2011 tour rumours/discussion/timothius memorial thread, part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Well found and very exciting news rumour!

Haha, u2Italia.com is saying now too, that U2 will possibly inaugurate that new stadium :lol:

Shame Bucharest is so far from here... well actually it's only 800 km for me but they haven't even got proper motorways :(

Are there any more dates expected for South America?

I want to book my flight for Sao Paolo while the fares are manageable, but would like to tack on a few days at the end for a possible Rio or PA show.

Changing the ticket after booking would negate the savings of booking early

There are rumors in Brazil of a 4th show for Sao Paulo, to happen in between nights 2 and 3, which would mean it would have to happen on April 12, as they won't do 3 nights in a row.

From a financial standpoint, it makes more sense for them to do a 4th show there, on a date where they are already paying the stadium for renting it while their stage sits there, than to transport this stage to another city. They won't draw a bigger crowd in another city than they would for a 4th night at Morumbi and their expenses would be so much lower than if they played in another city.

It makes me laugh. Remember how it felt when Minneapolis lost what was supposed to be the last date? It just keeps going and going.....

:panic:

This is actually not too far from me!! :hyper: But seriously, U2.com...make up your minds and stop confusing us plz.

:: walks through thread ::

:: doesn't see boston ::

:: walks out of thread skipping & whistling ::

I for one am ECSTATIC that there may be a show added in Moncton.

I'm way overdue for a summer trip out east to see the family, for starters.

Secondly, it would likely be the only way I'll get to experience a U2 show with my father, who's never been, and who ain't gettin any younger.

I'm really hoping this is true. REALLY HOPING.

I for one am ECSTATIC that there may be a show added in Moncton.

I'm way overdue for a summer trip out east to see the family, for starters.

Secondly, it would likely be the only way I'll get to experience a U2 show with my father, who's never been, and who ain't gettin any younger.

I'm really hoping this is true. REALLY HOPING.

:cute: I hope it's true then, just for you :up:

Magnetic Hill - It is a gravity hill optical illusion, where the local topography gives the impression that you are going uphill when in fact you are going downhill.:huh:

Magnetic Hill - It is a gravity hill optical illusion, where the local topography gives the impression that you are going uphill when in fact you are going downhill.:huh:

U2 shows can be mind-altering enough without magnetic hills :ohmy:

A very curious rumour. I guess Pittsburgh is still the "last US show" and last show with full production.

What's interesting is that the venue has very little(small platforms for VIP and wheelchairs?) in the way of seating. I think for other shows it was usually a flat priced GA. Stones and ACDC(McCartney too?) did very well there. I think even the Black Eyed Peas show there did business. I wonder how the stage and walkways would look on a hill....

Respect is due for U2 for potentially booking a show in a region they haven't played before. I think another strong seller will occur, mostly because 90% of tours skip the region.

Back
Top Bottom