2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perdue

The Fly
Any one have any inside info or rumored info on any locations/dates planned for the 2010 leg???

Just read this off u2.com:

" Here is a list of cities that U2 will visit in 2010 as per a very reliable source at Live Nation

Montreal, QC
Pittsburgh, PA
Detroit, MI
Philadelphia, PA
Buffalo, NY
Edmonton, AB
Winnipeg, MB
Columbus, OH
Madison, WI
Des Moines, IO
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Miami, FL
Kansas City, MO
San Antonio, TX
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
San Diego, CA
Oakland, CA
Eugene, OR
Seattle, WA
Mexico City

Fall 2010

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Santiago, Chile
Buenos Aires, Argentina"

Take it with a grain of salt....

Wasn't it the Popmart Tour that they didn't repeat any of the Leg 1 US cities on the 3rd leg and vice versa

Des Moines, IO

This alone makes me think this is crap. First of all it is IA not IO. :wink: There are two problems here. First off, Des Moines doesn't have a large stadium. Second, if the band were to play arenas they wouldn't play Des Moines. I don't think they have ever played Des Moines. They'd probably go for one of the two big college towns or Omaha. :shrug: I think this list is highly unlikely. :down:

OMG....if this is true and Eugene, Seattle and Denver all really do happen, I guess I'll be seeing them three times in 2010! :D

I'm especially THRILLED about Eugene...a show at Autzen would be nothing short of amazing.

This alone makes me think this is crap. First of all it is IA not IO. :wink: There are two problems here. First off, Des Moines doesn't have a large stadium. Second, if the band were to play arenas they wouldn't play Des Moines. I don't think they have ever played Des Moines. They'd probably go for one of the two big college towns or Omaha. :shrug: I think this list is highly unlikely. :down:

I agree with you.They would play Minneapolis before Des Moines...They have never missed playing here on any tour.

Well if they were playing Buffalo it would be at either HSBC Arena (18,690 capacity) or Ralph Wilson Stadium (about 80,000). I doubt they could sell out the Ralph and I doubt they'll start playing arenas after planning the tour around a stadium setup. Rumor fail. :doh:

Just read this off u2.com:

" Here is a list of cities that U2 will visit in 2010 as per a very reliable source at Live Nation

Montreal, QC
Pittsburgh, PA
Detroit, MI
Philadelphia, PA
Buffalo, NY
Edmonton, AB
Winnipeg, MB
Columbus, OH
Madison, WI
Des Moines, IO
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Miami, FL
Kansas City, MO
San Antonio, TX
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
San Diego, CA
Oakland, CA
Eugene, OR
Seattle, WA
Mexico City

Fall 2010

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Santiago, Chile
Buenos Aires, Argentina"

Take it with a grain of salt....

Madison would make me oh, so happy :)

I call shenanigans on this list (though I hope the Eugene and C-Bus dates are true :hyper: ).

Exhibit A: No Minn/St. Paul date
Exhibit B: Baltimore? It's not impossible, but the DC area date is in Landover, MD, which is only about 30 miles away from Baltimore.
Number C: Kansas City but not St. Louis?

I'd say Des Moines and Columbia sound fishy, but then again they are playing Norman and Charlottesville so they could be true. Did the Popmart date in Columbia sell well?

There is another thread around somewhere that got into this, but I'll post what we found.
These are screen captures from the Web site Eventful.com.
I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS GOSPEL! The OP just wanted to know speculation for 2010, so here is one source of speculation...

Attachments

• Eventful A.jpg
    Eventful A.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Eventful B.jpg
    Eventful B.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 31
  • Eventful C.jpg
    Eventful C.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.