2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fantastic....

2 of my favourite acts of all time and i didn't get tickets...

thanks very much for posting that....

that's excellent! rumour also has it that Glastonbury won't be going ahead in 2012 (due to the lack of portaloos which will be going to the London Olympics instead LOL), so 2011 was definitely a good bet for U2...

Prince and U2 are a fab line-up!!

i won't be able to go either sadly lol!!

ETA: also confirmed this minute on Absolute radio - they're also saying Coldplay are a possibility but haven't been confirmed as yet...

I suppose for the start of the new thread, it might be a good idea to sum up all the current rumours. This is off the top of my head - if I've forgotten anything, please add it!

SOUTH AFRICA: February 2011. Promoter says there will be a big announcement on Monday, 18 October at 9am local time and they are using very poorly disguised 360 Tour imagery. Dates may be 2011-02-13, Johannesburg and 2011-02-19, Cape Town.
(Status: All but confirmed.)

SOUTH AMERICA: March and April 2011. Announcement rumoured to be imminent; however, rumours of it being on 13 or 14 October have not come true. Concert dates rumoured to be 2011-03-25 & 26, Santiago, Chile; 2011-03-31 & 2011-04-01, Buenos Aires, Argentina; and 2011-04-07 & 08, Sao Paulo, Brazil, with Muse as opening act.
(Status: Rumours are extremely strong, from many sources. Tour should happen, but where's that announcement?)

NORTH AMERICA: Multiple extra dates are rumoured to be added to the tour schedule. U2.com accidentally "announced" that U2 would play Baltimore on 2011-06-22, then quietly removed it from an otherwise unrelated article. Nashville is rumoured for 2011-07-02. Boston is rumoured with no specific date.
(Status: Baltimore looks certain; Nashville looks likely; Boston, who knows.)

GLASTONBURY: The official line-up, according to the Glastonbury Festival website, won't be announced until the Northern spring. However, U2.com left a whopping great big hint that U2 will be in the 2011 festival line-up.
(Status: Odds are good.)

EUROPE: Rumours have been circulating of the tour ending with a short leg through Europe after the end of the North American leg. There have been specific rumours for a while of U2 playing Aviva Stadium in Dublin to end the tour in October. Latest rumour suggests 10 dates, including Dublin, Belfast, Paris and/or Amsterdam, and 6x UK (although some suggest there has been a bit of confusion and it should be "6x UK - not forgetting Belfast is in the UK!" or "6x UK and Ireland").
(Status: Bit too vague at the moment. Don't hold your breath, but don't dismiss it either. Remember, U2 were reserving stadiums for a 2002 stadium tour to end Elevation, and that never happened.)

ASIA: No rumours. When the Aussie leg was rumoured to be in either Nov/Dec 2010 or early 2011, a corresponding rumour suggested that, if the tour was in early 2011, it would also include dates in South Korea and Japan. Ever since the Aussie leg was confirmed for late 2010 with no associated Asian dates, there have been no further credible rumours of concerts anywhere in Asia.
(Status: Sorry, Asia.)

SLANE & DATES IN 2012: Vague rumours have suggested U2 might play at Slane again, and that there may even be live dates in 2012. No firm details.
(Status: Weak rumour, easily the weakest of the bunch. Don't get excited yet.)

NEW STUDIO MATERIAL: Go blow your brains out here: Where The Album Has No Name - U2 Feedback
(Status: Won't believe it until it's in my hot little hands ... in 2042.)
South Africa: check!
South America: still waiting
North America: Pittsburgh and Winnipeg = partial check! More to come?????
Glastonbury: check!
Europe: still waiting
Asia: good luck
Slane/2012: with a bazillion new albums in the works, anything is possible, just ask Bono
new studio material: the rumors/leaks are getting even more blow-your-brains-out-crazy than ever! Danger Mouse! Songs of Ascent! Wide Awake In Europe! Mercy single! New album in November! Single before Christmas! New Album in February! Spider-Man album! David Guetta! Will.i.am! RedOne! Don't believe any of it until you've got it in your own two hands!

:lol: i thought it was known aaages ago glastonbury was taking a year off to not clash with the olympics!

lmfao! i just heard about it this week - good job i didnt open a whole new thread "breaking news... hey guess what no Glastonbury in 2012!!1111!" lol

:reject:

fantastic....

2 of my favourite acts of all time and i didn't get tickets...

thanks very much for posting that....

Were the tickets sold out before they announced the headlining acts like last year ? It would help keep it at least partially a surprise and less a un-official U2 gig.

due to the lack of portaloos
i read this as lack of potatoes at first
eng99.gif

Prince and U2.

:drool:

: dead: . . . if the boys join Prince on stage for Purple Rain I shall be even : deader: :drool: :combust:

just saw an ad on tv for the second auckland show.

ticketek showing all categories except red zone and $40 seats as available.

bizarre huh - they've been promoting the 2nd Sydney show pretty heavily too on radio with GA's and ticket levels p1 - p5 all listed as available ~ there's also something called p1/p2 bonus ~ no clue what that is???? and there are also a few tickets left for the 13th as well!

:shrug:

Looks like the one show per week announcement schedule is continuing for 2011 North American dates. It's been 3 straight weeks now with one show announced per week. (If you count the 2 Mexico City shows, it pretty much been 5 straight weeks.)

So the question is: what will next week's show be?

Looks like the one show per week announcement schedule is continuing for 2011 North American dates. It's been 3 straight weeks now with one show announced per week. (If you count the 2 Mexico City shows, it pretty much been 5 straight weeks.)

*cough* boston *cough*

Dublin!

It's been twenty nine years since they last played Nashville, TN but next July U2 are bringing the 360° Tour to the city's Vanderbilt Stadium.

This latest additional show for next year's North America tour will take place on July 2nd 2011 and special guests on the night will be Florence and the Machine.

Tickets for the show ($30, $55, $95 & $250) go on sale to the general public this coming Friday, Oct. 29th but U2.com subscribers can enter a special advance PRESALE beginning TOMORROW, TUESDAY, October 26th (10am local) and running until Thursday, October 28th (3pm local).
Thank you u2.com for your once again super fast response. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom