2011 tour rumours/discussion/timothius memorial thread, part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if U2 had a song or two planned for Egypt. And I wonder if they might have to change those songs based on today's news.

I wonder if U2 had a song or two planned for Egypt. And I wonder if they might have to change those songs based on today's news.

I hear U2 and Egypt. I think Mysterious Ways and belly dancers.

Animation_Music_Belly_Dance.gif

I predict the visuals for SBS to reflect Egypt instead of Iran. No idea how long it would take to make that technical change, and be ready for the first new shows, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Egypt references before or during the song.

Soundchecked from South Africa: Even Better Than The Real Thing (instrumental), GOYB, Magnificent, NLOTH, Kite (acoustic), Vertigo, Zooropa (solo sequence) and I'll Go Crazy

Maybe it was just techs testing out the equipment.

What's the source of this?

And if only EBTTRT was instrumental, then wouldn't that indicate the others had Bono and it wasn't just techs? (Unless, of course, it was taped vocals, which has happened before.)

UV, he Bono did a falsetto part during MW in Frankfurt, and he nailed it perfectly.
So never say never. He has his good days.

As far as I can tell, in the second tweet posted above she says SHE hopes that Kite , Zooropa, EBTTRT, NLOTH and Zooropa are played.
She's Brazillian and a member of this forum.
I don't know for sure but I think she's not in africa right now.
She had tickets for the brazilian show.

The first tweet states that they soundchecked those songs. But as far as I know she is not a direct source.

bono wouldn be able to sing the 'take me higher' bit anymore anyway
well like he used to

Bono wasnt able to hit Wide Awake correct on ZooTV, on 360 tour it hasnt been any problem at all, he sings UV alot better now then on ZooTV. On alot of the 360 shows he has used an incredible falsetto.

But why did Bono use the falsetto on "take me higher" on almost every zootv version, because it was hard for him to hit it in full open voice and Bono is defintly better now on full open voice then he was on the whole zootv tour.

If Bono can hit those notes I have on my 360 best of clip on youtube he can easy hit the take me higher in full open voice.

dont you realise theyve shifted even better than the real thing up to d?

bono would have to hit a high d to sing it in open voice :doh:

its been like that since zootv days :huh:

if you listen to the first zootv gig you will notice that its in A and he sings it open voice of course but he moved it up 4 steps so the verse was more comfortable and he could sing the take me higher bit in falsetto.

as for bad,

have you heard wembley zootv?:wink: clear high c for ages first time round
lovetown hes hitting them well
and even elevation new york he hits it well even though hes voice was shitty at that stage

hes voice has improved greatly now dont get me wrong and yeah ultraviolet is sang better nowadays (the last verse) but i miss the falsetto for the bridge..

he's falsetto was better at popmart than it is now :reject: please come back!

Bono wasnt able to hit Wide Awake correct on ZooTV, on 360 tour it hasnt been any problem at all, he sings UV alot better now then on ZooTV. On alot of the 360 shows he has used an incredible falsetto.

But why did Bono use the falsetto on "take me higher" on almost every zootv version, because it was hard for him to hit it in full open voice and Bono is defintly better now on full open voice then he was on the whole zootv tour.

If Bono can hit those notes I have on my 360 best of clip on youtube he can easy hit the take me higher in full open voice.

Well that is your opinion, of course. I know what I prefer, and that is his ZOO TV voice.

impressive!
but take me higher will be a lot longer and higher to do so im not sure

another thing ive noticed is he doesnt do the 'reah-e-e-each me' falsetto in beautiful day anymore in the last chorus
and he was nailing them in the later part of vertigo tour
saying that i havent listened to HEAPS of 360 shows

just a reminder this thread is about tour rumours. not bono's voice. it's pretty much a known fact that bono's voice will be rather prominent on the tour, after all. :wink: but yeah, :topic:

Wait, Bono is the singer? Shit, all these years I thought it was Adam!

I want tour rumors!!

Who is going to South Africa? I propose that all interference members who will be there are going to ask the crew members about their schedule. We have to know if they are coming to Europe again!!

Pop Artist said:
Strike the Bonnaroo rumors, the lineup has been announced and they are not on it (not that I thought they would be).

Bonnaroo 2011 lineup is here

That's not the final lineup, more acts will be announced, though I hope U2 aren't one of them. I'd like to see them hanging out in California during that 8 day break, maybe do a couple of club shows for local Interference fans.

Back
Top Bottom