2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah I so want to watch videos etc from the first shows starting tomorrow but want to save internet mb's so that I can handle the ticketing sites at least a tiny bit better incase they announce/go on sale soon, even though they're scary places anyway..:ohmy: :lol:

Anyway could anoyone fill me in as to how the u2.com presale weighs into this? is it much of an advantage (besides obviously less people vs you) at all over the public sales, or is just same old stuff etc?

Cheers everyone :wave:

with r/t presales... do you just sign up to u2.com for free and you can be in them? or do you have to have a paid membership?

Yeah it's a paid up thing, i think about $60 Australian. I think the presale people are all assigned to a various presale group based on when they joined up, and each group may get like a day priority over the next, but they all get a go before the public...i think that's how it works?

Anyway i guess (well hope) that it's the same go in Australia but dunno. So yeah

Yeah it's a paid up thing, i think about $60 Australian. I think the presale people are all assigned to a various presale group based on when they joined up, and each group may get like a day priority over the next, but they all get a go before the public...i think that's how it works?

Anyway i guess (well hope) that it's the same go in Australia but dunno. So yeah

Yeah, the presale groups are based on when you joined, i.e. older members get seniority. However, it seemed that even the most recent members did well out of last year's presale, with few people missing out on their desired tickets. Stark contrast to the absolute fiasco of 2005's presales!

So presales can be worth it, if you find the membership price personally justifiable. I'm probably not going to do it this time around, but that's just because I don't want to give U2.com more money and think my luck should hold in the general sale. Maybe I'll change my tune when the tour is announced ... see how keen and affluent I feel at the time really.

This was from an interview only a day ago. Does that really sound like we are only days away from a tour announcement? If we were you would think McGuinness would say "Yes we are going to Australia." Why keep it secret for a few days?

a non-confirmation is better than an outright denial. usually means "yes but i can't say anything yet".

Yeah, the presale groups are based on when you joined, i.e. older members get seniority. However, it seemed that even the most recent members did well out of last year's presale, with few people missing out on their desired tickets. Stark contrast to the absolute fiasco of 2005's presales!

So presales can be worth it, if you find the membership price personally justifiable. I'm probably not going to do it this time around, but that's just because I don't want to give U2.com more money and think my luck should hold in the general sale. Maybe I'll change my tune when the tour is announced ... see how keen and affluent I feel at the time really.

yeah i've never had to have a go at "stadium scale" ticket sales, so I'm real paranoid about it, so I'm 'cheating' this time. :wink:

I was in the junior level of the presale groups (a day and a half later to buy than the senior group) and I still got the tickets I wanted. I think it's worth it.

The only problem I can see happening is if you want to attend shows in different cities. The presale for Europe only let you buy tickets for one show in one city while the presale for North America let you use your alloted 4 tickets for any shows in the country.

I'm not sure what to do. Don't really want to join one of the pre-sale things and don't have credit card bonus things to get early tix. Could get friends to do it but that's sometimes a hassle for them.
I have a feeling that I might just line up the night before in Geelong, possibly somewhere smaller like Ballarat :hmm:

A new interview with McGuinness says this...

"This tour by the end of this year will be the biggest grossing music tour by anyone of all time," McGuinness predicted. "And we will still have another 30 shows next year, 20-30 shows next year."

So there's 16 North American dates in 2011. I'm guessing 6 in South America. Maybe some more elsewhere?

Well all indications have pointed towards dates being announced this month. It's only the 7th of August but thinking something should happen within a week or so. If we haven't heard anything by the time September rolls around then I don't like our chances of the shows happening this year.
McGuinness has just said that he thinks this tour will be the highest grossing ever by the end of THIS year. There's no way they'll be able to reach that on the Euro dates alone, so...

"This tour by the end of this year will be the biggest grossing music tour by anyone of all time," McGuinness predicted. "And we will still have another 30 shows next year, 20-30 shows next year."

So there's 16 North American dates in 2011. I'm guessing 6 in South America. Maybe some more elsewhere?

Here's what I'm thinking for 2011-

16 announced dates.

6 in SA
2 in Mexico
Probably a few more US dates in those HUGE gaps in the schedule.

Small European leg after US leg:
2 shows in Ireland
3 shows in the UK
2 shows in Holland
1 show in France (not in Paris... perhaps Lyon)
Couple shows in eastern Europe maybe; (Czech, Hungary, Romania)??

Here's what I'm thinking for 2011-

16 announced dates.

6 in SA
2 in Mexico
Probably a few more US dates in those HUGE gaps in the schedule.

Small European leg after US leg:
2 shows in Ireland
3 shows in the UK
2 shows in Holland
1 show in France (not in Paris... perhaps Lyon)
Couple shows in eastern Europe maybe; (Czech, Hungary, Romania)??

I doubt Europe will get any more shows after this leg. That's just my opinion. The majority will probably be South America and Oceania

What no Oceania? I doubt Europe will get any more shows after this leg.

I thought Oceania was still on target for NOV/DEC??? I know nothing is officially announced, but hopefully soon for you guy's sake!

I just kind of think there will be a short 10 date European leg covering Ireland, UK, Holland and there seems to be demand for one more show in France. I just think if they do have a new album, and they think the money is there to be made, why wouldn't they?

I thought Oceania was still on target for NOV/DEC??? I know nothing is officially announced, but hopefully soon for you guy's sake!

I just kind of think there will be a short 10 date European leg covering Ireland, UK, Holland and there seems to be demand for one more show in France. I just think if they do have a new album, and they think the money is there to be made, why wouldn't they?

I thought about it and agreed that you're right. However I will be suprised if U2 come for Nov/Dec shows. We're at the bottom and usually get left last.

Only 16 US dates for next year ? So that leaves 14 shows ...

The rest I presume is divided between S. America/Australia and N. Zealand/Japan/maybe S.Africa with the all-new stadiums.

No Europe unless it's true there will be shows in America in 2012 (with a new album by then).

edit: here's the breakdown for S. Hemisphere since Zoo TV

Zoo TV - 8 Aus/NZ and 2 Japan shows
Pomart - 2. S. Africa, 2 Japan, 4 Australia and 7 S. American shows
Vertigo - 8 S. American shows, 3 Japan shows, 7 Australian and 2 NZ

Seems like the average is 7/8 shows for Australia and South America which would fit in with what McGuiness said above and I guess one or two shows in Japan ?

I agree that they will do shows after Minneapolis.

The only option for them after NA is South Africa (Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban have brand-new stadiums due to the World Cup) and the Middle East.

Perhaps they will return to Israel. Or even make their debut in the UAE.:hmm:

Can you imagine U2 360 wrapping up in an exotic locale like Dubai?:ohmy:

30 shows next year will probably consist of 4 more additional shows in the USA and roughly 10 in S.America and Mexico combined. Aus/NZ/Japan this november and december.

Not liking this sudden wall of silence. Not liking it at all!

I figured the re-launch of the tour on the weekend would have been the perfect time to announce Oz/NZ dates.

either that or the shows will be in feb/mar 2011. it seems kinda late to be announcing an oceania leg if it starts in november. but who knows.

either that or the shows will be in feb/mar 2011. it seems kinda late to be announcing an oceania leg if it starts in november. but who knows.

I was thinking that as well. I wonder if the management team is rethinking the schedule more to do with how saturated the Oceania market will be with so many big acts in the area not to mention the close proximity to Christmas. Having a leg in January / February / March might actually help sales since people could buy tickets as Christmas gifts.

the thing that still gets me though is recently Paul M said in an interview that by the end of this year the 360 tour will pass $558 million the Rolling Stones did with the Bigger Bang tour. if that's so they must be playing somewhere else other than europe before christmas. they might have shows reserved for early 2011 as a back up plan if they think the market will be saturated in november/december because of bon jovi and other bands.

Not liking this sudden wall of silence. Not liking it at all!

I figured the re-launch of the tour on the weekend would have been the perfect time to announce Oz/NZ dates.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure the Aussie/NZ Leg of the Vertigo Tour was annoucned about halfway through the third leg of Vertigo Tour. At the time of one of the Oakland shows, I think.

Its stilly 'early' on in August too.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure the Aussie/NZ Leg of the Vertigo Tour was annoucned about halfway through the third leg of Vertigo Tour. At the time of one of the Oakland shows, I think.

Its stilly 'early' on in August too.

The original shows for March were announced in November and the rescheduled shows for November were announced in July. So it was 4 months both times. So I'm not too worried at the moment. As long as there's announcement soon by the time tickets go on sale there will be about 2 and a half months until the supposed first gig in New Zealand.
I said that if we haven't heard anything by the end of this month they probably won't be this year and I stand by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom