2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt they would do two cities in New Zealand, but otherwise, that's pretty close to my thoughts on the wide timeframe.

Doubt they would do two cities in New Zealand, but otherwise, that's pretty close to my thoughts on the wide timeframe.

If they did...would it be Auckland and Wellington or Auckland and Christchurch? It seems most unlikely that they would cross the strait for one show in Christchurch.

:shrug:

Auckland makes more sense logistically ... Wellington has the ideal venue.

Shame it just makes no sense to play multiple cities when they can keep costs down by doing two gigs in one city and make a higher profit despite playing to less of the country.

From what Edges cousins brothers told me, they are also playing Hobart :wink:

Seriously reconsidering disposing of my Canadian tickets if they tour is as extensive as Perth and New Zealand. Any excuse to get a couple of days in Perth is fine with me!

they need that kind of time window if they are going to play asia at all since they usually play asia with the nz/australian dates.

There has been absolutely no rumours of any Asian shows that I have seen. The bulk of it has been about Australia in December and starting Mid-November in New Zealand. And they will play NZ, I am absolutely sure of this. What I want to know is, what's the easiest way for an Aussie to get hold of a ticket for a show in NZ? I've never gone overseas to see U2 before and want to know how to go about it.

buy tickets in the sale, wait until someone tries to sell them via here or trademe/ebay or look out for ticket drops.

i got my vertigo tickets through the presale for one auckland show, and through a ticket drop for the other.

Okay well I'm not in the official U2 fan club so pre-sale doesn't apply. I can't imagine sitting on the phone for hours trying to connect overseas. Maybe you can buy them on an online ticketing agency? If not, Ebay is the go I think.
I just wish there was an announcement with the dates already so I can start planning everything!

Okay well I'm not in the official U2 fan club so pre-sale doesn't apply. I can't imagine sitting on the phone for hours trying to connect overseas. Maybe you can buy them on an online ticketing agency? If not, Ebay is the go I think.
I just wish there was an announcement with the dates already so I can start planning everything!

we're not in the dark ages, you can buy tickets online for events here :wink:

just like the australian agencies (and any worldwide) it'll all but crash when tickets go on sale though.

without doubt there will be. there was last time and i don't think they've regressed*.

*=!!!

:hyper: :happydance: :D thanks!

we're not in the dark ages, you can buy tickets online for events here :wink:

just like the australian agencies (and any worldwide) it'll all but crash when tickets go on sale though.

:lol: ^ brings back very bad memories of trying to secure tix for Vertigo :sad:

wowwowwowwowwow these rumours are building some pace.

but why does every single band i've ever liked all decide to tour at the same time :scream:

:sigh:

noooo, u2 needs to play in 2011 so you can come :(

I know and I'm really sorry but I cannot get that time off nor the money to afford it within such a short timeframe. I really have to focus on uni this year or I'll have to take another extra year. I want to get my bachelor this year and it's gonna take a LOT of effort.
I'll try next tour.

I can't imagine sitting on the phone for hours trying to connect overseas.

I bought both my Popmart Sydney and Vertigo Auckland tickets over the phone from in the U.S.
It did take a bit of time, but it worked flawlessly.
Just be sure you know what your phone service charges for international calls, or use a special dialing service.
Hopefully, the online ticketing will work this time, but don't be afraid to call.

2011 would suit me better. I would still go in dec anyway. I still think dec is bit of a bad time so close to xmas xmas partys going on etc.

i buy in person whenever i can. no chance of crashes or engaged signals.

After I got 'demoted' when buying Tori tickets in Person, I'm never buying concert tickets again...

Tori went on sale the same day as Rob Thomas...I was about 3rd in line with nobody behind me, It comes to my turn and the lady asks "Are you Rob Thomas?" (I wish I'd said, No I'm Daniel Almond ;)) but I replied "Nope I'm after Tori Amos".....a guy had rocked up about 2-3 minutes prior to this, standing behind me in line.

So the lady asks the guy behind me "Are you after Rob Thomas?" He says yes, and the fucking bitch decides to serve him first. Leaving me shafted with crappy Tori tickets.

So thats my story. of why I'm never buying in person, again.

buy in person is my recommendation.

The online times out quickly (and the site slows to buggery when there are so many people on it). And the phone is nigh on impossible to get through on.

Best way: travel to a remote country outlet. I bought my vertigo Sydney tickets in Wagga ( my brother was living there). There were 12 people in line by opening time. This is opposed to the 450 in Newcastle at midnight the night before

Frankly, I'd never buy in person. No way am I trusting my luck for good tickets to an operator of unknown competence. Getting through online isn't usually that difficult if you're familiar with the system.

It's above 0.90 USD right now, so pretty good. Don't think an exchange rate at 0.90 would be a major problem. For Vertigo in 06 it was in the 0.70's USD. But with the expense of shipping those massive stage structures around the world, I'm sure that Paul McG will be even more keen than usual to squeeze every cent out of a tour down under. Let's hope he thinks it's viable, or the boys are happy to take a few risks, uh-oh Sounds like Pop Mart :ohmy:

Oops, obviously the dollar's improved since I last looked. Bad me for not keeping up with the financial news!

nope, but interference will see you outfitted with some powder blue slippers and a dressing gown to wear while you sit by the fire as the kids go to the concert :wink:

Sweeet. Bring me a t-shirt, ye young whipper-snapper!

I know and I'm really sorry but I cannot get that time off nor the money to afford it within such a short timeframe. I really have to focus on uni this year or I'll have to take another extra year. I want to get my bachelor this year and it's gonna take a LOT of effort.
I'll try next tour.

:(

:hug:

I've nearly always got through online and got decent tickets (Muse being the only exception so far). If you've got decent internet and good reflexes, you should be okay... It's a lot more comfortable than driving beyond the black stump and camping out in front of a ticket agency, anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom