2011 tour rumours/discussion/timothius memorial thread, part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess the Pittsburgh people will kind of feel like the Minneapolis people did! :shrug:

Minni was never advertised as "last" and ticket were bought when it was right after Glasto 2010(probably a gig with visable jetlag). After the dtaes were reschedules it was always known more shows would/could be added.

Biggest ever Canadian show. 3rd-5th biggest venue they've played in North America(Giants 84k, RoseBowl 97, Mexico 100+ and JFK stadium are way up there)

Curious to see if the undercard for Moncton is any stronger than else where or if they "only" get Interpol or Florence.

No idea. It's just strange, I don't recall any press conference held on other shows or I missed something?

I don't know about the USA/Canada shows? But some of the Euro dates, ie. Zagreb, i'm pretty sure had the local promoters giving press conferences to announce the shows. It may be something to do with the actual venues/cities where shows are more uncommon by a big band. A 80,000 crowd in Moncton or Zagreb is THE big event of the summer, in New York or London its just another big show

I don't know about the USA/Canada shows? But some of the Euro dates, ie. Zagreb, i'm pretty sure had the local promoters giving press conferences to announce the shows. It may be something to do with the actual venues/cities where shows are more uncommon by a big band. A 80,000 crowd in Moncton or Zagreb is THE big event of the summer, in New York or London its just another big show

I see. (I meant the US dates announced in the last couple of months).

So the waiting goes on then.

No idea. It's just strange, I don't recall any press conference held on other shows or I missed something?

There wasn't any for (most of) the other shows. But from what I've heard, the date in Moncton is a music festival. With U2 being rumoured as the headliners. So on Monday the promoter of the festival holds a press conference. They might announce U2 as their headliners (or it might be a completely different act) plus probably who else is playing at the festival.

Having a press conference to announce acts for a festival isn't strange at all.

Didn't all 4 members of the band do a little video thing for the Australian tour announcement. Them on the steps of their stage during soundcheck before a European show with Bono holding a stuffed Koala.

Didn't all 4 members of the band do a little video thing for the Australian tour announcement. Them on the steps of their stage during soundcheck before a European show with Bono holding a stuffed Koala.
i remember that. it was actually just before they were meant to go on stage - someone here posted a picture of them shooting it from their position in the crowd.

I'm sure it will not be some kind of festival. It will be a normal 360° show. Maybe with 1 or 2 additional opening acts. The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Bon Jovi also brought their usual stage set-ups and support acts to Moncton and also played the usual setlist.

They could bill it as a festival then U2.com's announcement of Pittsburgh as the last show of the NA 360 tour would still hold true:lol:

I'm sure it will not be some kind of festival. It will be a normal 360° show. Maybe with 1 or 2 additional opening acts. The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Bon Jovi also brought their usual stage set-ups and support acts to Moncton and also played the usual setlist.

If it's Arcade Fire, I am so there.

And the Nashville one too.

I honestly don't mind them keep on adding dates - especially places they haven't visited in a long time, or never. But looks like Atlantic Canada may finally get a U2 show :)

I hope so.. Moncton is about an hours drive from me! Woot! Go NB! :applaud:

Official announcement will be made Monday.. news stations are a buzz, this is everywhere. But I am skeptical, as they have promised U2 before and then gave us Bon Jovi :yuck:

Prices for flights to Moncton are so outrageous.:crack:

Every Canada-bound flight needs to connect out of Toronto.:grumpy:

I'm sure it will not be some kind of festival.

Then there will be no U2 concert. :shrug:
U2 360 Tour News Article from U2tours.com
The iconic rock band U2 will headline a music festival at Moncton's Magnetic Hill outdoor concert venue in the summer, sources have told CBC News.
Concert promoter Donald K. Donald and Live Nation Global Touring will hold a news conference on Monday to announce details of the Magnetic Hill Music Festival for 2011. Live Nation is promoting U2's current world tour.

So the press conference is by the festival organiser.

I just want Arcade Fire to open. I'm already seeing U2 this summer :p
I'm pretty sure that the epic rockitude generated by a U2/Arcade Fire double-bill would be enough to destroy the entire universe.
It'd be totally worth it, though. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Pretty sure the venue is on a hill which wouldn't be compatible with the stage staging. Plus most of the claw "show" would be lost.

Magnetic Hill Concert Site - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stones were a triple bill, by Canadian standards.

Halifax Common - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This other Atlantic Canada venue also had some "festival bills" including the Stones.

Back
Top Bottom