2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to make more sense to go from NZ to an east-coast city (or vice versa) than to go from/to Perth to/from NZ?

I remember there were rumours of a Perth date some time ago, I hope that ends up still being true and WA gets some action!

So how many CLAW's are we expecting to be sent to our shores? I think I'll have a stab & say 2. So we could have something like Auckland (claw 1), Brisbane (claw 2), Melbourne (claw 1), Sydney (claw 2) & finally Perth or Adelaide (claw 1) - if we're lucky.
What do you think, sound like a plan?....... Now give us some dates!

It really doesn't make any sense them missing Adelaide. I hope they remember our show back in 2006 sold out very quickly. They could have easily played a second show.

I doubt there would be posters up already when there hasn't even been an announcement yet.
But 4 cities sounds right considering the info we have received so far, and they will definitely only put one night on sale for Sydney and Melbourne at first, as they would be unsure how they would sell.

THIS JUST IN!

apparently someone has taken a photo of the aforementioned poster and the dates are as follows:

Melbourne - Dec 1st
Brisbane - Dec 8th
Sydney - Dec 13th
Perth - Dec 18th

but i want to see a photo of this poster!

brisbane fine print:
suncorp stadium is a non-smoking venue

sydney:
all concert tickets include major event rail and bus services

perth:
public transport included in ticket price

that's the gist of it. that adds a bit of cred, but it's a funny thing to put on a concert poster.

wtf.png

just to save us having to click on the link

A friend of mine just tells me that she's known for a month or so, works for the queensland govt and was helping to approve plans lol

Are you coming Rosa????????

I doubt it unfortunately. I had made plans with my family to travel during Christmas and won't be able to take more vacation time in December. I was counting on early 2011 for these shows. If Auckland is in November I might be able to make that, but that's questionable also. Damn, I'd love to go back to Auckland, those 2006 shows were so great.

I doubt it unfortunately. I had made plans with my family to travel during Christmas and won't be able to take more vacation time in December. I was counting on early 2011 for these shows. If Auckland is in November I might be able to make that, but that's questionable also. Damn, I'd love to go back to Auckland, those 2006 shows were so great.

Yes they were!

Is it a little odd that most of the dates (and therefore potential add-on dates) are weekdays?

I don't know what would make sense scheduling-wise, but it seems to me that if you are only doing 4 cities on a continent, why not make them hit weekends?

Is it a little odd that most of the dates (and therefore potential add-on dates) are weekdays?

I don't know what would make sense scheduling-wise, but it seems to me that if you are only doing 4 cities on a continent, why not make them hit weekends?

I was thinking much the same. Maybe the info on that alleged poster is accurate and maybe it's not, but it would be so easy for someone to fake it.

*waitsandsees*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom