2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They has massive issues with transport for that last Brisbane show. Lots of complaints about ppl getting stuck down at the stadium and not being able to get back to central Brisbane.

Its also very much an obsolete stadium when the wonderful Lang Park (Suncorp Stadium) is available. And so close to town too! :hyper:

MCG would be mental. Etihad is a terrible venue unless you're on the front half of the floor.

Sound at the G is rubbish compared to sound at Etihad.

I don't know where they got the whole "QSAC left a bad taste in their mouth" thing from. I had not heard anything about them having a bad experience there, quite the opposite actually!

As well as the transport issues mentioned above, there was also the fiasco with letting in seated ticketholders that caused the show to begin half an hour late. The Crappier-Mail is, of course, beating things out of proportion though.

To speak with an internet voice..."they major failed"

Popmart was no where near full back in 1998

Doubt that's on U2's mind any more after the venue sold out in about an hour for Vertigo. They probably could've done two gigs.

I'm only going if it works out with my Trip to the US in General. Otherwise you can buy them off me :)...something to keep me less depressed because of No Tori for 2 more years.

U2 could just play, what 4 nights at AAMI Park instead ;)

If they dont announce the Oz tour the first of August I will be thoroughly pissed. :angry:

I just dont like all the waiting gone through since barcelona.
Its superbly frustrating.

so...you'd rather have tickets go on sale omgrightthissecond so you can...wait until the shows? this logic makes no sense.

Thats what i did for Muse
Ended up getting 4 GA tickets on the 9th and 2 Golden Seats for da 10th
So excited :D :D

After the dates are announced (I'm guessing somewhere around next w/end, after the tour has kicked off again) it will be about two weeks before tickets go on sale to the general public. Those two weeks will be angst-filled for a lot of people. Took me 3 hours to get through on the phone for Adelaide tickets for Vertigo.
I'm still finding it odd that it is seemingly only going to be a NZ/AUS leg in December. I haven't heard the slightest bit of info about any possible Japan shows, and apparently South America is next year. Seems like a huge undertaking for probably half a dozen shows...

yeah, with south america being rumoured to be in 2011 really makes me think aus/nz will be then too. it just seems silly to ping pong across hemispheres like that. though i'd say if it's mid-august :)shifty:) and there still hasn't been an announcement about the tour dates, i think it'd be safe to say it won't be in december.

Announcement next week, tickets on sale mid-late august. Hypothetically.

That works for me, especially if its after the 22nd of August, which is my pay day!

I'm still finding it odd that it is seemingly only going to be a NZ/AUS leg in December.

Hell, have there even been any recent New Zealand rumours? Australia has been the only subject of the November/December talk. There was that rumour a couple of months ago, just after the North American postponement, that February/March would be Japan/Korea/Australia/NZ before Latin America, but not a word on that lately ...

Hell, have there even been any recent New Zealand rumours? Australia has been the only subject of the November/December talk. There was that rumour a couple of months ago, just after the North American postponement, that February/March would be Japan/Korea/Australia/NZ before Latin America, but not a word on that lately ...

Nothing lately which is getting me extremely worried that they will miss us out.:crack:

and besides, i sure as hell don't want an announcement yet, because that means tickets would go on sale on monday, and i'm sure not ready for that.

Seconded. All the bloody casual fans will snap them up before me. :mad:

Yeah, nothing is more frightening than missing out on tickets that instead go to a bunch of casuals who are going because they want to see "the band that plays Vertigo and Beautiful Day". These are also the type of being that would refer to Mofo as "weird rubbish". Fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom