2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a rumor of U2 playing in Porto Alegre, Brazil, on 04/21/2011

Seems like a large gap in between the other rumored S. American shows and this one unless everything is moving a little later. Wasn't going to hit Sao Paulo, but if there was a Porto Alegre show(s) then I might consider it...

I expected add. shows for Texas and Atlanta but now I suppose it's all about Boston. (Baltimore is for sure) Will they put Boston in between NYC and Philly or as the very last show after Pittsburgh or will they really skip Boston?

Pittsburgh has already been announced as the last show of the leg, so don't think we'll be seeing a Boston gig added after it. Then again, it was U2.com that said Pittsburgh is last, and knowing their track record, it's just as likely that a string of North American August dates will be announced. Shows in bustling metropolises like Billings, Cheyenne, Bismarck, and Missoula!

Okay, I'm confused. Why was there such a terrible sounding parking problem at Gillette? Aren't they used to dealing with similar-sized crowds every fall for Patriots games?

Patriots games are always a mess, but note that the U2 concerts obviously smashed the attendance records for Gillette.

So is there nothing in California that could be a possible show in the ten days between Oakland and Anaheim? It's not like U2 to waste two potential concert slots! Guess I'll have time to do that SF - LA cycle that I've just decided I've always wanted to.

Pittsburgh has already been announced as the last show of the leg, so don't think we'll be seeing a Boston gig added after it. Then again, it was U2.com that said Pittsburgh is last, and knowing their track record, it's just as likely that a string of North American August dates will be announced. Shows in bustling metropolises like Billings, Cheyenne, Bismarck, and Missoula!

U2 tours the colonies of the United States: shows on sale in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amelie, United States Virgin Islands; Hagåtña, Guam; Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands; Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; and Toronto, Ontario.

So is there nothing in California that could be a possible show in the ten days between Oakland and Anaheim? It's not like U2 to waste two potential concert slots! Guess I'll have time to do that SF - LA cycle that I've just decided I've always wanted to.

San Diego could be a candidate?

U2 tours the colonies of the United States: shows on sale in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amelie, United States Virgin Islands; Hagåtña, Guam; Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands; Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; and Toronto, Ontario.

Don't forget Sydney, New South Wales.

And maycocksean will be happy about that Saipan date!

A show in the Q or Petco would be pretty sweet.

I was in San Diego earlier this month, and I actually stepped foot inside Petco Park. I must testify that the Claw would not fit inside that teeny ballpark.

And U2 has a history of problems selling out the Q.

I was in San Diego earlier this month, and I actually stepped foot inside Petco Park. I must testify that the Claw would not fit inside that teeny ballpark.

And U2 has a history of problems selling out the Q.

San Diego :drool:

Petco Park :drool:

Are there any festivals in California between 7th and 17th June?

Pardon my ignorance please! But when / where are Bonaroo and Burning Man? They're the only two US festivals I can think of right now!

Dutch festival Pinkpop is in that period. If they can fly over for Glastonbury, they can for Pinkpop!

Personally, I don't think so, but:
- organiser Jan Smeets seems to have said he's gonna break every financial (Pinkpop) record
- it's U2's 30th birthday at Pinkpop (then held in Geleen)
- Pinkpop had Bruce Springsteen in the same year he headlined Glasto, as part of a Glasto/Pinkpop deal

SO... fingers crossed, but not for a USA show ;)

Cathal, are you coming to Seattle?

Hoping to Mrs, but ain't got nuttin sorted yet.

I've been pricing flights to follow the tour around North America. U2's tour planners have clearly been taking back handers from the airline industry's most bastardly money grabbers. It ain't gonna be cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom