of ticketmaster.com to a Montreal Canadians hockey game, so I thought you could go the other way....too bad, I don't want to sign up for both sites in case I need to tickets to the Toronto show. It's good to know all this before hand, just in case we need to sign up for more stupid memberships at all these sites (LN, MY LN, TM.COM, TM.CA...on and on, giving away our personal information....lol)

another question

Do I need both a My Tickets and My Live Nation account? Or just My Tickets? And why on earth would they ever split the two? :doh:

another question

Do I need both a My Tickets and My Live Nation account? Or just My Tickets? And why on earth would they ever split the two? :doh:

I think you only need my tickets for purchasing, and my LN for advance tickets/pre-sale codes, better get both just in case though.

Please Please someone help here!! Pulling my hair out!!

Here's my story - big U2 fan all my life, switched onto them in 1979/1980 and caught them 3 or 4 times in the following 10 years. Followed there career over the years (the highs and the lows) but not seen them for some years now live!

Picked up the new album and come to the conclusion the time is right to check them out again live. But here's the thing. Tickets look more difficult to get than AC/DC (which I managed). Not paying U2.com 50bucks for the honour of being called 'Boots' and entering a pre sale 2 days old with shity tickets left (UK dates I am after).

I have trawled these pages for the last 2 weeks for advice and have accounts at Ticketline, Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

But has anybody noticed on the UK Live Nation Site that they offer pre sales to members. I read that as a sale after U2.com and BEFORE GENERAL SALE!

Can anybody clarify this or offer another slant on it. My game plan is at the mo, general sale on the 20th (in case you don't the date) for GA tickets. In less of course this Live Nation pre sale (on livenation.co.uk) pays off!

Any help or wise words very much appreciated - tar

Hi!

I'm a "Breathe" and am planning to buy Ams GA's in the presale but I'm from Mexico City (and live in Mexico City), I have three questions that hopefully those who already bought tkts will be able to answer:
1.- Is there a 'will call' option, to pick up tickets at venue?
2.- If no, do you know if they send tickets all over the world or only Europe/USA
3.- I tried to create a livenation account but it only seems to accept USA/Canada as valid countries (livenation does not exist in Mexico...yet), do I really need to have an account in order to buy tkts?

Thanks a lot!!

Wow um, Live Nation tickets are huge and hideously ugly. :doh:

nodoubttix2.jpg

Ugh, I should just buy tickets in person, if they even do that at Gillette anymore. Whenever I can I buy tickets in person to avoid the ridiculous TM/LN fees.

This may have been answered in another thread but I have yet to see the answer so thought I'd ask it here...do we know yet the ticket prices for the U.S. shows?

Live Nation account

I gather that we will be ordering tickets (including pre-sale) through live nations website and not ticketmaster. Can anyone verify that for sure?

I set up a live nation account with shipping and billing address. I didn't see that they store credit card information, but might have missed something. Was anyone able to store credit card info on live nations site?

Back
Top Bottom