2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth-Vader-No.jpg

Outstanding. That St Louis rumor has been brewing for more than a year! Add that one to my list of shows next summer!

So it looks to be a 4.5 hour drive between St. Louis and Memphis. It would be a no brainer if it were Sat. Sunday might be pushing it. Still, since I don't think they will be hitting SD or Vegas for another local-ish show. :hmm:

I say do it and just totally fall asleep at your conference. That will go over wonderfully. :D

With St. Louis there is no room for Boston now. There is a 9 day gap between Oakland and Anaheim which will probably be either San Francisco, San Diego, or Portland, or possibly another Vegas show? They could fit 2 shows in there. Between Mexico City and Denver there is a 5 day gap which Texas or New Orleans could be a good candidate there.

Are there even any stadiums in Portland? It would have to be Eugene, wouldn't it? I thought after Popmart, Eugene was putting the ix-nay on more stadium shows.

At least from those noisy Irish bastards.

After the sellout in Nashville today, they need to add another show in the southern part of the country.

Maybe another Arizona date? If the new album is out by then and is a hit they could possibly make a go of it in Phoenix again although it wasn't a quick sellout in '09. At least the claw fits.

Are there even any stadiums in Portland? It would have to be Eugene, wouldn't it? I thought after Popmart, Eugene was putting the ix-nay on more stadium shows.

At least from those noisy Irish bastards.

keeping my fingers crossed for Eugene! There's a Div. II stadium in Portland, and of course there's Corvallis, but none are as nice as Uncle Phil's house in Eugene. That show would draw from Oregon, Idaho and NorCal, so it would work. I know they had the noise issues before, but Eugene is not the only city to fine U2, and U2 has returned to other cities where they got fined before.

Just thought I'd update the rumour mill:

South America: Rumours are as strong as ever, and if anything are getting stronger. U2 will hit the usual cities of Santiago, Buenos Aires, and Sao Paulo (probably in that order) in March/April 2011, and a new rumour suggests they will also visit Porto Alegre. Announcement in the first two weeks of November?
(Status: Tour itself should happen. We keep getting teased with rumours of when the announcement will be, so don't take it too seriously.)

Baltimore: 22 June 2011, date accidentally leaked on U2.com. Announcement rumoured to be this Monday or next.
(Status: Lookin' good.)

St Louis: 17 July 2011. Announcement rumoured to be this Monday or next, i.e. it may be announced with Baltimore or they will be in consecutive weeks.
(Status: Lookin' good too.)

Boston: Only gap it could feasibly fit in was between 14 and 20 July, and St Louis looks like it has taken that spot. U2 will be on the other side of the continent during other gaps in the tour itinerary, making a Boston gig logistically difficult/impossible.
(Status: Lookin' bad. Really bad.)

Elsewhere in North America: No specific rumours, but there are gaps, especially a huge gap between Oakland and Anaheim during which two gigs could conceivably be scheduled. The relevant gaps are:
Mexico City, 15 May --> Denver, 21 May
Salt Lake City, 24 May --> Winnipeg, 29 May (a show is very unlikely in this gap, as there would be only one day of full downtime between one gig and the next, and in all but one case, U2 are allowing at least 2 full days on this leg)
Oakland, 7 June --> Anaheim, 17 June

Anywhere else: Rumours unchanged from my post on the first page of this thread. Defer to that post.

Boston: Only gap it could feasibly fit in was between 14 and 20 July, and St Louis looks like it has taken that spot. U2 will be on the other side of the continent during other gaps in the tour itinerary, making a Boston gig logistically difficult/impossible.

Story of my frigging life lately. :sad:

St Louis: 17 July 2011. Announcement rumoured to be this Monday or next, i.e. it may be announced with Baltimore or they will be in consecutive weeks.
(Status: Lookin' good too.)

I'm stoked about St. Louis, as it could be the only show that I could afford to go to next year. But isn't the Gateway City one of the band's weakest markets? I heard that they had problems selling out the Vertigo show there.

And, after Pittsburgh, maybe they could finish off the NA leg in Foxboro? I mean- They ended the first NA leg of Popmart there.

I'm stoked about St. Louis, as it could be the only show that I could afford to go to next year. But isn't the Gateway City one of the band's weakest markets? I heard that they had problems selling out the Vertigo show there.

And, after Pittsburgh, maybe they could finish off the NA leg in Foxboro? I mean- They ended the first NA leg of Popmart there.

According to U2.com, Pittsburgh is the final show of the NA leg. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom