2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For selfish reasons, I hope the next leg will be in the new year, as my wife and I are planning a trip to Australia and NZ.

I think it's safe to say the band will make its way to Oceania, the only question is when.

Maybe they will want to wait and see how Bono handles a full tour leg of Europe first.

it makes sens for them to finish the Europe leg, go work on SOA, then come back in January for Oceania, Feb/March for SA, then USA...

an announcment soon would be good .. . for late this year, early next year . . .who cares . . .just.make.an.announcement.soon :scream:

:shifty: and actually, early next year, say January school holidays would be perfecto . . . lots of mates around to offload kids too, christmas cash will be ready and waiting to snap up tour merch, won't have to have any *cough*sick*cough* days to line up . . . :hmm: yes, January please would be lovely. thank you :)

With Spiderman now set to open December 21, and in previews from Nov 14, I think any Australia/NZ dates are going to have to happen in 2011, since B&E need to be around at least some of the time for possible (probable) tweaking. And setting that date may have been the hold-up in announcing any dates down there, that's my theory.

In terms of selling as many tickets as possible the smart move would be to have the shows in Feb/March. When you get close to Christmas a lot of people are busy with Xmas shows, not to mention the huge amount of bands already in the country at that time. (And I can see Bon Jovi and U2 attracting the same kind of crowd, a lot of people - mostly casual fans - have already spent money for BJ and may not afford U2).
The only big act touring Feb/March at this point is Rihanna and I don't see many U2 fans going to that lol. Also tickets can be given for Christmas.
Only problem is, Etihad Stadium will be unavailable, perhaps they could do 2 nights at the smaller AAMI Park?

I've been checking five sources daily for news. They are: here, @U2, google news, U2start and U2fanz. Wonder if there are any other sites who might have "inside people". I remember before the Vertigo tour was announced we had two people on this forum who worked in the industry and were letting us know the latest with the tour while it was being prepared.

thatsnotmypuppy works for ticketmaster, or something like that, i'm fairly sure.

the fact he's not posting as much as pre-Vertigo announcement makes me sad!

I think a tour soon is very likely, but consider this...
We haven't had a single source within or associated with the band mention anything at all about coming to Australia. Not Bono, not McGuinness, no one. Only these anonymous "insiders" who claim December is on the cards. Even on Live Nation's facebook page they are dodging questions about U2 thrown at them.
I just want something solid, anything. Yes or no. This year or next year. Something. And I think I'm summing up a lot of people's feelings here!

perfectly fine :drool:

done :wink:

yeah me too, i'd prefer january because umm...well i don't know but i like it better.

:hi5:

five nights at Festival Hall i say!

:drool: . . . gah that would be crazy :)

I want to find someone who works in shipping. You don't just decide to send a million tons of equipment to Australia. SOMEONE must know.

:lol: . . .the closest I heard was the classic friend of a friend who buys coffee from a friend of a friend etc who works in security . . . 2011 was what they heard . . . reliable sources I'm telling ya :wink: :shrug:

from my previous post

Según fuentes del reducto, ahora ya se reservaron incluso los dos días para el evento y hay dos fechas probables: el 25 y 26 de marzo. Antes de eso, el grupo pasará por Oceanía en diciembre y retomará su 360° tour en Latinoamérica entre fines de febrero y principios de marzo. En la región, aparte de Chile, el plan preliminar contempla recitales en Argentina, Brasil, México y posiblemente Perú.

I don't have time to translate, but I know you'll get through it :wink:

from my previous post

Según fuentes del reducto, ahora ya se reservaron incluso los dos días para el evento y hay dos fechas probables: el 25 y 26 de marzo. Antes de eso, el grupo pasará por Oceanía en diciembre y retomará su 360° tour en Latinoamérica entre fines de febrero y principios de marzo. En la región, aparte de Chile, el plan preliminar contempla recitales en Argentina, Brasil, México y posiblemente Perú.

Thank god I speak English and Spanish. :lol:

Let's hope these rumors are true, they sound pretty good. :up:

So with Spiderman opening Dec 21 and in previews from Nov 14, would Bono and Edge have to be hanging around for that, or would their music all be finished and ready to go and they can go off touring? It could clash with potential Oz/NZ dates?

So with Spiderman opening Dec 21 and in previews from Nov 14, would Bono and Edge have to be hanging around for that, or would their music all be finished and ready to go and they can go off touring? It could clash with potential Oz/NZ dates?

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...iscussion-part-2-a-206809-15.html#post6883591 :wink:

from my previous post

mid-late March for Latin America would be fabulous for me, have been targeting doing U2 en español somewhere during this tour...Spain didn't work out so I am eyeing Argentina, Chile or Mexico. :)

u2gigs
So I expect Aussie and NZ dates soon. Matt 17 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom