2011 tour rumours/discussion/timothius memorial thread, part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed, there are rumors. There are also poorly-translated posts from other forums, cynical declarations that the album will not be released until 2046, in-jokes, delusions, and utter madness.

Truly, WTAHNN - not PLEBA, not IO, but WTAHNN - is the most terrifying forum on all of Interference. :crack:

Not to go too far offtopic, but this ain't a forum. It's Amazon.
Neues Album 2011: U2: Amazon.de: Musik

I wonder if anyone can check that item number yet. Google only refers to Amazon itself and various U2 fora.

Guys do I understand the official release correctly:

"Subscribers will be emailed ahead of this presale with more details and unique ticketing codes."

So all subscribers will get new codes for the presale for Moncton?

Sorry if that sounded nerdy but :hyper:

so the code is separate from the normal presale codes we received?

No. It's the same code. So if you've already used your 2011 code, then you don't get a new one.

Indeed - particularly annoyingly even if you renewed last week in response to an email from u2.com offering you renewal for $40 a day before expiry. We just renewed my wife's membership but no new code. Hoping to get it sorted before the next European leg (Ireland :hyper:) is announced. We don't both subscribe to u2.com so we can look at their pretty videos at the same time!

Bonnaroo Music Festival is set for June 9-12 in Tennessee.

U2 have open dates between Oakland and Anaheim from June 8-16.

Coincidence?

Bonnaroo Music Festival is set for June 9-12 in Tennessee.

U2 have open dates between Oakland and Anaheim from June 8-16.

Coincidence?

A festival built around the jamband music scene? The only time Edge changes his guitar solos from night to night are called "mistakes".

That weekend is also the Tony(?) Awards for Broadway shows. Bono and Edge will be getting their shmooze on and buttering up critics.

A festival built around the jamband music scene? The only time Edge changes his guitar solos from night to night are called "mistakes".

Bonnaroo 2010 featured:

Jay-Z
Kings of Leon
Stevie Wonder
Flaming Lips
The Dead Weather
Nas
Kid Cudi
Jimmy Cliff
LCD Soundsystem
Darryl Hall with Chromeo
Phoenix
The National
Norah Jones
Mumford & Sons
Tori Amos

2009 Bonnaroo was:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Beastie Boys
Nine Inch Nails
David Byrne
Al Green
Snoop Dogg
Elvis Costello
Erykah Badu
Paul Oakenfold
Ben Harper and Relentless7
The Mars Volta
TV on the Radio
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Merle Haggard
MGMT

Not many jam bands on those lists, are there?

Bonnaroo organizers realized years ago that only booking "jam bands" is a money-loser.
Bonnaroo is now the East Coast version of Coachella.

The Tony Awards are on June 12 in NYC, while Bonnaroo is from June 9-12.

The main thing stopping U2 from playing Bonnaroo is their contract with Live Nation. AC Entertainment runs Bonnaroo, not LN, so I'm not sure if U2's contract allows them to play at non-LN festivals (Glasto is a majority-Live Nation event).

Not many jam bands on those lists, are there?

Bonnaroo organizers realized years ago that only booking "jam bands" is a money-loser.
Bonnaroo is now the East Coast version of Coachella.

The Tony Awards are on June 12 in NYC, while Bonnaroo is from June 9-12.

The main thing stopping U2 from playing Bonnaroo is their contract with Live Nation. AC Entertainment runs Bonnaroo, not LN, so I'm not sure if U2's contract allows them to play at non-LN festivals (Glasto is a majority-Live Nation event).

2009 'Roo had Phish headline Friday AND Sunday. There's money to be made there - plus 2011 headlining rumours include FURTHER(Grateful Dead) and My Morning Jacket.

Jay-Z has a similar Live Nation deal, and did non LN festival like 'Roo and Coachella in 2010. Though both were after he'd toured the US, plus he's got a much different asking price than U2. U2 also have a sold out show near by in Nashville a month later, so there's some pro/con arguments of sales cannibalism.

I just don't see any connection between U2 and the festival beyond what's friends Sting and Springsteen may have told Bono. The connection between Glastonbury and u2 is easier to see as that promoter has begged u2 to play since the early 80's. Isn't it McGuinness desire to not have a festival run over by u2 fans, which Glasto 2010 solved by having sold out tickets before u2 was announced.

Then there's the whole claw/no claw issue when all 3 othem will be sitting unused somewhere else int he US that weekend.

BTW, Tony's are a weekend long shmoozathon. Not just 2 hour awards show with a Bono cameo.

Soundchecked from South Africa: Even Better Than The Real Thing (instrumental), GOYB, Magnificent, NLOTH, Kite (acoustic), Vertigo, Zooropa (solo sequence) and I'll Go Crazy

Maybe it was just techs testing out the equipment.

Ah yes, I see its time for the monthly soundcheck of EBTTRT. That sucker's been soundchecked at least a dozen times on this tour now, right? I think it's safe to assume by now that it wasn't the band.

I remember EBTTRT also being rehearsed by techs last year.. :hmm: They seem rather fond of it.

Techs seem to have a liking in 90's U2.

U2 Tech A : Lets see what we can do here.
EBTTRT begins..
U2 Tech B : Nice man, check this out
Zooropa intro
U2 Tech A: Ah yeah, that's what I'm talking about
:edge: : Heh, what song was that?
U2 Tech A & B: :|
:edge: : GIVE ME THAT
(Beautiful Day sequence starts)

Back
Top Bottom